BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Whats new for 2022 models?

04-22-2022, 11:31 AM   #23
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainYi View Post
Just to follow up on this, my newly delivered MY2022 (week 9 build) does have wireless charging, the digital key (black NFC card), and hands free trunk opening (via aimless foot waving underneath).

As far as I can tell, there were no features deleted as compared to a MY2021 build. Happy to check specific functionality for those that are still waiting for their cars.
This is awesome to hear. Waiting for my incoming MY 22 as well. Thank you for confirming!
      04-24-2022, 02:01 AM   #24
TFBravo
Some Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 GX460, 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Just to follow up on this, my newly delivered MY2022 (week 9 build) does have wireless charging, the digital key (black NFC card), and hands free trunk opening (via aimless foot waving underneath).

As far as I can tell, there were no features deleted as compared to a MY2021 build. Happy to check specific functionality for those that are still waiting for their cars.
According to the site, I got my own question answered. I've ordered mine without the executive package for reference. So from what I can see on the MyBMW tracker, what stood out for me as standard was the, 4 zone climate control, and secondly the heated steering wheel. I know in my Mercedes you had to get a special winter package to get heated steering. But 4 zone climate control is a surprise, normally modern cars at certain trim levels would have dual climate as standard, but I've never seen 3 or 4 zone as standard. It'll never be used, but its cool they threw it in I guess. My GX has 3 zone and I can control the rear from the infotainment screen, so hopefully I can control the rear in the BMW as well, it'll be good if I ever have my dogs in there.

According to the dealer the ship will make it to port in California on May 8th and should be no delay in the VPC, it doesn't seem real it'll be hear soon. I'll be out of town till mid May anyway, so the timing is lining up good. I'm most excited about the 50th Anniversary Logos, there are hardly any pictures of them online and I feel lucky I've ordered at the right time and this being my first BMW ever let alone first M car.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2022, 01:27 PM   #25
TFBravo
Some Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 GX460, 2022 M5C

Garage List
Well picked up the car on the 18th, pretty happy with it. My Ipod doesn't work with the new updated infotainment system, just says USB device not recognized. We tried on a 21 M5 on the lot and it works like should, so hopefully the software gets updated, that's how I like to listen to music is through a USB, Bluetooth kills the quality.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2022, 07:35 PM   #26
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:

Correct mine has all of that stuff too though the carbon diffuser makes it almost impossible to get the kick trunk to open and close without banging my shin on it.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2022, 02:46 AM   #27
m5_mbb7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5CS, M5C, M2C

All M5CS have laser lights standard. There is a sticker behind each headlight under the hood, under the little plastic covers on both sides that state that they’re laser headlights. However, they are throttled and I notice that they’re about the same output as my previous 2021 M5 competition.
Appreciate 0