BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Accessories delaying delivery

04-01-2022, 06:33 AM   #1
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Accessories delaying delivery

Just an FYI, and I find this extremely funny, but my car is sitting at the VPC is south Carolina?I'm doing performance delivery), and my ram cleared about a week ago and I figured it wouldn't be long to finish all the other accessories. Now I did order the winter wheel and tire package as a VIA option just cuz why not, I get to finance it for cheap and it's gonna be on the sticker. I had set this up so they'd ship the wheels directly to my dealer since I wouldn't be having them installed on the car (it's almost summer now) to make things easier for me. After bugging my SA with the when am I getting my car question and him telling me I'd get an email from the VPC a few days ago I asked again yesterday and he gave me a call stating he just got off the phone with bmw and the VPC and there's a delay on one of the accessories. So here I'm thinking it's one of the carbon fiber bits or maybe the exhaust, nope! It's the wheels and tires! He's like so just deliver the car since he doesn't need the wheels and tires now anyway and they said they can't lol he argued they were getting shipped to the dealership anyway and no dice! Until they have the wheels in stock they said they won't deliver my car, so of course my SA told them to just take it off and is gonna give me a discount on them for later which I thought was nice. But I just find it funny they'd hold my car for however long it took to get a set of wheels I won't even be using for at least 6-9 months.

Tldr if you have winter wheels and tires ordered as an option this may be delaying your delivery date!
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50