BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    What do you think this car is worth?

02-09-2024, 05:37 PM   #1
GAINZ
Frozen M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Competition

What do you think this car is worth?

Off market deal in Miami

It’s late 2021 M5 with 18.000 miles

Frozen Black
Black interior
Fully Loaded
Competition Package w/ with Carbon Ceramic brakes

I dont want to low ball this guy and disrespect since it’s a friend of a friend. I happen to be in the market for an M5 and my friends friend has this car (he’s got 3 other cars and doesn’t necessarily need this one).

It’s mint and fully loaded late 2021.
Attached Images

F10 Comp M5 - Frozen Cashmere Silver/Sakhir Orange | Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser |Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Front Lip | Macht Schnell 12mm & 10mm Spacers | AMS Catless Downpipes | Meisterschaft GTC + LXR Pipe | BM3 Stage 2 |
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 05:50 PM   #2
logicators
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Nice spec, low miles and CCB. I would say 85-90K.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 06:44 PM   #3
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

90k or a bit more.

It looks like he’s got some other upgrades on it not listed on the chart. The biggest one being M Performance Exhaust. Looks like side skirts too, window tint, and who knows what else.
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2024, 10:25 PM   #4
joshgarvey426
Rep
Drives: M2

Nice spec, low miles and CCB. I would say 80-85k is pretty much a fair price for this beauty
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 10:39 PM   #5
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
The fangs without a lip is a travesty IMHO. It really looks like it’s missing something. I know aesthetic preferences are subjective, but wow that area needs some attention!

Nicely spec-ed car nonetheless.

EDIT — Looks like Wolverine’s head.
Attached Images

Last edited by ResIpsaLoquitur; 02-11-2024 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 3
F90mfunf424.50
fraschusa192.50
      02-10-2024, 08:25 AM   #6
GAINZ
Frozen M5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
90k or a bit more.

It looks like he’s got some other upgrades on it not listed on the chart. The biggest one being M Performance Exhaust. Looks like side skirts too, window tint, and who knows what else.
ya the car is absolutely beautiful

no doubt about it and I understand the price of the market right now

I'm just kinda worried about the looming deflationary cycle we're about to enter into and I feel like car (and most asset prices) are going to be coming down a lot over the next 12-24 months.
F10 Comp M5 - Frozen Cashmere Silver/Sakhir Orange | Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser |Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Front Lip | Macht Schnell 12mm & 10mm Spacers | AMS Catless Downpipes | Meisterschaft GTC + LXR Pipe | BM3 Stage 2 |
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 08:49 AM   #7
crypto
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAINZ View Post
ya the car is absolutely beautiful

no doubt about it and I understand the price of the market right now

I'm just kinda worried about the looming deflationary cycle we're about to enter into and I feel like car (and most asset prices) are going to be coming down a lot over the next 12-24 months.
lol you could use that reasoning when you low ball your friend! I don’t think it’ll work though haha
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 02:03 PM   #8
GAINZ
Frozen M5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol you could use that reasoning when you low ball your friend! I don’t think it’ll work though haha
he’s a friend of a friend…I think the car is worth 75k maybe 80k at the highest but we’ll see

the hardesr thing for me is knowing I can’t properly tune it without sending it to Finland

decisions decisions
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 05:54 PM   #9
logicators
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
he’s a friend of a friend…I think the car is worth 75k maybe 80k at the highest but we’ll see

the hardesr thing for me is knowing I can’t properly tune it without sending it to Finland

decisions decisions
CCB and MPE are 7K+ options each. 80K is lowballing…. It’s at-least a 90K car.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 07:30 PM   #10
carseatsm5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

I’d guess low-90s. I have not studied the market that’s my guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 12:17 AM   #11
S EyeLand
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C

Quote:

decisions decisions
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 07:45 AM   #12
Mr. Jonathan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Comp

The big question is whether the current owner has has tuned or used a piggyback (JB4, or other). If so, I would go on the lower end of market research (or not buy).

I'm always a very cautious when it comes to cars with cosmetic mods. Typically, cosmetic mods are done after tweaks to performance.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 02:45 PM   #13
SQ5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10 Gen 2, Tesla Plaid

No way this 21 that is about out of warranty is worth ANYWHERE near 90k. The people that say it is are trying to keep the market high because this is an M5 forum. What do you expect?

Yes it has CCB's but most don't care about that.

Its worth about 80k max.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 03:17 PM   #14
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ5 View Post
No way this 21 that is about out of warranty is worth ANYWHERE near 90k. The people that say it is are trying to keep the market high because this is an M5 forum. What do you expect?

Its worth about 80k max.
I respectfully beg to differ on the CCBs; that’s been a nonnegotiable item for many owners here. Often times, it’s because a previous F90 with compound brakes was in that owner’s past, and that taught them that they emit a ton of brake dust. Regardless, CCBs add nearly five figures to the window sticker. The OP is asking for what we think he should offer based on the car as equipped, not based on whether that feature is valuable to him (or others) or not.

I’d also say the subset of us that acquire these cars brand new know we’re going to eat a ton of depreciation off the top, or, we lease so we don’t really care either. You gave me a chuckle with your insinuation that we’re “trying to keep the market high.” Absolutely no one here is doing that. And even if we were, what effect would that actually have?!

EDIT — And, as noted by crypto, MPE.
      02-11-2024, 03:20 PM   #15
crypto
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ5 View Post

Its worth about 80k max.
Cool story bro.
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2024, 05:06 PM   #16
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Cool story bro.
      02-11-2024, 05:19 PM   #17
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
I’m just going to leave this here.

KBB
Private Party Value
Miami ZIP code
“Very Good” (second best condition classification)

Doesn’t take into consideration:

— Frozen paint up charge
— MPE
Attached Images

02-11-2024, 09:18 PM   #18
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
I’m just going to leave this here.

KBB
Private Party Value
Miami ZIP code
“Very Good” (second best condition classification)

Doesn’t take into consideration:

— Frozen paint up charge
— MPE
Perfect response @reslpsaloquitur LOL... I recall a recent post of mine talking about as we F90 owners cars age out and move on to G90, or something else completely, the f10 owners come rolling in, trying to get deals on the F90's, lol...and here we are...

@ OP:

Many folks dont know this buuuuuttttt.... Cox Automotive, owns Manheim, as well as..... wait for it..... Autotrader.... and even more importantly.... KBB!..... and several other companies, so ya... they have a lot of hands in the car business. Sooooo if any one can affect values it's them. And their data posted by @reslpsaloquitur, and myself is very relevant.

Not a chance a hand full of guys on a forum can affect valuations on cars. LOL, but nice try... OEMS, Banks, Dealers, and consumers decide all of that. And by consumers I mean the ENTIRETY of consumers on average.

Heres some even more information for you.... this is all wholesale auction transactions the in the recent weeks/months through out the country. These are equivalent to trade in essentially. These are actual sold prices. Obviously it doesn't give the much to be able see what options these had, color, owners, accidents etc. but realistically the car is probably 78-82k on trade, and retail $, after the dealer recons and details it etc would be in the 90-95k range.

The closest examples that recently sold at auction sold for 79k, 80k, 83k, to dealers. And of course they leave room for their recon. and margin. So they will spend 1000-3000.00 to get the car up to sale condition. and list for 90-95,000.00

Not a chance this car is retail worth less than 84-87k.

Not being in warranty matters, but not really, it's new enough an aftermarket warranty is not expensive at all.

The only variables are the unknowns, accidents? smell like dogs or cig smoke? modifications like tune or other maintenance red flags?

You offer 75-80K you're low-balling, and deserve to get a " go F yourself", thats what I would say LOL.

Just because he has "3 cars, doesn't need this one" isnt relevant. If he got it for free and won the mega millions should he just give it you?

You're entitled to your opinion on the valuation, but automotive business sources, and people here tell you what we think, and you say we're wrong... So why ask? Thats fine if you think it's worth that, or see doom and gloom on the horizon, but... nothing stopping you from offering that. The problem will be when others who are more informed will capitalize on your low ball, and buy the car out from under you.

and frankly , looking at a somewhat rare-ish and desirable color and spec and you want to low ball tells me you shouldn't be looking at buying this car if they additonal 5-10k its actually worth is too much of a stretch.
Attached Images

Last edited by jnotrom711; 02-11-2024 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 4
      02-11-2024, 09:37 PM   #19
logicators
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
I respectfully beg to differ on the CCBs; that’s been a nonnegotiable item for many owners here. Often times, it’s because a previous F90 with compound brakes was in that owner’s past, and that taught them that they emit a ton of brake dust. Regardless, CCBs add nearly five figures to the window sticker. The OP is asking for what we think he should offer based on the car as equipped, not based on whether that feature is valuable to him (or others) or not.

I’d also say the subset of us that acquire these cars brand new know we’re going to eat a ton of depreciation off the top, or, we lease so we don’t really care either. You gave me a chuckle with your insinuation that we’re “trying to keep the market high.” Absolutely no one here is doing that. And even if we were, what effect would that actually have?!

EDIT — And, as noted by crypto, MPE.
100% agree. I myself originally planned to buy used, almost had a deal on a 21 with about 20K miles and not nearly as loaded for 90K after a LOT of comparison shopping in 500 mile radius. That was in Nov 2022 and prices has certainly come down since then, but this car has 20K more in options. After some dealer bait and switch on the used 21 I went ahead and bought a new 2023 fully knowing that it will depreciate quickly. I am planning to keep my car for a very long time so don’t care what happens to used car prices.
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2024, 09:39 PM   #20
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
Perfect response @reslpsaloquitur LOL... I recall a recent post of mine talking about as we F90 owners cars age out and move on to G90, or something else completely, the f10 owners come rolling in, trying to get deals on the F90's, lol...and here we are...

@ OP:

Many folks dont know this buuuuuttttt.... Cox Automotive, owns Manheim, as well as..... wait for it..... Autotrader.... and even more importantly.... KBB!..... and several other companies, so ya... they have a lot of hands in the car business. Sooooo if any one can affect values it's them. And their data posted by @reslpsaloquitur, and myself is very relevant.

Not a chance a hand full of guys on a forum can affect valuations on cars. LOL, but nice try... OEMS, Banks, Dealers, and consumers decide all of that. And by consumers I mean the ENTIRETY of consumers on average.

Heres some even more information for you.... this is all wholesale auction transactions the in the recent weeks/months through out the country. These are equivalent to trade in essentially. These are actual sold prices. Obviously it doesn't give the much to be able see what options these had, color, owners, accidents etc. but realistically the car is probably 78-82k on trade, and retail $, after the dealer recons and details it etc would be in the 90-95k range.

The closest examples that recently sold at auction sold for 79k, 80k, 83k, to dealers. And of course they leave room for their recon. and margin. So they will spend 1000-3000.00 to get the car up to sale condition. and list for 90-95,000.00

Not a chance this car is retail [...]
Fantastic that someone came along and made a bunch of sense finally.

The “generational” portion of your post is particularly spot on.
      02-11-2024, 09:42 PM   #21
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicators View Post
100% agree. I myself originally planned to buy used, almost had a deal on a 21 with about 20K miles and not nearly as loaded for 90K after a LOT of comparison shopping in 500 mile radius. That was in Nov 2022 and prices has certainly come down since then, but this car has 20K more in options. After some dealer bait and switch on the used 21 I went ahead and bought a new 2023 fully knowing that it will depreciate quickly. I am planning to keep my car for a very long time so don’t care what happens to used car prices.
You’ve raised some excellent points here. If you’re willing to eat the depreciation (and drive it into the ground) new is definitely the way to go. I’m so glad that you found the route that worked for you in the end and took it!

Plus, you’ve got an end of an era (especially as a ‘23) car, the likes of which will never be produced by any auto manufacturer, BMW or otherwise, ever again.
      02-12-2024, 01:34 PM   #22
SQ5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10 Gen 2, Tesla Plaid

If someone pays anywhere near 90k for a 21 with 20k miles they are crazy.

I don't care what options the car has. It is NOT worth 90k. It WON'T sell for 90k unless a moron comes along. Period. If the seller can get 85k for that car he will be VERY lucky.

23 with 4k miles most options. Sold for $92k.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3zP...tition-package
Appreciate 0