BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    Body Kit Suggestions

08-15-2021, 02:47 AM   #1
Slugsy01
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E63s AMG Estate

Body Kit Suggestions

Hi all

I have my F90 Comp in MBB coming first week in September.

My dealer is trying to convince me to fit the BMW OEM Performance Kit but I'm not convinced, well, especially in MBB. I think it looks great for white or black cars, but the front splitter in particular doesn't fill me with joy.

This forum has vast experience, does anyone have any suggestions of other kits available, especially where there is a full length front splitter rather than just the side bits.

I'm now quite keen to put one on but it needs to look right, especially with the colour.

Any pointers in right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 10:14 AM   #2
samj2k
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, 991.1 GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugsy01 View Post
Hi all

My dealer is trying to convince me to fit the BMW OEM Performance Kit but I'm not convinced, well, especially in MBB. I think it looks great for white or black cars, but the front splitter in particular doesn't fill me with joy.

This forum has vast experience, does anyone have any suggestions of other kits available, especially where there is a full length front splitter rather than just the side bits.

I'm now quite keen to put one on but it needs to look right, especially with the colour.

Thanks

Dave
Have a look at GTATX car, probably the best looking MBB on the forum in my opinion.
Appreciate 2
Slugsy01154.00
GTATX1104.00
      09-11-2021, 09:33 PM   #3
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Hi all

Thanks

Dave
Dave,

Congrats on the incoming F90. You’ll most definitely love this car.

Regarding the question pertaining to body kits and front splitters, I would revisit the M Perf line offering. Yes- a lot of other brands have quality parts to choose from, but nothing fits like factory engineered pieces. Not sure about you- but I know this is the most expensive car I’ve purchased thus far in my almost 2 decades behind the wheel. I’m not “experimenting” on fitment and quality. I love how my splitter and all other M parts fit.
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 1
Slugsy01154.00
      09-12-2021, 05:34 AM   #4
M5 F90 (2018)
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Hi all

Thanks

Dave
Congrats Dave and welcome and iv assumed you have a pre LCI?

I had a similar dilemma as i was not very keen on the OEM front splitter option and iv been on the fence for a while now. I finally decided to get the 3D design one where the quality is spot on and fitment OEM good. I over the last couple of years have added the OEM M performance rear diffuser, OEM side skirts and OEM CS spoiler. I try to keep to OEM as much as possible so once its time to move the car on it will be easier with a trade in at the stealers. To me most of the rear spoilers and rear diffusers look similar anyway and certainly most of the side skirts are too so maybe stick with OEM for these and shop around as prices vary greatly in the UK. Then the front splitter there are a few out there which you will see on this forum. Pricing point wise might be an issue as some like 3D and Manhart and RKP are not cheap but for me have the edge in terms of looks. I have a white F90 and would agree the kits look really good on these and suggest you have a good look around on here and the net for MBB F90's with kits on. You will enjoy looking and get some great ideas. Good luck and enjoy her!!
Appreciate 1
Slugsy01154.00
      09-15-2021, 09:05 PM   #5
MBBM5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 MBB M5

I like the oem pieces. Haven't got the spoiler but this should give you an idea.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Slugsy01154.00
      09-16-2021, 12:35 AM   #6
Slugsy01
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E63s AMG Estate

So have gone the full hog other than wheels. I'll try and post photos but my iPhone isn't playing ball!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 09:40 AM   #7
Trimark
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 540d Xdrive (340hp LC

Check this video out:
Video: 826 HP F90 M5 Build https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1857929
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 12:09 PM   #8
derekfertig
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F90 LCI M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimark View Post
Check this video out:
Video: 826 HP F90 M5 Build https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1857929
WOW
      09-16-2021, 05:40 PM   #9
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp First Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Hi all

Thanks

Dave
Hopefully this may help n may not as my mods may not be everyone's cup of tea. Only thing I have changed are the side skirts to M Performance ones which u can see on first pic. Old skirts were trash and literally trashed lol.
Attached Images

2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Appreciate 2
Jamesmick131.00
Slugsy01154.00