BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    Fshngry m5c + cs trunk spoiler

10-16-2021, 03:07 AM   #1
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Fshngry m5c + cs trunk spoiler

Thanks to RYAN @IND , I was able to get my hands on an F90 M5CS trunk Spoiler. I'm VERY happy with how this trunk spoiler sits. Exactly what I was after... "A kick UP and not a kick OUT"

I was never completely sold on how extreme the Pro Spoiler looked. From certain angles it seemed to pinch the rear end. With the CS spoiler, I love how the rear end's focus is equally distributed across all the details instead of an overpowering lip.

Shoutout also to John JOHN@EUROWERKS and his team for the quick install.

I also installed the M Performance door projector lights.

Questions/comments welcome..

Name:  IMG_1187.jpg
Views: 2494
Size:  275.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1141.jpg
Views: 2560
Size:  187.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1182.jpg
Views: 2133
Size:  297.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1173.jpg
Views: 2118
Size:  123.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1191.jpg
Views: 2127
Size:  144.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1143.jpg
Views: 2123
Size:  405.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1144.jpg
Views: 2087
Size:  354.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1146.jpg
Views: 2120
Size:  320.3 KB

These 2 pictures seemed to be the most identical angle.
Top is CS lid, Bottom is Pro Spoiler

Name:  IMG_1149.jpg
Views: 2143
Size:  476.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0106.jpg
Views: 2387
Size:  283.8 KB
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 7
Holset266.50
Jamesmick131.00
eman45171694.50
jmack1231298.50
ggunn9160.00
      10-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #2
adeuel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Oxford Green M5C

Much better. Never liked the Pro either, which is why I went with CF M trunk spoiler. The CS looks nice though.
2016 Med Blue 650ix GC : 2008 BSM 535i 6MT
1999 Jet Black 528i
Appreciate 3
FSHNGRY2301.00
eman45171694.50
somer946.00
      10-16-2021, 09:53 PM   #3
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeuel View Post
Much better. Never liked the Pro either, which is why I went with CF M trunk spoiler. The CS looks nice though.
Agreed. It was the only option that seemingly fit the void. But just didn't fit the overall image of what the M5 is.

The CS spoiler sits just on top of the trunk- up in the edge.

The Pro Spoiler sat right on the face / top edge of the trunk and stuck out longways. The slight flip "up" on the CS lip is perfect.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 05:17 AM   #4
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp LCI

Nice!
So you had the pro before?
Is the CS more expensive than the pro?

I thought the door projectors showed "Mperformance" or are there different ones?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 06:11 AM   #5
soopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Spoiler looks great! Callaway fan?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:44 AM   #6
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by soopa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holset View Post
Nice!

I thought the door projectors showed "Mperformance" or are there different ones?
Correct. I had ordered this car with all of the M carbon parts available, which included the "pro Spoiler" as oppose to the stock M5 decklid.

Believe it or not- CS lip was cheaper. Not by much. But still less expensive.

I still have my pro spoiler. Haven't decided if I'll part ways with it yet.

I ordered the projectors from IND, and also the pack of various schemes / slides. I thought the ///M one was the cleanest, less worded option. Love how you can align them!

Quote:
Thank you!
No- actually the "V" trunk badge is for "EVENTURI"

Last edited by FSHNGRY; 10-18-2021 at 11:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 03:00 PM   #7
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSHNGRY View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Nice!

Correct. I had ordered this car with all of the M carbon parts available, which included the "pro Spoiler" as oppose to the stock M5 decklid.

Quote:
Thank you!

Thanks! Thinking about which one to get.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      10-18-2021, 04:30 PM   #8
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Looking good! You really need to get all your posts together and just make a journal thread in the main f90 section so we an follow along easier.

Quick question for you as mine shows up today. Do you know if they installed it with tape or betalink? The bottom of the CS spoiler is quite unique in that it has a fiberglass section bonded to the cf. So just wondering what is the correct route to take.

Btw CS front lips are out now so...
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      10-18-2021, 11:47 PM   #9
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'll try and dig up some good pictures with the rear as the focal point from Pro spoiler and mimic them with the CS spoiler. I'm sorry the pictures above aren't helpful!

In short:

Pro Spoiler: larger, protrudes off the rear of the car in an outward fashion. Mounted on the edge of the trunk face. Def not something you'll overlook when looking at the rear of the car. It's VERY in your face.

CS Spoiler: same size length wise, or so it seems. Seems "Smaller". Has depth in terms of how thick the spoiler is, and how far it sits on top of the trunk, but instead of poking outwards, making the car seem elongated, this has the perfect kick "up" while still maintaining the shape and roof lines on the carbon roof, hood lines, down to the front splitter. Also allows you to admire how phat the M5's rear is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5 guy View Post
Looking good! You really need to get all your posts together and just make a journal thread in the main f90 section so we an follow along easier.

Quick question for you as mine shows up today. Do you know if they installed it with tape or betalink? The bottom of the CS spoiler is quite unique in that it has a fiberglass section bonded to the cf. So just wondering what is the correct route to take.

LOL I hope i'm not overdoing it for anyone. I do wish there were more enthusiasts who posted. I do see some sick M cars that are not on the forums around town alone, not even thinking about those around the world. I remember way back in my early Bimmerpost days when I was just a lad, Guys would post there cars and somehow reserve the first like 5 spaces after their post so it all flowed like a build journal.

My Pro Spoiler was an option available when the car was ordered. It was installed at the port, where I found out the hard way that they installed it with betalink. For those of you who don't know, when spoilers are installed with betalink, you'll end up cracking or braking the spoiler, or ripping paint with whatever pieces that may come off before cleaning ripping it off a car.

Unfortunately, my installer was a bit impatient (new guy/ old shop) and put a couple of scratches in the trunk. Very minimal, andnot even noticed by anyone thus far. But I know it's there, and they offered to make it right for me. I'll get it handled when I go back for 3.0 mod list, as that will require some time to complete

I wasn't blown away by the CS lip when I saw the car in person, not anything that I would've vividly remembered anyway.. I love how the M performance splitter adds the muscle definition the stock F90 bumper needed. Unless I have to replace this one (God forbid, Knock on wood!) I'll see my options, but when CF is concerned- BMW M performance only!

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 02:38 AM   #10
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'll try and dig up some good pictures with the rear as the focal point from Pro spoiler and mimic them with the CS spoiler. I'm sorry the pictures above aren't helpful!

In short:

Pro Spoiler: larger, protrudes off the rear of the car in an outward fashion. Mounted on the edge of the trunk face. Def not something you'll overlook when looking at the rear of the car. It's VERY in your face.

CS Spoiler: same size length wise, or so it seems. Seems "Smaller". Has depth in terms of how thick the spoiler is, and how far it sits on top of the trunk, but instead of poking outwards, making the car seem elongated, this has the perfect kick "up" while still maintaining the shape and roof lines on the carbon roof, hood lines, down to the front splitter. Also allows you to admire how phat the M5's rear is.

Quote:

LOL I hope i'm not overdoing it for anyone. I do wish there were more enthusiasts who posted. I do see some sick M cars that are not on the forums around town alone, not even thinking about those around the world. I remember way back in my early Bimmerpost days when I was just a lad, Guys would post there cars and somehow reserve the first like 5 spaces after their post so it all flowed like a build journal.

My Pro Spoiler was an option available when the car was ordered. It was installed at the port, where I found out the hard way that they installed it with betalink. For those of you who don't know, when spoilers are installed with betalink, you'll end up cracking or braking the spoiler, or ripping paint with whatever pieces that may come off before cleaning ripping it off a car.

Unfortunately, my installer was a bit impatient (new guy/ old shop) and put a couple of scratches in the trunk. Very minimal, andnot even noticed by anyone thus far. But I know it's there, and they offered to make it right for me. I'll get it handled when I go back for 3.0 mod list, as that will require some time to complete

I wasn't blown away by the CS lip when I saw the car in person, not anything that I would've vividly remembered anyway.. I love how the M performance splitter adds the muscle definition the stock F90 bumper needed. Unless I have to replace this one (God forbid, Knock on wood!) I'll see my options, but when CF is concerned- BMW M performance only!
Thank you for explaining the differences.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      10-20-2021, 02:57 AM   #11
soopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:

I ordered the projectors from IND, and also the pack of various schemes / slides. I thought the ///M one was the cleanest, less worded option. Love how you can align them!

Thank you!
Have the Eventuri intake myself....how could I have missed this!
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      10-29-2021, 09:23 AM   #12
will0621
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5c, 20 X3MC, 20 X5 40i

Seems like the oem cs spoiler is on backorder everywhere with no ETA at this time. Reached out to several of those oem online bmw part sites. IND hasn’t gotten back to me yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 10:07 AM   #13
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by will0621 View Post
Seems like the oem cs spoiler is on backorder everywhere with no ETA at this time. Reached out to several of those oem online bmw part sites. IND hasn’t gotten back to me yet.
In stock. Ready to ship

BMW F90 M5 CS Carbon Trunk Spoiler

Did you reach out via email or PM? I am not seeing any recent emails or PM's inquiring about this part that haven't shipped after the inquiry.. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you!
Holset266.50
FSHNGRY2301.00
      11-10-2021, 01:44 PM   #14
eman4517
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G83 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks to RYAN @IND , I was able to get my hands on an F90 M5CS trunk Spoiler. I'm VERY happy with how this trunk spoiler sits. Exactly what I was after... "A kick UP and not a kick OUT"

I was never completely sold on how extreme the Pro Spoiler looked. From certain angles it seemed to pinch the rear end. With the CS spoiler, I love how the rear end's focus is equally distributed across all the details instead of an overpowering lip.

Shoutout also to John JOHN@EUROWERKS and his team for the quick install.

I also installed the M Performance door projector lights.

Questions/comments welcome..

Attachment 2720805

Attachment 2720806

Attachment 2720807

Attachment 2720808

Attachment 2720809

Attachment 2720810

Attachment 2720811

Attachment 2720812

These 2 pictures seemed to be the most identical angle.
Top is CS lid, Bottom is Pro Spoiler

Attachment 2720813

Attachment 2720814
Such a great look with the CS Spoiler! +1 the MPerformance does look way too chunky IMO, I found that in stock but on the fence.

I was finally able to get the part number for the CS spoiler (51-62-8-076-436) but it seems to be backordered everywhere until at least January '22 due to this supply chain fiasco.

Update: Found 1 left @IND & just ordered +3M +Ceramic. Can't wait!

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 2
      11-10-2021, 03:22 PM   #15
M5 F90 (2018)
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Looks great and agreed the CS IMO looks better than the Pro and hence why i added it too a few months back. :O)
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 09:51 PM   #16
g.m00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 & M2C

An improvement. The spoiler looks great.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      11-12-2021, 09:02 PM   #17
Dreamer2014
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Explorer

Looks amazing..I do plan on ordering the CS spoiler as well when my 2022 arrives..your post makes that decision much easier for me...I've never had anything cosmetic added to a vehicle....would the dealer do this or would it only be done by a body shop type place?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 11:47 PM   #18
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2014 View Post
Looks amazing..I do plan on ordering the CS spoiler as well when my 2022 arrives..your post makes that decision much easier for me...I've never had anything cosmetic added to a vehicle....would the dealer do this or would it only be done by a body shop type place?

Thank you! It is a much nicer addition to the trunk versus the Pro Spoiler option.

The CS Spoiler, to my knowledge is not an option to 'check off' when building an M5/ M5Comp. You would have to purchase it directly through BMW with the part #, or third party (IND or any other retailer) BMW can def install this for you, or any trusted or highly rated body shop or aftermarket shop.

Cosmetic upgrades can be nerve racking to say the least, but when done right-it is damn perfect, and worth it.

If I could give you my .02: Never buy any part at a discount, or off ebay, just because you can save a few hundred bucks. If it were possible, we would've all done it . Do it right, pay for it, never worry about it again!
Even the most minor item, lets say a carbon spoiler, could be half the price from some no name company and have "ready to ship" all over it. When it arrives, you'll see its not symmetrical, or doesn't sit flat on the trunk. Now you're stuck with an item you can't return from a company with no contact info and a car without a spoiler

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 08:02 PM   #19
Dreamer2014
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Explorer

Awesome advice... appreciate it very much.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 12:17 PM   #20
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m5

Quote:

where can you find the cs front lip?

Previous BMW model 2018 bmw 340i FBO custom e50 tune 500 wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 09:23 AM   #21
eman4517
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G83 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

I just installed mine myself last week and I'm very happy with the results!

The OEM Competition black rear lip spoiler itself was relatively easy to remove. I did it in about 15 minutes with some fishing line and a heat gun, however, the residual 3M tape was A BEAR to get off! That part I did VERY CAREFULLY manually in very small sections at a time with GOO-Off and isopropyl alcohol and it took me about 2 hours!

I had IND pre-install the 3M tape underneath the spoiler and also checked the pre-applied ceramic box (my car has full ceramic) so installing the CS CF spoiler on the car was a breeze. Because it's OEM, it aligned with the trunk's lines very well and I installed the CS spoiler (after the trunk was prepped) in about 10 minutes. I just positioned it where I wanted it, then made a blue painter's tape template around it, pulled about an inch or 2 of the red 3M tape plastic back (on the bottom of each end of the spoiler), pressed hard for about 30 seconds, repeating with each several inch segment, until the end.

Here's some pics... (Incidentally, we just bought back our X1 (next to her) off-lease, that was a no-brainer with car prices the way they are...that was a steal!!)
Attached Images

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..

Last edited by eman4517; 11-24-2021 at 09:33 AM..
Appreciate 2
Jamesmick131.00
ggunn9160.00
      11-24-2021, 11:27 AM   #22
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

Looks awesome on your car FSHNGRY! You may recall I was debating both spoilers for my Tanzanite LCI car, and actually bought both spoilers to visually assess. I ended up preferring the PRO as I think for more muted colors like mine. The added over-the-topness is needed. But it was a very tight race, you can’t go wrong with the CS.

Clean car!

-Ash
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00