BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition    What do you use for a pre workout?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-10-2020, 10:30 PM   #419
The Chaddening
Major General
The Chaddening's Avatar
11519
Rep
5,528
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Fermented urine and gamer girl bathwater
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 11:56 PM   #420
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11134
Rep
23,114
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Where you get the water at? Asking for a friend
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 12:02 AM   #421
The Chaddening
Major General
The Chaddening's Avatar
11519
Rep
5,528
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Where you get the water at? Asking for a friend
https://www.belledelphinestore.com/p...irl-bath-water

Unavailable now unfortunately, it's an out of this world pump and focus.
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 08:10 AM   #422
floridaorange
Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
2015
Rep
2,324
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)



__________________
Stage 2 BM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 10:01 PM   #423
The Chaddening
Major General
The Chaddening's Avatar
11519
Rep
5,528
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Seriously though, pre-jym from Jim Stoppani. Used it for years.

Been using hydro-whey from optimum nutrition as a post workout. Whey isolate and concentrate tear my stomach up but hydro-whey seems to be better. Not cheap though.
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 07:30 AM   #424
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
1106
Rep
928
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaddening View Post
Seriously though, pre-jym from Jim Stoppani. Used it for years.

Been using hydro-whey from optimum nutrition as a post workout. Whey isolate and concentrate tear my stomach up but hydro-whey seems to be better. Not cheap though.
What are you made of money!? lol

Not a fan of JYM products, over priced and over hyped. Thought this was funny when it first happened. https://www.leagle.com/decision/infdco20180131h91. A guy basically called Jim Stopanni out on his "clinically dosed" claims.
Appreciate 3
      12-15-2020, 10:11 AM   #425
The Chaddening
Major General
The Chaddening's Avatar
11519
Rep
5,528
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
What are you made of money!? lol

Not a fan of JYM products, over priced and over hyped. Thought this was funny when it first happened. https://www.leagle.com/decision/infdco20180131h91. A guy basically called Jim Stopanni out on his "clinically dosed" claims.
Lol what a petty lawsuit!

I haven't seen much out there that can touch his blend though:

Creatine Hydrochloride (HCl), 2 grams
Beta-Alanine, 2 grams
Betaine, 1.5 grams
Taurine, 1 gram
N-Acetyl L-Cysteine, 600mg
Alpha-GPC, 300mg
Citrulline Malate, 6 grams
Beet Root Extract (Beta vulgaris L.), 500mg
BCAAs, 6 grams (3g leucine, 1.5g isoleucine, 1.5g valine)
L-Tyrosine, 1.5 grams
Caffeine Anhydrous, 300mg
Huperzine A, 50mcg

I used some of the newer GNC pre workouts that were not bad. If you have any recommendations for newer pre-workouts, I am all ears (as long as it's not any of that "micro dosed" garbage).
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #426
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
1106
Rep
928
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaddening View Post
Lol what a petty lawsuit!

I haven't seen much out there that can touch his blend though:

Creatine Hydrochloride (HCl), 2 grams
Beta-Alanine, 2 grams
Betaine, 1.5 grams
Taurine, 1 gram
N-Acetyl L-Cysteine, 600mg
Alpha-GPC, 300mg
Citrulline Malate, 6 grams
Beet Root Extract (Beta vulgaris L.), 500mg
BCAAs, 6 grams (3g leucine, 1.5g isoleucine, 1.5g valine)
L-Tyrosine, 1.5 grams
Caffeine Anhydrous, 300mg
Huperzine A, 50mcg

I used some of the newer GNC pre workouts that were not bad. If you have any recommendations for newer pre-workouts, I am all ears (as long as it's not any of that "micro dosed" garbage).
Haha, yeah that lawsuit was hilarious. It is a damn good blend, best I've seen honestly. I just can't justify the price tag on it. I use to just buy the raw ingratiates and make my own - 100mg of caffeine, 6-8g of malate, and 2-4gs of beta-alanine (plus creatine if I was on it or not). This was my go-to because every brand throws in 200-400mgs of caffeine and I don't need/want all that. This was a really inexpensive way if you don't mind mixing the ingredients. Then you can customize it with the other ingredients as you would like to. Gives you the opportunity to fine tune the blend to how you want it. Also allows you to see/feel how different ingredients affect you both physically and mentally.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 12:19 PM   #427
The Chaddening
Major General
The Chaddening's Avatar
11519
Rep
5,528
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Haha, yeah that lawsuit was hilarious. It is a damn good blend, best I've seen honestly. I just can't justify the price tag on it. I use to just buy the raw ingratiates and make my own - 100mg of caffeine, 6-8g of malate, and 2-4gs of beta-alanine (plus creatine if I was on it or not). This was my go-to because every brand throws in 200-400mgs of caffeine and I don't need/want all that. This was a really inexpensive way if you don't mind mixing the ingredients. Then you can customize it with the other ingredients as you would like to. Gives you the opportunity to fine tune the blend to how you want it. Also allows you to see/feel how different ingredients affect you both physically and mentally.
Yup, it isn't cheap for sure. I did the same thing and made my own for a while. My wife wasn't a fan of having a pantry that looked like a meth lab and I got tired of constantly mixing 15 ingredients so I just started buying it pre-made again (plus a couple fun memories of when I accidentally doubled the beta alanine ).

100% with you on the caffeine. 200mg is ideal for me. I have tried a couple pre-workouts with 400mg of caffeine and it was just absurd. I saw Layne Norton was making pre-workouts for a bit and he offered a caffeine free option which is a great idea.
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 12:36 PM   #428
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
1106
Rep
928
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaddening View Post
Yup, it isn't cheap for sure. I did the same thing and made my own for a while. My wife wasn't a fan of having a pantry that looked like a meth lab and I got tired of constantly mixing 15 ingredients so I just started buying it pre-made again (plus a couple fun memories of when I accidentally doubled the beta alanine ).

100% with you on the caffeine. 200mg is ideal for me. I have tried a couple pre-workouts with 400mg of caffeine and it was just absurd. I saw Layne Norton was making pre-workouts for a bit and he offered a caffeine free option which is a great idea.
Lmao, I feel ya on the meth lab. Fiance got annoyed with that as well.

Yeah I wish companies would just stop jacking up the caffeine so much, never really understood the hype behind it. If you keep your intake is low then low doses have suitable affects. Obviously if you're like King Rudi and consume 700mgs+ a day then a low dosage will have minimal affects lol.

I havent browsed pre-workout in a long while, just came across this which is a nice mix minus the "high" caffiene https://outworknutrition.com/products/pre-workout. But again at $2/serving it isn't for me haha.
Appreciate 2
      12-15-2020, 02:11 PM   #429
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
9156
Rep
1,704
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Lmao, I feel ya on the meth lab. Fiance got annoyed with that as well.

Yeah I wish companies would just stop jacking up the caffeine so much, never really understood the hype behind it. If you keep your intake is low then low doses have suitable affects. Obviously if you're like King Rudi and consume 700mgs+ a day then a low dosage will have minimal affects lol.

I havent browsed pre-workout in a long while, just came across this which is a nice mix minus the "high" caffiene https://outworknutrition.com/products/pre-workout. But again at $2/serving it isn't for me haha.
I'm literally drinking a Reign Orange Dreamsicle at this very moment. I've actually started mixing my pre-workout in half scoops. I don't need to be full blown Mr. Hyde when I get to the gym anymore. Trying to calm my ass down a bit these days. Come early spring, when I go back on a cut, that'll most likely change for a month or two. The game plan now is to get as fat as possible (not really - just trying to pack on mass) until the end of February.

Currently my fav is LIT AF Sour Apple Jolly Rancher
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
We're Americans. Leave your logic and science witchcraft out of this! Jesus and guns are all we need.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 09:03 AM   #430
maxx88
New Member
maxx88's Avatar
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: E91
Join Date: May 2019
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

I prefer simply to walk all around my area, for 5-10 minutes, maybe few push-ups, good warm-up by using chirp wheel, and then start making my main workout process with dumbbells. If it's still relevant to you, to make a relief from painful feelings in the spine, I can recommend to you Chirp wheel, because it's the best thing that helped me. And it's pretty easy to use in your home environment. I can recommend to read more info ( here: https://www.escapemonthly.com/chirp-wheel-review/ ) about it, to understand rather you need it, or not. I do love their workout stuff.

Last edited by maxx88; 01-03-2021 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 07:03 PM   #431
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
PoorLurker's Avatar
No_Country
1120
Rep
671
Posts

Drives: a bicycle
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Here are some good pre-workouts that have some options

https://www.transparentlabs.com/collections/preseries
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2020, 02:46 AM   #432
wknd_F82
IG @wknd_f82
United_States
38
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 18 MG CP M4
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Been using JYM (black cherry) for years until just recently I wasn’t able to obtain it anymore at my local GNC due to the damn recall. Currently I’m on Ghost pre
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2020, 02:34 PM   #433
GladiatorOwner
Lieutenant
86
Rep
562
Posts

Drives: 20 M8C Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Here are some good pre-workouts that have some options

https://www.transparentlabs.com/collections/preseries
This is the best out right now. No BS. No jitters etc, just good energy and a serious pump. Jym is 2nd or 3rd. Loved bullnox until it was changed a yr or so ago.
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1119.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST