BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    M5 Production Status Regresses

05-10-2022, 08:52 PM   #67
Moserkm
Moserkm
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X7, '22 M5C, '21 Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknloada94 View Post
Hey guys - wondering if anyone can help me out here. My 2021 M5C was just totalled in NYC.... a dude ran a light and there went the car - thankfully everyone was totally fine, but the car is totalled so I need to get into a new M5C which is MISERABLE right now given the new lease rates & supply chain issues.

I just put an order in on an allocation that has a build week of the 26th (6/19-6/25), and my dealer who I've gotten 3 other cars from including the dead m5 said he fully expects the new car to be here by August 1st AND that he expects the car to have all the options we specc'd which was all driver aids etc except B&W. Based on what I've read here and on some other threads, I'm wondering if he's being really overly optimistic, of if there's a chance the time may come by this time.

He said we should get a VIN number by next week. What do you guys think? Think it will come in time and if not when do you think it will come? Im struggling because my insurance Chubb only covers a rental up to 1.5k total and I need a car for my job so I'm pretty screwed here and am praying to sweet baby jesus this car somehow will come on time.

Thanks guys!
I have a production complete date of 23 May. That means it should be starting production any second now. I still don’t have a VIN and using the timelines given on the sticky thread about delivery times, I’m expecting delivery the last week of July. If yours is scheduled for mid June, I think you’ll be closer to end of August delivery. If you are east coast, maybe mid-august. Additionally, I read somewhere that they shut down production of a particular model year in June of that year. If that is true this year, not sure if it even will get built. But since you have a build week, I’d say you’re good to go. I won’t lie. Because of what I’ve mentioned about the shut down timeframe, I’m scared that if mine doesn’t start production by June, I may get pushed to a 2023 model year. No basis for my feeling but seems rational given the supply chain issues, they shut down production early. Hope it works out for both of us as that will add 2 months to our wait time.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 11:54 PM   #68
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by locknloada94 View Post
Hey guys - wondering if anyone can help me out here. My 2021 M5C was just totalled in NYC.... a dude ran a light and there went the car - thankfully everyone was totally fine, but the car is totalled so I need to get into a new M5C which is MISERABLE right now given the new lease rates & supply chain issues.

I just put an order in on an allocation that has a build week of the 26th (6/19-6/25), and my dealer who I've gotten 3 other cars from including the dead m5 said he fully expects the new car to be here by August 1st AND that he expects the car to have all the options we specc'd which was all driver aids etc except B&W. Based on what I've read here and on some other threads, I'm wondering if he's being really overly optimistic, of if there's a chance the time may come by this time.

He said we should get a VIN number by next week. What do you guys think? Think it will come in time and if not when do you think it will come? Im struggling because my insurance Chubb only covers a rental up to 1.5k total and I need a car for my job so I'm pretty screwed here and am praying to sweet baby jesus this car somehow will come on time.

Thanks guys!
Okay, this is my thread and I have regressed a few times status wise, so I'll bite.

aj_g80 is right about the sitting at port. Theoretically you should be sitting there for a few days, maybe a week (in normal times). However there are members here who have been at port as long as 3 or 4 months.

josec70 is a perfect example of a protracted timeline generally (and a very patient man).

And Moserkm is right on all of his points regarding timeline, but you never know what could happen. We're given very little insight as to how and when these cars progress. I was build week 21 and I got just pushed to Week 26, same as you, in the last few days (because I changed the freakin' emblems! What a stupid mistake.) When I was build week 21, CA said to expect the car mid July, now they're thinking beginning of September unless I get pushed back to week 21 or close to it. I have also been told I'll get everything I specced except for BW (don't even get me started).

A good dealer will do everything they can to make the process go quicker on the very few portions they can, but we're taking about gaining a day here or there because they are on top of the shipping company, for example. This is because there is little to none of this process the dealer has any control over. They can promise you a million times you'll get it quickly, but they're not very involved in the process for the most part. If BMW decides that it's going to sit at port for 3 months, nothing that your dealer can do will change that.

On a flawless, every single step moves as fast as possible hypothetical, no wrong/long moves, the stated timeline by your dealer is aggressive, but may have been possible (in 2018 perhaps LOL). I kid, but I highly doubt you're getting the perfect storm of everything going right to meet that timeline currently. With all this being said, I hope I am 100% wrong and you get your car ASAP. But going through the ordering process with many other members here, we can tell you that is extremely unlikely now. I'm assuming that you placed your order very recently, and you got an allocation with a build week for 6 weeks later. At lease you already way ahead then a lot people here were when they started.

Good luck, I hope it moves quickly for you!
      05-11-2022, 05:04 PM   #69
aj_g80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 720s

i wouldn't steer anyone wrong... been there, been thru that...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 09:21 AM   #70
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 Nissan Maxima 40th Anniv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
It seems like there is no rhyme or reason unfortunately. There are members here who had this happen fo them 6 or 7 times before their production actually began. This is the second time this has happened to me. The last time it was only for half a week or so though. Hopefully it will go forward again relatively quickly.

I'll be calling Genius as well and will report back.

I hope yours stays on track!
Where is yours at today? Mine has been moving pretty good the last couple of days. Today I checked and it's in the Paint Booth. Hoping to hear you have made more progress since the last time you posted.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2022, 10:13 AM   #71
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweston View Post
Quote:
It seems like there is no rhyme or reason unfortunately. There are members here who had this happen fo them 6 or 7 times before their production actually began. This is the second time this has happened to me. The last time it was only for half a week or so though. Hopefully it will go forward again relatively quickly.

Where is yours at today? Mine has been moving pretty good the last couple of days. Today I checked and it's in the Paint Booth. Hoping to hear you have made more progress since the last time you posted.
Congratulations! That is such good news! I am so happy to hear that. Unfortunately, I am showing order received. I got pushed back to Week 26 because I switched from anniversary emblems to standard emblems what a stupid mistake! I did not think that it would cause a 5 week delay.
      05-12-2022, 10:36 AM   #72
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Congratulations! That is such good news! I am so happy to hear that. Unfortunately, I am showing order received. I got pushed back to Week 26 because I switched from anniversary emblems to standard emblems what a stupid mistake! I did not think that it would cause a 5 week delay.
I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm glad you're getting exactly what you want in the vehicle. I was excited about mine moving along fast but then I found another post in here saying port time is delaying folks as well so now I'm like dang it's built quickly to wait at port
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2022, 12:11 PM   #73
MilwaukeeM5
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M, 2022 M5

Quote:
That’s interesting to see. I went production begins on 5/3 (looks like 2 business days after you) and haven’t moved since. ZB2603 have you moved at all? I know we’re basically tied together due to paint colors.

ResIpsa, did they at least tell you before the change of emblems that it’d move you back? I feel like that would’ve been good customer service to confirm the week change one last time before they moved the emblem change forward. I guess if you did that for everyone though it could get time consuming.
Appreciate 2
      05-12-2022, 01:19 PM   #74
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilwaukeeM5 View Post
That’s interesting to see. I went production begins on 5/3 (looks like 2 business days after you) and haven’t moved since. ZB2603 have you moved at all? I know we’re basically tied together due to paint colors.

ResIpsa, did they at least tell you before the change of emblems that it’d move you back? I feel like that would’ve been good customer service to confirm the week change one last time before they moved the emblem change forward. I guess if you did that for everyone though it could get time consuming.
It's crazy how these things vary so much from person to person. I took everyone else's advice and called the genius line as well for a more accurate status for my car. Maybe try that as well? Hoping you get some answers soon and things move quickly for you!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 03:40 PM   #75
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

@MilwaukeeM5 I switched to Production Begins the day after yours went in so it was May 4th. It didn't move at all so I was actually thinking of messaging you to see if you had any updates. But I gave the Genius Line a call on Tuesday and they told me that the production completion still shows 5/18 and is on track.

I just checked before writing this post again and it still says Production Begins so I don't know what to make out of that..
Appreciate 2
      05-12-2022, 03:41 PM   #76
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that. That's ridiculous. I thought 11 weeks for an individual color was absurd but this is tops that. I hope nothing else causes any other delays..🙌🏻
Appreciate 2
      05-12-2022, 03:47 PM   #77
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm glad you're getting exactly what you want in the vehicle. I was excited about mine moving along fast but then I found another post in here saying port time is delaying folks as well so now I'm like dang it's built quickly to wait at port
Thank you so much. To add insult to injury I was speculative about the 50th emblems to begin with, but went with them because it was a cool differentiation — I hate going with aftermarket badges. Then I felt after a while that they kind of looked a chintzy "upgrade," and they looked exactly like an aftermarket badge.

I was scared there could be a slight delay, but I requested the change nonetheless. I was initially going to allow the anniversary emblems to remain, then have the dealer swap them to standard emblems when they did PDI in fear of a delay. Then I thought the OE fit of the emblems were better than playing with it after the fact, made the change. Extremely foolish move that I instantly regretted.

Hopefully you won't be at port too long, but at least your car is (almost?) built! I hope things continue to move forward for you. Keep us posted!
      05-12-2022, 04:05 PM   #78
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

They did NOT inform me. I would have never messed with it. As I've said a few times already — very stupid decision. Especially knowing how delayed things are as is. I was under the impression that up until status code 112, you could make changes up until hitting 150. I was about 12 days out from the start of my build week. I thought it was so minor that it wasn't likely to cause a delay. I'd previously watched a video of the (Regensburg?) production line and had seen the badges were one of the last steps before QC. I figured between that, and the nearly 2 weeks before the Monday of production week, I'd be fine.

Lesson learned. Or, I should say affirmed. Don't make last minute changes, however minor, leading up to production, and perhaps in this environment, not at all after you hit Order Received at BMW AG.
      05-12-2022, 04:09 PM   #79
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zb2603 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that. That's ridiculous. I thought 11 weeks for an individual color was absurd but this is tops that. I hope nothing else causes any other delays..🙌🏻
Thank you for the kind words! If it's 5 weeks for emblems, 11 weeks for paint isn't so bad. Just kidding. Of course 11 weeks in painful. But as dweston mentioned, you are getting EXACTLY what you want!

Are you in production yet?!

EDIT - sorry, just saw your post above! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
      05-12-2022, 11:18 PM   #80
Moserkm
Moserkm
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X7, '22 M5C, '21 Ram

Just hit 150! Hard to get excited for the little moves though when you are still anticipating 10 more weeks until delivery. What makes it worse is that I already sold my SRT. My Ram 3500 dually just doesn’t scratch the performance itch.
Appreciate 3
zb26031055.50
dweston40.50
      05-12-2022, 11:52 PM   #81
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moserkm View Post
Just hit 150! Hard to get excited for the little moves though when you are still anticipating 10 more weeks until delivery. What makes it worse is that I already sold my SRT. My Ram 3500 dually just doesn't scratch the performance itch.
Congratulations! At least you know the production phase won't be delayed. I know that's not much, but in this climate, you're way ahead of the pack!
Moserkm163.00
      05-13-2022, 12:40 AM   #82
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: m5 f90

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow glad That I didn't switch for the 50th emblem anniversary!
Mine was due to start production on week 11 … a little bit of delay but now she's on the boat !
Order the car back in november with individual paint
      05-13-2022, 12:42 AM   #83
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual.V8 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mine was due to start production on week 11 … a little bit of delay but now she's on the boat !
Congratulations! So happy for you!
      05-13-2022, 12:53 AM   #84
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: m5 f90

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual.V8 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Congratulations! So happy for you!
Thank you ! Hope you get yours soon and enjoy it for the summer
      05-13-2022, 09:03 AM   #85
MilwaukeeM5
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M, 2022 M5

Quote:
They did NOT inform me. I would have never messed with it. As I've said a few times already — very stupid decision. Especially knowing how delayed things are as is. I was under the impression that up until status code 112, you could make changes up until hitting 150. I was about 12 days out from the start of my build week. I thought it was so minor that it wasn't likely to cause a delay. I'd previously watched a video of the (Regensburg?) production line and had seen the badges were one of the last steps before QC. I figured between that, and the nearly 2 weeks before the Monday of production week, I'd be fine.

Lesson learned. Or, I should say affirmed. Don't make last minute changes, however minor, leading up to production, and perhaps in this environment, not at all after you hit Order Received at BMW AG.
That’s crazy that it would even change the date of production. Sorry to hear that this happened to you but hopefully you find the wait to be worth it whenever you finally get your car!

zb2603 I’m in exterior body assembly begins this morning. So things are moving. Let’s hope completion is May 18th and we can get on a boat shortly after…
Appreciate 2
zb26031055.50
      05-13-2022, 09:22 AM   #86
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

That's crazy that it would even change the date of production. Sorry to hear that this happened to you but hopefully you find the wait to be worth it whenever you finally get your car!

zb2603 I'm in exterior body assembly begins this morning. So things are moving. Let's hope completion is May 18th and we can get on a boat shortly after…
Thank you! I still can't believe it myself. Incredibly stupid thing to do. The wait is super frustrating but I'm lucky that at least my current DD is a pre-LCI F90. Don't get me wrong though — I'm still dying for the new one. These are absolutely fantastic automobiles, especially for DD purposes.

Happy to hear about your status update!
      05-13-2022, 02:13 PM   #87
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Mine is awaiting carrier assignment...it moved soooo fast! I know the shipping part is the hard part, but dang BMW really put this machine together fast!
Appreciate 2
zb26031055.50
      05-13-2022, 07:03 PM   #88
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Mine is awaiting carrier assignment...it moved soooo fast! I know the shipping part is the hard part, but dang BMW really put this machine together fast!
WOOHOO!!!

Congratulations! Keep us posted!