dougpaper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Dealer Service

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So my 2019 with 24K started letting know service is due soon. Dealership sent me text and i ended up dropping off this morning at 10:15am. Oil change , plugs, brake service some of it gets stupid. I told my service advisor to please check out why it stalls when its warmed up and i restart it. Happens quite frequently and i said i had read about fuel pump issues. Also asked about the AC not really being up to snuff. Anyways long story i am alright with all of the above, but i happened to use my BMW app in my phone just to check it out and it sat in the same outside parking space until about 4:45pm. What was interesting was my service advisor called me at about 3:30pm and told me the tech was still trying to diagnose the warm start issue and ac. The car was outdoors and i have pictures hour by hour of nothing being done. Do they not know we can access the car by the BMW app? Just makes me not trust the advisor and if he hits me with some crazy hourly estimate i will show the photo's. Keep the car for a week but dont tell me the advisor has been working on it when they clearly were not.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 06:08 PM   #2
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

This type of stuff makes no sense. I mean what does a guy working as Service Advisor gain by lying to the customer about the work not performed? I would report him to management.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 06:23 PM   #3
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Were you looking at the location of the car? Or were you using the 360° camera thing?

Only reason I ask is that maybe the moves the car into the service bay and the app just showed the most recent location (where it was parked in the lot)?

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
babaikram511.50
      08-10-2021, 09:02 PM   #4
dougpaper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Were you looking at the location of the car? Or were you using the 360° camera thing?

Only reason I ask is that maybe the moves the car into the service bay and the app just showed the most recent location (where it was parked in the lot)?
i just updated it hourly using the 3d part of the app. dont care that they need to keep the car just dont tell me you were working all day. Each outdoor space is numbered. and i know the tech wasnt out working in the rain.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 10:03 AM   #5
jackass
Private
Rep
Drives: M5, 911 Turbo s

Did they have any explanation for that?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 10:46 AM   #6
dougpaper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

waiting for the call to pick it up will address with them. my concern is that car is certified and he mentioned if they spend time looking at the AC and fuel pump issue i may be charged, said they spent time yesterday doing that which i dont understand i got the car in december. should be part of warranty
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 11:26 AM   #7
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
I would have driven up there myself to verify and taken an actual photo. That 3D surround view thing isn't always up to date.

Just in the odd chance he was telling you the truth that is.

I would be pissed too. I told my SA not to wash the car. And when I came to pick it up i noticed it was clean. Took it out in the sun outside their pick up drive through thing and inspected. Scratches all over my hood. Now they're repainting it for a 2nd time because the first paint job looked like crap. Hella swirl marks and cratering. Plus debris under the clear.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 04:55 PM   #8
TJ_El_Jefe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougpaper View Post
So my 2019 with 24K started letting know service is due soon. Dealership sent me text and i ended up dropping off this morning at 10:15am. Oil change , plugs, brake service some of it gets stupid. I told my service advisor to please check out why it stalls when its warmed up and i restart it. Happens quite frequently and i said i had read about fuel pump issues. Also asked about the AC not really being up to snuff. Anyways long story i am alright with all of the above, but i happened to use my BMW app in my phone just to check it out and it sat in the same outside parking space until about 4:45pm. What was interesting was my service advisor called me at about 3:30pm and told me the tech was still trying to diagnose the warm start issue and ac. The car was outdoors and i have pictures hour by hour of nothing being done. Do they not know we can access the car by the BMW app? Just makes me not trust the advisor and if he hits me with some crazy hourly estimate i will show the photo's. Keep the car for a week but dont tell me the advisor has been working on it when they clearly were not.
I just got my 18 M5 CPO and it does the shut off when warming up sometimes. Is this truly an issue, and once when I nailed in in Sport Plus It kind of stuttered a bit. Should I take my car to a dealer and see if there's an issue? I more chalked those things up to shit happening and really don't think its an issue but this is the first Bimmer I've ever had so
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 06:39 PM   #9
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougpaper View Post
waiting for the call to pick it up will address with them. my concern is that car is certified and he mentioned if they spend time looking at the AC and fuel pump issue i may be charged, said they spent time yesterday doing that which i dont understand i got the car in december. should be part of warranty
Let us know what happens Doug.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 06:37 AM   #10
dougpaper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So i have to eat some crow. The dealer tech couldn't replicate the stalling issue and it clearly happens often but i will just keep restarting it since it fires immediately after stalling so sooner or later a fix will come out. My A\C charge was down and they added charge and said temp checked out. Other than that they replaced plugs, made a note i had after market air filters in the box so they didn't change them out. They flushed the brakes and oil service and found a code for low battery which they charged up and replaced a battery in the headliner because it was dead and for the SOS system in case of crash. I had previously removed the charcoal filters and noticed in the work order they replaced intake silencer whatever that is

I was expecting a 1K bill but all was covered under my warranty. So i probably jumped the gun, i always give my SA some type of gift and will be purchasing dinner gift cards for him. Also before the service he asked if i wanted the car washed and i said no. He honored that wish so in a way i feel guilty for posting. Sometimes i guess the dealership schedules appointments but other situations cause them to move some cars ahead of others and they provided a loaner anyways.
In this case i was a bufoon to be honest.
Appreciate 2
Mdef54.00
Ex_Stig2592.50