BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Thoughts on this build and price

04-08-2022, 10:19 PM   #1
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M50i

Garage List
Thoughts on this build and price

Looking to get into an M5. Can I get some opinions on the build in the link below? What do you think about the price? How about the Carfax? Seems like it was sold at an auction. Should I be weary?

https://www.hgreg.com/used-car/bmw-m...for-sale-79412
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 08:28 AM   #2
aj_g80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 720s

Being sold at auction means nothing. Just check carfax and make sure its not tuned somehow. Thats all.
Appreciate 1
Jszlaga461.00
      04-09-2022, 08:49 AM   #3
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jszlaga View Post
Looking to get into an M5. Can I get some opinions on the build in the link below? What do you think about the price? How about the Carfax? Seems like it was sold at an auction. Should I be weary?

Your stored PMs are full. If you delete some, I'll shoot you a reply back to your message
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 09:26 AM   #4
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
Quote:

Your stored PMs are full. If you delete some, I'll shoot you a reply back to your message
Sorry about that. Cleared up.
Appreciate 1
jc05e46m3847.50
      04-09-2022, 10:44 AM   #5
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

The mileage is a little bit on the higher side for M5s but within normal range for a daily driver. Car is prob around 126k MSRP or so with the frozen paint, piano black trim, full merino, comp package, exec pack, driving assist, etc. The cars options are great. It had pretty much everything but CCBs. If there's nothing wrong with it seems decently priced.
Appreciate 1
Jszlaga461.00
      04-09-2022, 10:46 AM   #6
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
The mileage is a little bit on the higher side for M5s but within normal range for a daily driver. Car is prob around 126k MSRP or so with the frozen paint, piano black trim, full merino, comp package, exec pack, driving assist, etc. The cars options are great. It had pretty much everything but CCBs. If there's nothing wrong with it seems decently priced.
Appreciate the input. I thought the same thing. I actually don't want CCBs as I hear they are fragile and I hate to think about replacement cost once they wear down. Not to mention this would be a DD for me and will never see a track.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 12:39 PM   #7
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Appreciate the input. I thought the same thing. I actually don't want CCBs as I hear they are fragile and I hate to think about replacement cost once they wear down. Not to mention this would be a DD for me and will never see a track.
This myth really needs to die... CCBs are not fragile. If you're not tracking the car all the time they will virtually never need replacement, so you wouldn't have to worry about replacement costs. The fact that they don't release brake dust like steels do make them a wonderful option for daily driving use.
Ominous136.50
      04-09-2022, 12:40 PM   #8
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
Quote:
This myth really needs to die... CCBs are not fragile. If you're not tracking the car all the time they will virtually never need replacement, so you wouldn't have to worry about replacement costs. The fact that they don't release brake dust like steels do make them a wonderful option for daily driving use.
Appreciate the insight on that. That being the case, I guess I'd take them if they were available but I don't need them.

Any input on this car or deal? Appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 08:53 PM   #9
Moserkm
Moserkm
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X7, '22 M5C, '21 Ram

Quote:
True, they’ll never need to be replaced, but how many replacement can you make with the cost of the CCBs? I’d love to have them but not willing to spend the money.
Appreciate 1
Jszlaga461.00
      04-11-2022, 09:59 AM   #10
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Appreciate the insight on that. That being the case, I guess I'd take them if they were available but I don't need them.

I think it's a decent deal. Hopefully the car has been wrapped with PPF given that it's a frozen paint. Speaking of frozen paint, it lists it as Frozen Bluestone Metallic, however it looks more like Frozen Silver on my end. May want to check on that. Spec is nice, not a bad example to me
      04-11-2022, 10:15 AM   #11
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I think it's a decent deal. Hopefully the car has been wrapped with PPF given that it's a frozen paint. Speaking of frozen paint, it lists it as Frozen Bluestone Metallic, however it looks more like Frozen Silver on my end. May want to check on that. Spec is nice, not a bad example to me
Thank you for the input. My guess is it's not wrapped yet in PPF and it is something I would do. Hopefully the paint isn't too beat up already though as the car has 17k miles.

Funny that you mention the the paint color. It looks more silver to me as well, which I'm not a huge silver fan necessarily. The Monroney Label shows that the color is Frozen Bluestone though. Maybe it's just the lighting in the pictures making it look more like a frozen silver. I've seen some folks in here with the Frozen Bluestone and I do like that color.

Thanks again for the comments!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 10:32 AM   #12
DryBark
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5 / X5

Garage List
2023 BMW X5  [0.00]
2018 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you for the input. My guess is it's not wrapped yet in PPF and it is something I would do. Hopefully the paint isn't too beat up already though as the car has 17k miles.

Funny that you mention the the paint color. It looks more silver to me as well, which I'm not a huge silver fan necessarily. The Monroney Label shows that the color is Frozen Bluestone though. Maybe it's just the lighting in the pictures making it look more like a frozen silver. I've seen some folks in here with the Frozen Bluestone and I do like that color.

Thanks again for the comments!
Those showroom lights can really change the color in photos. I think it will be a beauty in real life either way.
Appreciate 1
Jszlaga461.00