BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Incoming M5 CS available

04-20-2022, 01:16 PM   #23
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

You guys have WAYYY too much angst built up about this car. Don't get me wrong. I LOOOOVE mine, and it has been AWESOMELY better than my 2018 M5 on track. BMW could have done A LOT BETTER, and also conversely A LOT worse. The dealers and owners speculating for $45,000 more than sticker are just being greedy. The only thing that make them different from the guys selling hand gel for a $40 markup during the pandemic is that no one NEEDS a $145,000 car. Don't let this shit get under your skin. It's just a car.

Shawn
Appreciate 1
Andrae26852.00
      04-21-2022, 01:03 PM   #24
Boosted_8
Captain
Rep
Drives: M550i

This is quite funny to watch. Its the same way some of these inferior lower cost M5 owners talk about the other models in the range. I guess it makes sense if you attach your self worth to material possessions.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 12:32 AM   #25
vanos84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5_mbb7 View Post
You couldn’t be farther from the truth. You wouldn’t even be on this thread if a part of you didn’t want a CS. Have fun with your regular car. Maybe you can drive a CS in your dreams
An M5 comp is a "regular" car??? Now that's funny
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      04-22-2022, 10:10 AM   #26
aj_g80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 720s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_8 View Post
This is quite funny to watch. Its the same way some of these inferior lower cost M5 owners talk about the other models in the range. I guess it makes sense if you attach your self worth to material possessions.

inferior lower cost m5?

jesus. stop talking.

This board is special...
Appreciate 2
zb26031055.50
vanos8466.00
      04-22-2022, 10:54 PM   #27
bam808
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
No it won't beat the project 8. That will be the record for ICE sedans.
Swap a set of Cup 2 Rs like the Project 8 ran on the CS and a factory driver and CS will beat it
Appreciate 2
Punitive148.00
Neptune71432.50
      04-23-2022, 05:38 AM   #28
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam808 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
No it won't beat the project 8. That will be the record for ICE sedans.
Swap a set of Cup 2 Rs like the Project 8 ran on the CS and a factory driver and CS will beat it
I agree but we will likely never know as BMW doesn't seem to care about bragging rights for the M5 CS.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 06:49 PM   #29
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_g80 View Post
Quote:

inferior lower cost m5?

jesus. stop talking.

This board is special...
Idk why everything turns into a pissing contest nowadays.. I am fine the "with lower cost", "inferior" m5c lmao. Someone will probably fire back with the "yOu sAy tHaT bEcAuSe yOu CaN't AfFoRd oNe" line which makes me feel sad for them. Love the CS, happy for people who have them, love the Comp, happy for people who have them too. People need to relax..
Appreciate 3
      04-23-2022, 07:05 PM   #30
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zb2603 View Post
Idk why everything turns into a pissing contest nowadays.. I am fine the "with lower cost", "inferior" m5c lmao. Someone will probably fire back with the "yOu sAy tHaT bEcAuSe yOu CaN't AfFoRd oNe" line which makes me feel sad for them. Love the CS, happy for people who have them, love the Comp, happy for people who have them too. People need to relax..
I can defeat that comment lol my m5c was more than a cs would've been, I just want the creature comforts like cooled massaging seats and the drivers assistance stuff.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 11:42 PM   #31
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

inferior lower cost m5?

jesus. stop talking.

This board is special...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

inferior lower cost m5?

jesus. stop talking.

This board is special...
"You say that because you can't afford it" is ridiculous. Actually in agreement with micvite on this. Building off his point, I don't want/have a CS because I don't have just a single nice car; for purposes of this discussion, a hypothetical CS. I have multiple other (more) expensive toys, too. And you know the funny thing about all of them? They are all terrible daily drivers (for me). I have people/things/animals I need to put in the back without scratching up my (albeit gorgeous) carbon fiber seats and drooling and throwing up all over those (again, gorgeous) seats. And I don't want to feel like an old man getting out of it. I've already got cars that make me feel like that lol. I want an "inferior" M5C because it's the perfect daily driver (again, for me).

Don't get me wrong, I never hated the CS. I checked out a few and really contemplated getting one (admittedly only after getting passed the limitied color schemes, but that's another post for another day). It would certainly have been a lot cheaper than my specific purpose track cars. But having that "UlTiMaTE" M5 doesn't work for my DD needs given my other vehicular choices, each of which I love very much but could never do/see the work of an M5/M5C.

For the record — the CS is a phenomenal vehicle that I've never ragged on, and I am over the moon happy that each every one of you that got one have it. If I was "20 cars rich" I'd likely have an additional CS, too, as a member of a large fleet, but never in place of an "inferior" M5C. And I'm also not saying that a lot of CS (or any M car owners) are one car owners. I have no empirical data of this, and there are forum members who prove me wrong, but, anecdotally at least, most CS owners I know are one car owners that want to own a "pinnacle" car. If there is ever an M5 CSL, they'd all go get that because that would be the new pinnacle car of the line up, and they only going to have one car.
      04-23-2022, 11:54 PM   #32
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
"You say that because you can't afford it" is ridiculous. Actually in agreement with micvite on this. Building off his point, I don't want/have a CS because I don't have just a single nice car. I have other (more) expensive toys, too. And you know the funny thing about all of them? They are all terrible daily drivers (for me). I have people/things/animals I need to put in the back without scratching up my (albeit gorgeous) carbon fiber seats and drooling and throwing up all over those (again, gorgeous) seats. I want an "inferior" M5C because it's the perfect daily driver (again, for me).

Don't get me wrong, I never hated the CS. I checked out a few. But having that "UlTiMaTE" M5 doesn't work for my DD needs given my other vehicular choices, each of which I love very much but could never do the work/see the work of an M5/M5C.

For the record — the CS is a phenomenal vehicle that I've never ragged on, and I am over the moon happy that each every one of you that got one have it. If I was "10 cars rich" I'd have a CS, too, as a member of a large fleet, but never in place of an "inferior" M5C.
Idgaf about the back seats lol, I'm just fat so I don't fit in an m3/4 heck even the m8 feels tight to me hence the 5, nice and easy to get my fat ass out of it lol. But I agree the m5 is my "road trip daily" aka anything where I need to drive more than 100 miles round trip, tesla model s performance for commuting and around town stuff cuz why not, basically a free car if I consider how much I spend in gas otherwise (even on a normal car I typically spend 3-500 a week on gas so the tesla pays for itself) and looking into getting a nice aston as a weekend fun car cuz it's more unique than a porche lol
Appreciate 2
zb26031055.50
      04-24-2022, 12:01 AM   #33
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Quote:
"You say that because you can't afford it" is ridiculous. Actually in agreement with micvite on this. Building off his point, I don't want/have a CS because I don't have just a single nice car. I have other (more) expensive toys, too. And you know the funny thing about all of them? They are all terrible daily drivers (for me). I have people/things/animals I need to put in the back without scratching up my (albeit gorgeous) carbon fiber seats and drooling and throwing up all over those (again, gorgeous) seats. I want an "inferior" M5C because it's the perfect daily driver (again, for me).

Don't get me wrong, I never hated the CS. I checked out a few. But having that "UlTiMaTE" M5 doesn't work for my DD needs given my other vehicular choices, each of which I love very much but could never do the work/see the work of an M5/M5C.

For the record — the CS is a phenomenal vehicle that I've never ragged on, and I am over the moon happy that each every one of you that got one have it. If I was "10 cars rich" I'd have a CS, too, as a member of a large fleet, but never in place of an "inferior" M5C.
Idgaf about the back seats lol, I'm just fat so I don't fit in an m3/4 heck even the m8 feels tight to me hence the 5, nice and easy to get my fat ass out of it lol. But I agree the m5 is my "road trip daily" aka anything where I need to drive more than 100 miles round trip, tesla model s performance for commuting and around town stuff cuz why not, basically a free car if I consider how much I spend in gas otherwise (even on a normal car I typically spend 3-500 a week on gas so the tesla pays for itself) and looking into getting a nice aston as a weekend fun car cuz it's more unique than a porche lol
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

inferior lower cost m5?

jesus. stop talking.

This board is special...
Quote:
Quote:

Fair enough, (and by the way I don't fit in M3/M4 either) but your point still stands and is the reason most people who are in M5/M5Cs are in those cars and not a CS. The back seat was just a practical example for me, but in reality it's those front seats that killed me (or rather, my back). And the driver's assistance features as you mentioned, among others.

P.S. That sound like a logical multi-car garage.
      04-27-2022, 02:33 AM   #34
m5_mbb7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5CS, M5C, M2C

Quote:
"You say that because you can't afford it" is ridiculous. Actually in agreement with micvite on this. Building off his point, I don't want/have a CS because I don't have just a single nice car; for purposes of this discussion, a hypothetical CS. I have multiple other (more) expensive toys, too. And you know the funny thing about all of them? They are all terrible daily drivers (for me). I have people/things/animals I need to put in the back without scratching up my (albeit gorgeous) carbon fiber seats and drooling and throwing up all over those (again, gorgeous) seats. And I don't want to feel like an old man getting out of it. I've already got cars that make me feel like that lol. I want an "inferior" M5C because it's the perfect daily driver (again, for me).

Don't get me wrong, I never hated the CS. I checked out a few and really contemplated getting one (admittedly only after getting passed the limitied color schemes, but that's another post for another day). It would certainly have been a lot cheaper than my specific purpose track cars. But having that "UlTiMaTE" M5 doesn't work for my DD needs given my other vehicular choices, each of which I love very much but could never do/see the work of an M5/M5C.

For the record — the CS is a phenomenal vehicle that I've never ragged on, and I am over the moon happy that each every one of you that got one have it. If I was "20 cars rich" I'd likely have an additional CS, too, as a member of a large fleet, but never in place of an "inferior" M5C. And I'm also not saying that a lot of CS (or any M car owners) are one car owners. I have no empirical data of this, and there are forum members who prove me wrong, but, anecdotally at least, most CS owners I know are one car owners that want to own a "pinnacle" car. If there is ever an M5 CSL, they'd all go get that because that would be the new pinnacle car of the line up, and they only going to have one car.
Idk, I daily my CS because it’s an ultimate daily if the seats aren’t an issue for you (and I’m young so they aren’t any problem). But I can see how as a daily it would fall short completely if the seats are a problem because they are some of the most important things in a car. Recently I’ve been switching it up and driving one of my other M cars because I miss the smaller coupe-y feel.

I’m very impressed with how prices have held up on these CSes too. And although I’m never going to tune mine, I really hope someone goes with a stage 2 custom tune w/ downpipes intake and turbo inlets and maxes out stock turbos because I genuinely think this will beat any other 4 door that exists on stock motor and turbos in a straight line and on the track. Even upgraded turbo rs3s, e63s and gt63s despite AMG motors being a little more robust and being able to handle 100whp more than the S63TU safely.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 07:37 AM   #35
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Idk, I daily my CS because it’s an ultimate daily if the seats aren’t an issue for you (and I’m young so they aren’t any problem). But I can see how as a daily it would fall short completely if the seats are a problem because they are some of the most important things in a car. Recently I’ve been switching it up and driving one of my other M cars because I miss the smaller coupe-y feel.

I’m very impressed with how prices have held up on these CSes too. And although I’m never going to tune mine, I really hope someone goes with a stage 2 custom tune w/ downpipes intake and turbo inlets and maxes out stock turbos because I genuinely think this will beat any other 4 door that exists on stock motor and turbos in a straight line and on the track. Even upgraded turbo rs3s, e63s and gt63s despite AMG motors being a little more robust and being able to handle 100whp more than the S63TU safely.
I mean I'm young (24), just don't fit in the seats (comofrtably) and not sure how good they'd feel over a 700-800 mile nonstop drive lol. Also not having the extra driving assistance features and the premium audio were a deal breaker for me as well. Nothing wrong with dailying the car just didn't think it'd be the right daily for my personal needs (aka long road trips)
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      04-27-2022, 11:39 AM   #36
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Idk, I daily my CS because it's an ultimate daily if the seats aren't an issue for you (and I'm young so they aren't any problem). But I can see how as a daily it would fall short completely if the seats are a problem because they are some of the most important things in a car. Recently I've been switching it up and driving one of my other M cars because I miss the smaller coupe-y feel.

I'm very impressed with how prices have held up on these CSes too. And although I'm never going to tune mine, I really hope someone goes with a stage 2 custom tune w/ downpipes intake and turbo inlets and maxes out stock turbos because I genuinely think this will beat any other 4 door that exists on stock motor and turbos in a straight line and on the track. Even upgraded turbo rs3s, e63s and gt63s despite AMG motors being a little more robust and being able to handle 100whp more than the S63TU safely.
So happy for you that you can DD the CS. If I could, I certainly would. I am young, but those seats make me feel like I'm not (I've had issues with my back). The M5 is my only BMW, and one of the things I like about it most is the size. When I am feeling something more coupe-y, I've got to switch to a different vehicle, which makes the M5 even more of a perfect DD.

Though I don't own one, I'd love to the CS pushed to the max in the way you describe.
      04-27-2022, 11:41 AM   #37
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I mean I'm young (24), just don't fit in the seats (comofrtably) and not sure how good they'd feel over a 700-800 mile nonstop drive lol. Also not having the extra driving assistance features and the premium audio were a deal breaker for me as well. Nothing wrong with dailying the car just didn't think it'd be the right daily for my personal needs (aka long road trips)
Exactly in the same boat as you with those same personal needs.
      04-27-2022, 12:45 PM   #38
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sp happy for you that you can DD the CS. If I could, I certainly would. I am young, but those seats make me feel like I'm not (I've had issues with my back). The M5 is my only BMW, and one of the things I like about it most is the size. When I am feeling something more coupe-y, I've got to switch to a different vehicle, which makes the M5 even more of a perfect DD.

Though I don't own one, I'd love to the CS pushed to the max in the way you describe.
Haha yeah I was thinking of maybe getting a used m4 vert (the hard tops) for my rental car business and driving it around on the days it doesn't rent out lol, might as well enjoy a free car and since I can do all the maintenance I don't really mind renting it out cheaper just to get it out there making some money, I mean as long as it pays for itself every month I get a free car to have fun with🤣🤣🤣
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 01:39 PM   #39
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Sp happy for you that you can DD the CS. If I could, I certainly would. I am young, but those seats make me feel like I'm not (I've had issues with my back). The M5 is my only BMW, and one of the things I like about it most is the size. When I am feeling something more coupe-y, I've got to switch to a different vehicle, which makes the M5 even more of a perfect DD.

Haha yeah I was thinking of maybe getting a used m4 vert (the hard tops) for my rental car business and driving it around on the days it doesn't rent out lol, might as well enjoy a free car and since I can do all the maintenance I don't really mind renting it out cheaper just to get it out there making some money, I mean as long as it pays for itself every month I get a free car to have fun with🤣🤣🤣
It's a super fun car and since you've got something you fit more comfortably in (as we've both said we don't fit in M4s for DD purposes lol) this makes sense.

If I wanted an M 'vert and didn't want to go the M8 route because it's a boat, I'd definitely be going with the M4 hardtop (unpopular opinion - I think rag tops cheapen the look of the car). Especially if costs you nothing.
      04-27-2022, 01:43 PM   #40
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It's a super fun car and since you've got something you fit more comfortably in (as we've both said we don't fit in M4s for DD purposes lol) this makes sense.

If I wanted an M 'vert and didn't want to go the M8 route because it's a boat, I'd definitely be going with the M4. Especially if costs you nothing.
For me it's the hard top I want, so much better for wind and road noise than the soft tops... and honestly the older m4s weren't that bad because of how huge the doors are and the seating position. The new one just feels tighter on the inside I guess to give it the impression it's a smaller more nimble car? Sort of how the m8 despite being slightly wider than the m5 actually has less interior width lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 02:01 PM   #41
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=micvite;28843518]
Quote:

If I wanted an M 'vert and didn't want to go the M8 route because it's a boat, I'd definitely be going with the M4. Especially if costs you nothing.
Agreed, it kills the premium BMW cabin experience in my opinion. The M5 is the perfect middle ground of "feeling" things, but still giving you that plush 5 series feeling.

I always felt that RE: the M8 but I didn't know that it in fact had less interior width. I think that very wide center console/stack eats at the width, as good looking as it is. But the M5 center console is still much better looking in my opinion. The M8 shifter looks a little puny and too similar to a non-M BMW. The aggressiveness of the M5 shifter feels like a proper M car.
      04-27-2022, 02:11 PM   #42
micvite
Colonel
Rep

[QUOTE=ResIpsaLoquitur;28843596]
Quote:

Agreed, it kills the premium BMW cabin experience in my opinion. The M5 is the perfect middle ground of "feeling" things, but still giving you that plush 5 series feeling.

I always felt that RE: the M8 but I didn't know that it in fact had less interior width. I think that very wide center console/stack eats at the width, as good looking as it is. But the M5 center console is still much better looking in my opinion. The M8 shifter looks a little puny and too similar to a non-M BMW. The aggressiveness of the M5 shifter feels like a proper M car.
Indeed bmw said the reason they can't put massaging seats in the m8 is that they don't fit, the same exact seats in the m5 are apparently 1 or 2 inches too wide to go into the m8 which would mean it doesn't have enough interior width (my personal deduction here, ya know if something don't fit in one place but it does in the other usually the space is smaller lol)
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 02:32 PM   #43
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=micvite;28843653]
Quote:
Quote:

Indeed bmw said the reason they can't put massaging seats in the m8 is that they don't fit, the same exact seats in the m5 are apparently 1 or 2 inches too wide to go into the m8 which would mean it doesn't have enough interior width (my personal deduction here, ya know if something don't fit in one place but it does in the other usually the space is smaller lol)
I'm no engineer, but your logic makes sense I did (very) briefly entertain the idea of an M8 before deciding to put in an M5 order and go through everything you just did, but the lack of the massaging seats, among other things, irked me at a $130k base sticker price…
      04-27-2022, 03:03 PM   #44
micvite
Colonel
Rep

[QUOTE=ResIpsaLoquitur;28843736]
Quote:
I'm no engineer, but your logic makes sense I did (very) briefly entertain the idea of an M8 before deciding to put in an M5 order and go through everything you just did, but the lack of the massaging seats, among other things, irked me at a $130k base sticker price…
Yup... same here lol what I wish the m5 had was the heated armrests lol those are niiice, don't see why they couldn't add it to the 5 but u guess the 8 is supposed to be the "better" model lol
Appreciate 0