BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    M5 Production Status Regresses

04-27-2022, 03:05 PM   #45
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zb2603 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie_Beamen69 View Post
My car has been at port in Germany for about 3 weeks and no ship has been assigned yet. Anyone have rough time usually how long would that take?
That's longer than things would take in normal times, but not unheard of now. This step is usually around a few days. I have recently seen other forum members with wait times such as this.

Here is the general timeline.

BIMMERPOST Guide to Ordering and Tracking your BMW https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1463763
I am on the G80/82 tread and people with Build Week 21 seem to have switched to Production Begins (150). One of the members states that his production date is showing as May 11. Are F90s on a different schedule or something?
I am unaware of the schedule the F90 is on vs. the G8X, so I can't speak to that, but I am also Week 21 production and I am still showing scheduled for production.

There are probably other forum members that could speak to this better, but I'll throw out there that G8Xs are produced at Regensburg, while the F90 is produced at Dingolfing. Maybe Regensburg is further ahead on their scheduling? Sorry that this is only speculation and conjecture and doesn't actually answer your question.

I haven't called the "Geniuses" in a while, today might be a good day if I find the time. I'll keep you posted as to what they say!
Just called them and asked if there were any changes in regards to the production week. He said he sees it as week 20 by May 20th, if there are any changes I will keep you posted. Feel free to let me know if you get to call them and happen to get any interesting info.

Thank you!
Appreciate 2
      04-27-2022, 03:09 PM   #46
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My car has been at port in Germany for about 3 weeks and no ship has been assigned yet. Anyone have rough time usually how long would that take?
That's longer than things would take in normal times, but not unheard of now. This step is usually around a few days. I have recently seen other forum members with wait times such as this.

BIMMERPOST Guide to Ordering and Tracking your BMW https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1463763
I am on the G80/82 tread and people with Build Week 21 seem to have switched to Production Begins (150). One of the members states that his production date is showing as May 11. Are F90s on a different schedule or something?
I am unaware of the schedule the F90 is on vs. the G8X, so I can't speak to that, but I am also Week 21 production and I am still showing scheduled for production.

There are probably other forum members that could speak to this better, but I'll throw out there that G8Xs are produced at Regensburg, while the F90 is produced at Dingolfing. Maybe Regensburg is further ahead on their scheduling? Sorry that this is only speculation and conjecture and doesn't actually answer your question.

I haven't called the "Geniuses" in a while, today might be a good day if I find the time. I'll keep you posted as to what they say!
EDIT - I thought I would try calling now and would hang up if I had to wait on hold, but someone picked up immediately. I stated what you mentioned about G8X Week 21 productions starting early, and she could not confirm or deny this. She was able to tell me that my production was week was actual (and not estimated), and barring an extreme event, that I should actually begin production during Week 21 and likely not before, but conversely not likely after either. Perhaps give them a call and see if you can confirm that your Week 21 production is actual. At least you'd be able to take some comfort in knowing that your definitely going to start production then. Hope this helps. Keep us updated!
      04-27-2022, 03:11 PM   #47
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just called them and asked if there were any changes in regards to the production week. He said he sees it as week 20 by May 20th, if there are any changes I will keep you posted. Feel free to let me know if you get to call them and happen to get any interesting info.

Thank you!
Heeeeey at least that's a week earlier than what you were initially told?
      04-27-2022, 03:12 PM   #48
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
M5 Production Status Regresses

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you!
I did actually end up calling, my comment edit is above!
      04-27-2022, 03:28 PM   #49
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you!
Just saw it thank you for reaching out as well. Lol they can never confirm and deny stuff that we hear from actual customers here. I was week 9 then pushed to week 20 and still week 20 (per the conversation I just had) so I wasn't bumped up from 21 but at least its still the same date (at least for now)
Appreciate 2
      04-27-2022, 04:03 PM   #50
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you!
Just saw it thank you for reaching out as well. Lol they can never confirm and deny stuff that we hear from actual customers here. I was week 9 then pushed to week 20 and still week 20 (per the conversation I just had) so I wasn't bumped up from 21 but at least its still the same date (at least for now)
Whoops sorry I misunderstood that you're initial pushed back date was Week 21 production.

So true, LOL. The least helpful piece of information I got on the forum was a hundred times more useful than the most helpful piece of information I got from any Genius!

Keep us posted!
      04-29-2022, 01:58 PM   #51
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 Nissan Maxima 40th Anniv.

HTML Code:
[HTML]
[/HTML]They originally told me it would be May 9th before it began production. My Sales person called me today and told me the good news so I checked the app to confirm and booooommm production began and I now have a vin #
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      04-30-2022, 09:59 AM   #52
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweston View Post
HTML Code:
[HTML]
[/HTML]They originally told me it would be May 9th before it began production. My Sales person called me today and told me the good news so I checked the app to confirm and booooommm production began and I now have a vin #
Congratulations!
zb26031055.50
      05-03-2022, 10:12 AM   #53
MilwaukeeM5
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M, 2022 M5

Quote:
ZB you should be in production begins now. I’ve also got a Malachite green metallic M5 on order (Jan 28th). It’s been week 20 production since they confirmed it. I’m guessing we didn’t move back or forward because they plan the paint lines to run at specific times.
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      05-03-2022, 10:22 AM   #54
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilwaukeeM5 View Post
Quote:
ZB you should be in production begins now. I've also got a Malachite green metallic M5 on order (Jan 28th). It's been week 20 production since they confirmed it. I'm guessing we didn't move back or forward because they plan the paint lines to run at specific times.
Hey MilwaukeeM5 you're the first person I met on this forum with malachite green on order, thank you for reaching out 🙌🏻

I took over a dealer order (black on black car) that was at 112 status with build week 9 on February 2nd then went back to 105 until late February then was confirmed for week 20. So you being week 20 from the beginning makes me feel better lol.

I just checked now, still shows me as Scheduled for Production (112), did yours switch to Production Begins (150)?
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      05-03-2022, 11:19 AM   #55
MilwaukeeM5
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M, 2022 M5

Quote:
Hey MilwaukeeM5 you're the first person I met on this forum with malachite green on order, thank you for reaching out 🙌🏻

I took over a dealer order (black on black car) that was at 112 status with build week 9 on February 2nd then went back to 105 until late February then was confirmed for week 20. So you being week 20 from the beginning makes me feel better lol.

I just checked now, still shows me as Scheduled for Production (112), did yours switch to Production Begins (150)?
It just changed this morning to Production Begins for me. I’d imagine if yours hasn’t changed it should in the next day or two. I would think our cars have to go through the paint line at the same time, and doubly so with us both being told week 20.

Fingers crossed yours changes soon too.
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      05-03-2022, 11:42 AM   #56
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

It just changed this morning to Production Begins for me. I’d imagine if yours hasn’t changed it should in the next day or two. I would think our cars have to go through the paint line at the same time, and doubly so with us both being told week 20.

I was really good at not checking the website "too often" but now I'm back to checking it every other hour lol. Congratulations on progressing to Production Begins, hopefully my status will change soon as well
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      05-04-2022, 01:31 AM   #57
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
zb2603 and MilwaukeeM5, I'm rooting for you both!
      05-04-2022, 10:15 AM   #58
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

You were right MilwaukeeM5, I just checked it now and it finally switched. After waiting for exactly 90 days, seeing the VIN assigned feels good.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
dweston40.50
KB30052.00
      05-04-2022, 10:17 AM   #59
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Thank you dude, it finally went to 150. So its your turn, hopefully within the next week you will also change status 🙌🏻
Appreciate 3
      05-04-2022, 11:38 AM   #60
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you dude, it finally went to 150. So its your turn, hopefully within the next week you will also change status 🙌🏻
Thank you! I think I am going back to checking MyGarage several times per day.
dweston40.50
Moserkm163.00
      05-05-2022, 11:58 PM   #61
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
As noted above, I started going back to checking multiple times per day. I just slid backwards to order received again.

Hoping you're all continuing to make progress on yours.
      05-06-2022, 12:27 AM   #62
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 Nissan Maxima 40th Anniv.

Quote:
As noted above, I started going back to checking multiple times per day. I just slid backwards to order received again.

Awww man I wonder what is the logic behind yours falling back to order received?! I'm going to call the genius line tomorrow to see if mine is going to fall back too
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 01:52 AM   #63
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweston View Post
Quote:

Awww man I wonder what is the logic behind yours falling back to order received?! I'm going to call the genius line tomorrow to see if mine is going to fall back too
It seems like there is no rhyme or reason unfortunately. There are members here who had this happen fo them 6 or 7 times before their production actually began. This is the second time this has happened to me. The last time it was only for half a week or so though. Hopefully it will go forward again relatively quickly.

I'll be calling Genius as well and will report back.

I hope yours stays on track!
      05-10-2022, 07:02 PM   #64
locknloada94
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW M5 Competition

Hey guys - wondering if anyone can help me out here. My 2021 M5C was just totalled in NYC.... a dude ran a light and there went the car - thankfully everyone was totally fine, but the car is totalled so I need to get into a new M5C which is MISERABLE right now given the new lease rates & supply chain issues.

I just put an order in on an allocation that has a build week of the 26th (6/19-6/25), and my dealer who I've gotten 3 other cars from including the dead m5 said he fully expects the new car to be here by August 1st AND that he expects the car to have all the options we specc'd which was all driver aids etc except B&W. Based on what I've read here and on some other threads, I'm wondering if he's being really overly optimistic, of if there's a chance the time may come by this time.

He said we should get a VIN number by next week. What do you guys think? Think it will come in time and if not when do you think it will come? Im struggling because my insurance Chubb only covers a rental up to 1.5k total and I need a car for my job so I'm pretty screwed here and am praying to sweet baby jesus this car somehow will come on time.

Thanks guys!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 07:32 PM   #65
aj_g80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 720s

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknloada94 View Post
Hey guys - wondering if anyone can help me out here. My 2021 M5C was just totalled in NYC.... a dude ran a light and there went the car - thankfully everyone was totally fine, but the car is totalled so I need to get into a new M5C which is MISERABLE right now given the new lease rates & supply chain issues.

I just put an order in on an allocation that has a build week of the 26th (6/19-6/25), and my dealer who I've gotten 3 other cars from including the dead m5 said he fully expects the new car to be here by August 1st AND that he expects the car to have all the options we specc'd which was all driver aids etc except B&W. Based on what I've read here and on some other threads, I'm wondering if he's being really overly optimistic, of if there's a chance the time may come by this time.

He said we should get a VIN number by next week. What do you guys think? Think it will come in time and if not when do you think it will come? Im struggling because my insurance Chubb only covers a rental up to 1.5k total and I need a car for my job so I'm pretty screwed here and am praying to sweet baby jesus this car somehow will come on time.

Thanks guys!

I think the best advice anyone can give a customer right now, is order the car and just wait... This car could be done on time, and sit at port for 2 months. It could take 6 months.. nobody knows, and nobody has a definitive answer, thats the truth.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 07:38 PM   #66
josec70
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22' Individual Chalk M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknloada94 View Post

Thanks guys!
Worst case scenario … but a scenario nonetheless …

2022 Chalk Individual LCI M5 Competition - Journal https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1914416
GONE: 13' F10 M5|SG|BLACK|AKRA|KW|IND
LONG GONE: 09' E60 M5|02' E39 M5
Appreciate 0