BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Notified my M5 went into Production...Yahtzee!!!!!

12-07-2017, 11:34 AM   #1
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Notified my M5 went into Production...Yahtzee!!!!!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I was originally told I was scheduled for 1st week of January but it popped today. Super stoked!!!

However what I think is really stupid on BMW's behalf is that reviews are out, pictures have been out for 2 months, configurator live on Euro sites for a month, had to build my car WITHOUT THE US WEBSITE CONFIGURATOR.

BMW why? Explain the logic in this. Part of the excitement is to build the car on the site and visualize it. I was resourceful enough to use euro sites but it's the same. I'm really surprised about this BMW, perhaps you can stop being a slew of redundant models and get on your A game with your site.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-07-2017, 09:34 PM   #2
sybaek9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

I also got my VIN last week for my build but according to some sources, it seems BMW production goes on a break so they're saying that Jan date might still be correct. Others are saying if production schedule is on target, after 2 weeks of production, it will lead to shipping.

Your production date will update once it's compete so check in about 2 weeks to see if there are any updates.

http://bimmer.work/
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Congrats man! Glad to see another long time M5 owner/enthusiast get one of the first F90 M5's here in the States.

I agree this introduction of the F90 M5 to the market has been really weird. No US Configurator. Are residuals even out yet? No official information on European Delivery yet. I know that BMW is not doing MSD's anymore and have a new limited warranty, but it would be nice to officially know if the CCB's on the new F90 M5's are covered under BMW Maintenance or Warranty Plan. There was a lot of confusion on that subject when they were first introduced on the F10 M5. Still not 100% clear for the F90 M5 I think.

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 03:31 PM   #4
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Congrats man! Glad to see another long time M5 owner/enthusiast get one of the first F90 M5's here in the States.

I agree this introduction of the F90 M5 to the market has been really weird. No US Configurator. Are residuals even out yet? No official information on European Delivery yet. I know that BMW is not doing MSD's anymore and have a new limited warranty, but it would be nice to officially know if the CCB's on the new F90 M5's are covered under BMW Maintenance or Warranty Plan. There was a lot of confusion on that subject when they were first introduced on the F10 M5. Still not 100% clear for the F90 M5 I think.
Thank you very much!!!

I agree....and the residuals are not out to my knowledge. I'm surprised because I don't remember all this nonsense prior to the release of the F10. It makes no sense from a sales or marketing perspective to not have the configurator live on the USA site but it's up in the euro market. If you were on the fence between this and the E63 or other competing cars, it helps visualize the car the way you bespoke it. So like I said, maybe if BMW didn't focus on so much vapid redundant models maybe they get back to basics and get this launched right.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 03:40 PM   #5
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87 View Post
Quote:

Thank you very much!!!

I agree....and the residuals are not out to my knowledge. I'm surprised because I don't remember all this nonsense prior to the release of the F10. It makes no sense from a sales or marketing perspective to not have the configurator live on the USA site but it's up in the euro market. If you were on the fence between this and the E63 or other competing cars, it helps visualize the car the way you bespoke it. So like I said, maybe if BMW didn't focus on so much vapid redundant models maybe they get back to basics and get this launched right.
I used the word weird. But I really should've said, piss poor.

The new Aston Martin Vantage was unveiled a couple of weeks ago. The configurator for that car was up 2 days later and production starts next Spring. Get your shit together BMW!

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #6
kunxian888
Registered
Rep
Drives: LR2

Hello,

Congrats on the M5.
May I ask is your car a HEA or a "regular" retail M5? And when you are ordering the M5, are you able to modify the config?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 12:39 PM   #7
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunxian888 View Post
Hello,

Congrats on the M5.
May I ask is your car a HEA or a "regular" retail M5? And when you are ordering the M5, are you able to modify the config?
I'm not sure if I'm understanding the lingo...But I was able to spec the car the way I wanted it. From what I understand sometimes BMW just sends a M5 the way they want and it cannot be changed.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 01:20 PM   #8
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunxian888 View Post
Hello,

Congrats on the M5.
It's an HEA car. As far as I know, the regular order bank has not opened up yet. But dealerships who want to make some extra cash will cater to customers and let them spec their HEA car with the options that they want so they can sell it quick. The only bad thing with HEA cars is that the options for colors and stuff may be limited for the initial launch cars. I am guessing the regular order bank will open next month or in February. And BMW Full Individual probably won't open up until next summer. For Euro Delivery I am also guessing that BMW won't start that until around April or May for the new F90 M5. Competition Package may be coming next summer or early fall of 2018, we shall see.

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 08:14 PM   #9
kunxian888
Registered
Rep
Drives: LR2

Quote:
It's an HEA car. As far as I know, the regular order bank has not opened up yet. But dealerships who want to make some extra cash will cater to customers and let them spec their HEA car with the options that they want so they can sell it quick. The only bad thing with HEA cars is that the options for colors and stuff may be limited for the initial launch cars. I am guessing the regular order bank will open next month or in February. And BMW Full Individual probably won't open up until next summer. For Euro Delivery I am also guessing that BMW won't start that until around April or May for the new F90 M5. Competition Package may be coming next summer or early fall of 2018, we shall see.
Thank you for the explanation!
Appreciate 0