BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    NJ VPC

01-23-2022, 04:26 PM   #1
schuylerb
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

NJ VPC

First - Apologies for yet another stop-sale/VPC related post… Thought I’d create a thread for anyone that is currently, was recently, or will be waiting at the NJ port.

My car arrived 12/31 (technically 12/30)… I have two stop-sales: (1) RAM and (2) ‘Checking/Retrofitting the Amplifier.’ So far, both still open… No further info.

Anyone else currently at NJ? Or, was recently and can provide some insight?

Also - Anyone else have/had the ‘amplifier’ stop-sale? Genius and my CA both acted like they hadn’t heard of it before.

Thx, All
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 05:47 PM   #2
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Check the M3/4 forum, yes I know it's a different car but LOTS of us have suffered from the RAM and retro amp Stop sale, myself included on a 5'er.

Tons of info over there.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=867
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 07:27 PM   #3
NJ_F80ZCP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuylerb View Post
First - Apologies for yet another stop-sale/VPC related post… Thought I'd create a thread for anyone that is currently, was recently, or will be waiting at the NJ port.

My car arrived 12/31 (technically 12/30)… I have two stop-sales: (1) RAM and (2) 'Checking/Retrofitting the Amplifier.' So far, both still open… No further info.

Anyone else currently at NJ? Or, was recently and can provide some insight?

Also - Anyone else have/had the 'amplifier' stop-sale? Genius and my CA both acted like they hadn't heard of it before.

Thx, All
Does your car have B&W? I only ask because mine does and its heading to Nj VPC soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 10:48 PM   #4
schuylerb
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_F80ZCP View Post
Does your car have B&W? I only ask because mine does and its heading to Nj VPC soon.
No B&W.. Safe voyage, good luck
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 04:19 PM   #5
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Quote:
How long did it take you to get a ship after your car was completed? Also in NJ so I'm curious
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 08:41 PM   #6
NJ_F80ZCP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMC View Post
Quote:
Quote:
How long did it take you to get a ship after your car was completed? Also in NJ so I'm curious
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My car was at the German port for about a month before it got on a boat
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 10:55 PM   #7
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
My boat was at the German port for about a month before it got on one.
Yeah, mine is lagging at the port as well... been almost 2 weeks now... my first car was only 2 days before it boarded a boat.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 05:25 AM   #8
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Quote:
My boat was at the German port for about a month before it got on one.
Yeah, mine is lagging at the port as well... been almost 2 weeks now... my first car was only 2 days before it boarded a boat.
So based on what you and NJ_F80ZCP are experiencing it seems I will be waiting a bit as well. How long did it take you guys from awaiting carrier assignment to actually get to the port? Seeing various time frames for that.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 06:47 AM   #9
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
So based on what you and NJ_F80ZCP are experiencing it seems I will be waiting a bit as well. How long did it take you guys from awaiting carrier assignment to actually get to the port? Seeing various time frames for that.
Like 2 days for me. Also for whatever reason some of the ships leaving bremerhaven aren't on schedule, like tortugas for example was supposed to leave Feb 2nd and it's still there and thalatta which was supposed to leave Feb 3rd left a day early.... might be something wrong with this particular ship which is causing delays as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 10:18 AM   #10
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Like 2 days for me. Also for whatever reason some of the ships leaving bremerhaven aren't on schedule, like tortugas for example was supposed to leave Feb 2nd and it's still there and thalatta which was supposed to leave Feb 3rd left a day early.... might be something wrong with this particular ship which is causing delays as well.
That could be it. My car is headed for the port right now was dispatched from factory this morning. Wondering how long my car will be sitting as I have not had any delays yet. Keeping fingers crossed
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 07:55 PM   #11
NJ_F80ZCP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That could be it. My car is headed for the port right now was dispatched from factory this morning. Wondering how long my car will be sitting as I have not had any delays yet. Keeping fingers crossed
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My car took about 3 days from awaiting carrier assignment to getting to the port.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 08:47 PM   #12
Hoonigan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 991TT, F90 M5C, R230 SL55 AMG

My car should arrive at NJ VPC tomorrow (2/8/22). To my knowledge I don't have any open issues.

I'll update once I know more about getting on the transport to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 09:05 AM   #13
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My car took about 3 days from awaiting carrier assignment to getting to the port.
I've been "dispatched from factory" since early Monday morning I'm guessing I will be at port today
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 09:23 PM   #14
NJ_F80ZCP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've been "dispatched from factory" since early Monday morning I'm guessing I will be at port today
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just spoke with Genius tonight, my car is in NJ VPC and has an open work order to put in the RAM. The estimate date that it is getting to my dealer is 2/13. My car arrived at the NJ port on 2/8. So the time line to do the recall seems surprisingly short considering what others have been experiencing. Hopefully its an accurate ETA from Genius on the delivery of my car. Also for those who have been waiting on the completion of the stop sale have a much shorter wait moving forward.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 09:29 PM   #15
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just spoke with Genius tonight, my car is in NJ VPC and has an open work order to put in the RAM. The estimate date that it is getting to my dealer is 2/13. My car arrived at the NJ port on 2/8. So the time line to do the recall seems surprisingly short considering what others have been experiencing. Hopefully its an accurate ETA from Genius on the delivery of my car. Also for those who have been waiting on the completion of the stop sale have a much shorter eait moving forward.
That is awesome news I hope I'm in the same boat when I get there. Keep us updated. I'm on the way to Germany port still I don't know how much longer that will be I left the factory on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 10:05 PM   #16
NJ_F80ZCP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just spoke with Genius tonight, my car is in NJ VPC and has an open work order to put in the RAM. The estimate date that it is getting to my dealer is 2/13. My car arrived at the NJ port on 2/8. So the time line to do the recall seems surprisingly short considering what others have been experiencing. Hopefully its an accurate ETA from Genius on the delivery of my car. Also for those who have been waiting on the completion of the stop sale have a much shorter eait moving forward.
That is awesome news I hope I'm in the same boat when I get there. Keep us updated. I'm on the way to Germany port still I don't know how much longer that will be I left the factory on Monday.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you. I will definitely update if I get any sort of confirmation of dealer delivery. It took my car a few days to go from factory to Germany port. Looking at a few other threads, looks like a few M5s are sitting there waiting for boats. Best of luck to you on getting your baby! Its been definitely a longer process than I expected. Almost pulled a trigger on an RS6 instead but the wife convinced me to wait for a car I built instead of a stock unit.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 07:42 AM   #17
Hoonigan
Captain
Rep

I just got this from my dealer:
  • Car arrived at NJ Port on 2/8
  • Logged in by VPC on 2/9
  • Expected to leave VPC on 2/12
  • Dealer inventory by 2/15
  • My dealer is in NJ and about an hour from the ports

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 08:26 PM   #18
NJ_F80ZCP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonigan View Post

Quote:

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/Zq1vM2Dh/unnamed.png[/IMG]
Amazing! Take some pics!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 01:53 PM   #19
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Dude this is great! hoping they can stick to the timelines that's literally right around the corner. Send some pics haha. My car is been "dispatched from factory" for a week and I found out it hasn't left the factory yet so trying to exercise some patience. You're giving me hope I won't be waiting long at NJ at least.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 01:54 PM   #20
Hoonigan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Dude this is great! hoping they can stick to the timelines that's literally right around the corner. Send some pics haha. My car is been "dispatched from factory" for a week and I found out it hasn't left the factory yet so trying to exercise some patience. You're giving me hope I won't be waiting long at NJ at least.
Funny thing, the online tracker today shows "at dealership" but the car isn't actually there
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 02:49 PM   #21
Hoonigan
Captain
Rep

She arrived at the dealer today, hoping to schedule pick up sometime this coming week
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 09:09 PM   #22
NJ_F80ZCP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
She arrived at the dealer today, hoping to schedule pick up sometime this coming week
Quote:
Amazing! Hopefully mine will be at the dealer by Monday!
Appreciate 0