BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    M5 CS vs GT63s vs RS6 vs Panamera Turbo S - carwow

08-06-2021, 11:54 AM   #23
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
The M3/4 CS models were a bit of a flop as far as sales go. Many got them at deep discounts.
I think one of the reasons why the M3CS flopped was because of the lack of lease program at the beginning. Once the cars started to sit on the lot BMWFS finally noticed and did something about it.

Again, with the M5CS, there is no lease program from BMWFS. Hopefully the car doesn't suffer the same fate.
There was leasing on the M2 CS, but I was quoted something like $1600 per month. So I don't think anyone leased their M2 CS.

I think the best performing sedan in the the market, M5 CS, will sell out its limited run.

A bigger issue with the M3/4 was likely the lack of a manual transmission, when it was an option on the Comp models. All M5s are auto, so you aren't giving up something major to the enthusiasts in the base models.
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2021, 12:06 PM   #24
werdn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3 Shark, ex E92 M3 ZCP

Anyone know the upgrades for the M5CS compared to the M5C outside of the M8 dampers and, carbon hood, and lower ride height? I wonder if it is possible to retrofit one in the future if you cant get your hands on one.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 12:40 PM   #25
Dark-Knight
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by werdn View Post
Anyone know the upgrades for the M5CS compared to the M5C outside of the M8 dampers and, carbon hood, and lower ride height? I wonder if it is possible to retrofit one in the future if you cant get your hands on one.
cost prohibitive and difficult Id stay in the hunt for a CS peoples situations change, its sounds like only a few units but in reality, we may like it but others dont
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 01:05 PM   #26
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by werdn View Post
Seats are gonna be expensive. I've seen some crazy numbers tossed around for those. Then, the rear seats are probably going to be even harder to find than the fronts.

I can't imagine that it would make any financial sense to try and turn a M5C into a CS.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 01:54 PM   #27
GerryM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Gosh, I wish I was 40 again. I'd buy the M5CS in a heartbeat. That said at 80 my M2C brings me joy everyday.

Brilliant M5CS🔥🔥🔥. Well done BMW M👍👍👍
E39 M5 Dinan S2
E34 M5 Dinan S1
Appreciate 2
Ex_Stig2594.00
brava09767.00
      08-06-2021, 02:53 PM   #28
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Everyone is getting all spun up on BMW's mindset and what it all means but there's probably one major thing at play:

The buzz and marketing around this car...

The total sales for all of these cars will not crack $100M for BMW. Their total revenue last year was like 117B. This will not even account for one tenth of a percent of their revenue. I don't think they care if it's in most people's price ranges or about selling a lot of them. They got to do something limited, fun, not lose money (probably), and got a F-ton of a buzz on the car and for the brand. Mission accomplished.
Would be fun for the final curtain of this chassis platform, that they make an limited M5 CSL. They have only made one, the E60 M5 CSL.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 03:45 PM   #29
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
A lot of people passed over the M5C because of the deterioration in ride quality with the harder bushings. Have heard the CS is much better in that regard, but the weight savings in the seats and CCB brakes add cost and also limit usability for a large portion of the buying population.

High level, I think BMW knows their buyers pretty well and has good stratification in the lineup.
I think that suspension problem was solved in the M5 Competition Lci. From what I have heard and read from those that have the Lci, it's much better feel than the pre Lci if that makes sense.

I for one do not find the Pre Lci too harsh. I never felt what some people felt. But I also never drove the base pre Lci M5, or the Lci M5 Competition either to compare.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 12:25 AM   #30
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
A lot of people passed over the M5C because of the deterioration in ride quality with the harder bushings. Have heard the CS is much better in that regard, but the weight savings in the seats and CCB brakes add cost and also limit usability for a large portion of the buying population.

High level, I think BMW knows their buyers pretty well and has good stratification in the lineup.
I think that suspension problem was solved in the M5 Competition Lci. From what I have heard and read from those that have the Lci, it's much better feel than the pre Lci if that makes sense.

I for one do not find the Pre Lci too harsh. I never felt what some people felt. But I also never drove the base pre Lci M5, or the Lci M5 Competition either to compare.
There is no problem with the pre LCI Competition suspension, I drive it only in sport plus and if anything it does not feel stiff enough
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 12:32 AM   #31
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5, 2022 911 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
The M3/4 CS models were a bit of a flop as far as sales go. Many got them at deep discounts.

The M2 CS did well, but a strong auto market helped.

The M5 CS will be a hit, also helped by the current market.

I do think the CS line is a limited market for enthusiasts that don't care about a missing armrest, or full 5 passenger seating. Plus they are crazy expensive, although justified IMO.

I think the average Corporate guy with money is okay with the regular M cars.

Love this M5.
Agreed. I love this car, but already have a base M5 that's just so much more comfortable for daily driving. I'd love to have one if money were no object.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 12:51 AM   #32
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:

There is no problem with the pre LCI Competition suspension, I drive it only in sport plus and if anything it does not feel stiff enough
Thanks for agreeing with me.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 1
brava09767.00
      08-07-2021, 05:00 AM   #33
DAL33S
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F95 X5 M Competition

I've had my M5CS for few months now and it's now ran in.

Really enjoy the car but being Euro car the noise is killed 😞
Attached Images

08-07-2021, 09:04 AM   #34
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Interesting they use the least sporty heaviest panamera in this comparison - Turbo S E Hybrid

Great showing for M5 not surprised. Wish they would have compared to the 2021 Panamera Turbo S that's gas powered and set the ring record
      08-07-2021, 11:10 AM   #35
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Interesting they use the least sporty heaviest panamera in this comparison - Turbo S E Hybrid

Great showing for M5 not surprised. Wish they would have compared to the 2021 Panamera Turbo S that's gas powered and set the ring record
They used the Panamera with the most power. There is a comparison with the gas powered one which the M5 CS won fairly easily too. No surprises given the weight difference.

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 12:23 PM   #36
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
Quote:

They used the Panamera with the most power. There is a comparison with the gas powered one which the M5 CS won fairly easily too. No surprises given the weight difference.

Most power yes but an odd choice for that comparison. No surprise the BMW wins just would have liked to see the much better/more comparable gas powered Pano Turbo S in their comparison

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...turbo-s-drive/
      08-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #37
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
Quote:

Most power yes but an odd choice for that comparison. No surprise the BMW wins just would have liked to see the much better/more comparable gas powered Pano Turbo S in their comparison

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...turbo-s-drive/
Both cars are probably quite rare so hard to find them both for a review… maybe we'll see something from Carwow in the months ahead.
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00
      08-07-2021, 01:31 PM   #38
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Less weight and a little suspension and performance tuning, done right, can go a long way. The CS seems to be absolutely outstanding. Wish I had one but I am not yet at the point where I pay $140k for cars.
Indeed. At a certain point, you have to wonder who on earth these extravagantly staged comparisons are for. (Ultra privileged track fanatics, presumably and most obviously.) Which must go some way to explaining how little the fine gradations separating the CS vs standard M must surely matter to real-world drivers. Unless one is exerting these weapons to their redline limits around a circuit every weekend, there's no way you'd otherwise get close to detecting the palpable differences in performance that would distinguish such outlandishly priced, if beautifully engineered, models.

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 01:55 PM   #39
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
M5 CS looks like a total home run for BMW. Seems like it's a completely different car from the Competition.
How limited? Why so heavily promote a car that they don't intend to sell. Looks amazing here! Wow!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 06:43 PM   #40
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
How limited? Why so heavily promote a car that they don't intend to sell. Looks amazing here! Wow!
Definitely wish they had more for sale. The best version of the F90 M5 at the very end of the produce cycle, that too just a handful of units.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 07:38 PM   #41
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Definitely wish they had more for sale. The best version of the F90 M5 at the very end of the produce cycle, that too just a handful of units.
Seems like a bad decision to me. BMW has some amazing products right now. The M5CS is bonafide supercar territory in every way. It is also one of my favorite current exterior designs.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9702.50
      08-07-2021, 07:46 PM   #42
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryM5 View Post
Gosh, I wish I was 40 again. I'd buy the M5CS in a heartbeat. That said at 80 my M2C brings me joy everyday.

Brilliant M5CS🔥🔥🔥. Well done BMW M👍👍👍
So going off your timeline, you'll be ready to be "older and gentlemanly" and get the M5CS when you're 100?

I hope I'm as cool as you to be driving a M2CS at age 60, let alone at age 80!!!

Wishing for you to enjoy your car(s) in good health.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 08:34 PM   #43
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

thats the same question i'd like to know.. can't seem to find that answer.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 01:16 AM   #44
535i MSport
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63S T

Having sat in one, I have to say that the rear seats are a strange choice. As Matt said, they limit space albeit may look cool.

The bronze highlights look out of place and I suspect some owners will wrap or paint them.

I think the M3 - even with its grille - would do everything that the M5 CS could do.

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 0