BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Anyone on the Sirius Highway? Looking for some insight on port.

03-22-2022, 09:01 PM   #1
Jarmadon
Private
Rep
Drives: 22' F90 M5C

Anyone on the Sirius Highway? Looking for some insight on port.

So the Sirius Highway departed Zeebrugge after a short delay, and is supposed to be going to Galveston (confirmed on the k-line schedule dated 3/16). However, all the vessel trackers now say it is heading to Baltimore?

Seems odd as the Orion Highway is almost there now, why break scheduled port calls and send two to Baltimore back-to-back?

My car is TX bound and was supposed to head to Galveston, confirmed on the Sirius Highway.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 10:33 PM   #2
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmadon View Post
So the Sirius Highway departed Zeebrugge after a short delay, and is supposed to be going to Galveston (confirmed on the k-line schedule dated 3/16). However, all the vessel trackers now say it is heading to Baltimore?

Seems odd as the Orion Highway is almost there now, why break scheduled port calls and send two to Baltimore back-to-back?

My car is TX bound and was supposed to head to Galveston, confirmed on the Sirius Highway.
well first off that schedule isn't the say all be all, shit changes all the time, for example one boat was supposed to leave germany on a certain date it sat in port for nearly 2 weeks past that. could be another ship broke down or they had a surplus of cars going to baltimore so they stuck some on this boat for example
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 05:34 AM   #3
Jarmadon
Private
Rep

Hm, guess I'll be waiting for it to get on a truck and driven half way across the country then.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 06:12 AM   #4
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Hm, guess I'll be waiting for it to get on a truck and driven half way across the country then.
Or you know... ships have more than one port call? Like they can go to more than just one port in the USA.... just because it's going to Baltimore doesn't mean it's not going to Texas or wherever you need it to go.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 06:33 AM   #5
Jarmadon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Quote:
Or you know... ships have more than one port call? Like they can go to more than just one port in the USA.... just because it's going to Baltimore doesn't mean it's not going to Texas or wherever you need it to go.
Those that go to Baltimore go down the east coast, those that go to Galveston go from there to Mexico. They have a pretty structured system they use, wastes too much time to hit Baltimore, go all the way down the east coast and into the Gulf.

That's why it's weird.
Appreciate 0