F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Activating CarPlay
Extreme Powerhouse

09-25-2020, 11:03 AM   #1
AlphaQuad
Private
Rep
Drives: 328ix GT

Activating CarPlay

Hi guys I had a question, so I have a f30 with a build date of 06/17 which missed the start of the CarPlay implementation 6CP as standard. My question is if I use one of the services to have CarPlay activated in my car with one of the methods USB drive etc, and adding the Wifi antenna, will that have any effect on when I need to code my car of update the cars software? I've been reading but have got mixed answers. Also is it possible to have genuine FSC code to have carplay activated on a car that has no 6CP?
Thanks!

Last edited by AlphaQuad; 09-25-2020 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 11:28 AM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQuad View Post
Hi guys I had a question, so I have a f30 with a build date of 06/17 which missed the start of the CarPlay implementation 6CP as standard. My question is if I use one of the services to have CarPlay activated in my car with one of the methods USB drive etc, and adding the Wifi antenna, will that have any effect on when I need to code my car of update the cars software? I've been reading but have got mixed answers. Also is it possible to have genuine FSC code to have carplay activated on a car that has no 6CP?
Thanks!
Generally, these patched FSCs replace the public key on your head unit with a custom one so that the head unit will think that the custom FSCs are genuine.

When the vehicle goes in for a software update at the dealership, the OEM key will be flashed back into the head unit and the custom FSCs will all become rejected as a result. You will find that your Navigation, Sirius XM, Voice Control will all be greyed out and unusable.

The solution we use is cloud based and will back up your original FSCs and when you login using the same PIN assigned to you, there is an option to restore back to OEM prior to a dealer visit. If the vehicle gets updated and the FSCs become rejected, you can also use the installer to reinstall the custom public key and FSCs and that will also bring the head unit back to its custom state with Apple CarPlay and everything else enabled.

It is possible to order a genuine 143 FSC but it is quite expensive from what I hear.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 11:40 AM   #3
AlphaQuad
Private
Rep
Drives: 328ix GT

Thank you for the reply Steve! Much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 06:45 PM   #4
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

It is not always like that after update navi is greyed and not working. After update and restoring public key to OEM, BMW also restores OEM FSCs. They use ISTA for that which does all.

OEM 143 FSC cost around 450$
Appreciate 0