BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    BMW of Barrington/Motorwerks - Run Away, They're Scammers!!

02-11-2024, 12:00 PM   #23
Stano89
Stano
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw X3M and M5

Garage List
2018 bmw M5  [0.00]
Hi ,sorry you have to deal with this issue i have similar situation few year back on my 535xi 2014 i bought it from autonation bmw on ogden ave Chicago area and year later i went to trade in with MB barrington and on the carfax they said this car has accident, the moment they said that i opened the trunk and gave them my carfax from when i got the car but they gave me a new that is showing accident a month later after i bought the car,so after that i contacted a lawyer and we sue then i managed to get 15k out of it . They're all scammers all of them even Patrick Bmw in Schaumburg they lied that they can't change my lights because they were getting foggy from the accident when actually they took the money from BMW NA like they replaced the lights when actually they didn't and told me they can't.
Good luck and i'm pretty sure you'll be on top of it 🫡
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 09:24 AM   #24
TupperBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Gran Coupe

In this very video where I test drove the M5 at Barrington BMW, I met with a salesperson who was familiar with the OP's case. I actually brought it up. He said it was the result of bad communication. But I very much had your situation in mind when I was looking at this car.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 10:52 AM   #25
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

Can you explain exactly why would you sue dealership that is not aware of an accident and is presenting carfax (dated) the day of purchase that has no accident on report that shows month or two later ? Trying to understand that logic here.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 04:25 PM   #26
BeAtCoAsTeR
Rep
Drives: 2021 F90 M5 Competition

Just an update for everyone. Took the car into BMW of Bellevue and they concluded that the oil pan gasket is only "sweating" and will not replace it under warranty because the leak isn't that bad. There is literally some BMW code they referenced on the paper work for it as well, what a joke!!! They apparently found that the vent/breather tube of the differential was the reason for the diff leaking and did not fix anything there either. They did fix the blown rear shocks and the interior trim piece where the aluminum was separating from plastic underneath, but that's it. The car is now back at my independent shop, as I've asked them what it will cost to actually fix these issues.

I spoke at great length about the dealer findings with my indy shop owner (as he used to be a BMW tech for decades)and he let me know about BMW's processes/requirements/etc. for BMW corporate and what they put the dealerships through when it comes to actually warrantying something like this, and after hearing his horror stories(why he started this indy business), he let me know that BMW would not warranty the exact same problem he had on his X5M, and he saw it over and over again until people would bring in blown up BMW's that needed new engines...He also thinks that because my factory warranty is up in a few months, they are pulling the stall tactic as well...the more layers I peel back of the BMW onion, the more I wish I would have just stayed with Audi.

As an FYI - BMW of Barrington has never called me or reached out, so I left a nice 1 star Google review for them. They are a complete bunch of lying scammers...
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3396.00
      02-20-2024, 04:33 PM   #27
BeAtCoAsTeR
Rep

If only that was truly the case, as they must call "bad communication" the fact that they redacted and withheld service records from me, when I asked for all of them on the car, so that I would not know it was as beat as it was. Bent front rims, blown rear shocks, leaking front diff, leaking("sweating") oil pan gasket, replaced short block = "amazingly clean and great condition" m5 comp!! Unbelievable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TupperBMW View Post
In this very video where I test drove the M5 at Barrington BMW, I met with a salesperson who was familiar with the OP's case. I actually brought it up. He said it was the result of bad communication. But I very much had your situation in mind when I was looking at this car.

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 05:28 PM   #28
Nighttime22
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M5C

Sorry to hear you are still battling this. This sounds like an absolute nightmare.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 09:19 PM   #29
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAtCoAsTeR View Post
Just an update for everyone. Took the car into BMW of Bellevue and they concluded that the oil pan gasket is only "sweating" and will not replace it under warranty because the leak isn't that bad. There is literally some BMW code they referenced on the paper work for it as well, what a joke!!! They apparently found that the vent/breather tube of the differential was the reason for the diff leaking and did not fix anything there either. They did fix the blown rear shocks and the interior trim piece where the aluminum was separating from plastic underneath, but that's it. The car is now back at my independent shop, as I've asked them what it will cost to actually fix these issues.

I spoke at great length about the dealer findings with my indy shop owner (as he used to be a BMW tech for decades)and he let me know about BMW's processes/requirements/etc. for BMW corporate and what they put the dealerships through when it comes to actually warrantying something like this, and after hearing his horror stories(why he started this indy business), he let me know that BMW would not warranty the exact same problem he had on his X5M, and he saw it over and over again until people would bring in blown up BMW's that needed new engines...He also thinks that because my factory warranty is up in a few months, they are pulling the stall tactic as well...the more layers I peel back of the BMW onion, the more I wish I would have just stayed with Audi.

As an FYI - BMW of Barrington has never called me or reached out, so I left a nice 1 star Google review for them. They are a complete bunch of lying scammers...
my advice still holds the same. go up the ladder at autonation. you have nothing to lose. go up the chain to the leadership at murgado automotive group who owns BMW Barrington. also go up the chain to bow corporate. document everything.

cause as much noise as possible.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 12:07 PM   #30
BeAtCoAsTeR
Rep

I agree totally, and am doing what I can without engaging a lawyer at this point. I'm currently waiting for a call back from the GM at BMW of Barrington as my story seems to have gotten some legs via my Google reviews and this forum. We'll see what, if anything they can do, as BMW corporate seems to be the much larger hurdle at this point.

Thanks to the owner of my indy shop and after learning what corporate puts these dealerships through regarding repairs and warranties, it's quite appalling, and I now know the underlying reason why none of these issues were fixed. Essentially the dealers/techs have their hands tied and they can't ever find anything wrong with a car, as BMW corporate will not pay the dealership for their labor or parts to fix it, so any warrantable repair must be customer driven and then corporate has to approve the fix as well before any parts can be ordered. The corporate excuses for a normal warrantable repair not being covered has quite a range as well, hence the BMW code book they have for shit like "sweating gaskets".

So you pay $350 for a "multi-point inspection", but the techs will never find anything wrong, unless you bring up an issue first or your car isn't running right and you bring it in based on some symptom you've found/recognized. The techs cannot perform any proactive maintenance or repairs that they might find, so nothing ever gets fixed until it detonates or fails completely - truly insane. 10k mile recommended oil changes should be our first red flag that BMW doesn't care about the car's true longevity, they just want you into a new lease/rental as quick as possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
my advice still holds the same. go up the ladder at autonation. you have nothing to lose. go up the chain to the leadership at murgado automotive group who owns BMW Barrington. also go up the chain to bow corporate. document everything.

cause as much noise as possible.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 01:20 PM   #31
Nighttime22
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M5C

Sorry to hear this is still dragging on. Hopefully you will get some traction with the GM of the dealer.

It must be maddening to have the car of your dreams (that defines the very ethos of what BMW is) only to be sullied by the situation that you are in. I hope this all gets resolved quickly so you can enjoy the car for the amazing machine it is (and last of its kind).
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 10:58 PM   #32
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAtCoAsTeR View Post
I agree totally, and am doing what I can without engaging a lawyer at this point. I'm currently waiting for a call back from the GM at BMW of Barrington as my story seems to have gotten some legs via my Google reviews and this forum. We'll see what, if anything they can do, as BMW corporate seems to be the much larger hurdle at this point.

Thanks to the owner of my indy shop and after learning what corporate puts these dealerships through regarding repairs and warranties, it's quite appalling, and I now know the underlying reason why none of these issues were fixed. Essentially the dealers/techs have their hands tied and they can't ever find anything wrong with a car, as BMW corporate will not pay the dealership for their labor or parts to fix it, so any warrantable repair must be customer driven and then corporate has to approve the fix as well before any parts can be ordered. The corporate excuses for a normal warrantable repair not being covered has quite a range as well, hence the BMW code book they have for shit like "sweating gaskets".

So you pay $350 for a "multi-point inspection", but the techs will never find anything wrong, unless you bring up an issue first or your car isn't running right and you bring it in based on some symptom you've found/recognized. The techs cannot perform any proactive maintenance or repairs that they might find, so nothing ever gets fixed until it detonates or fails completely - truly insane. 10k mile recommended oil changes should be our first red flag that BMW doesn't care about the car's true longevity, they just want you into a new lease/rental as quick as possible...
the more you press on the dealers the more they'll press on corporate for answers. have your attorney draft a demand letter, most will do it for not a ton of money. IDK how much it would do but would certainly spark some fear in the dealer and maybe the call BMW and say "hey, take care of this shit, because we may be getting sued for this nonsense, and this is on YOU BMW".

Maybe maybe not, but what do you have to lose?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 01:52 AM   #33
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

You need to call a lawyer. Without one, the dealer knows you don't really mean business and will stall you off. Your 1 star review is probably 10 pages back, too, by now on their reviews. In other words, no one will see it.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0