BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Production started a week early!

02-04-2022, 06:50 AM   #23
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Who's getting the 50 year badges?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 10:38 AM   #24
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Yeah that makes no sense, must be an error. Texas cars come into Galveston. It may go to California after leaving Galveston
Apparently I am an idiot. It is coming into Galveston.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 12:48 PM   #25
Willie_Beamen69
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30 B58 View Post
My build shows the emblem for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 09:45 PM   #26
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie_Beamen69 View Post
Quote:
Mine had it by default as well. On a separate note, requested an individual green color that is waiting approval so I hope that it works fine with it. Do you know if they have a "50 Jahre" badge inside as well? Or if its just the emblems on the exteriors?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      02-12-2022, 09:52 PM   #27
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by zb2603 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Mine had it by default as well. On a separate note, requested an individual green color that is waiting approval so I hope that it works fine with it. Do you know if they have a "50 Jahre" badge inside as well? Or if its just the emblems on the exteriors?
Unless I request a vehicle inquiry report from my dealer is there another way to figure out if mine will have it? it was made 1st week of feb.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 09:55 PM   #28
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMC View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unless I request a vehicle inquiry report from my dealer is there another way to figure out if mine will have it? it was made 1st week of feb.
The production was 1st week of February? I took over a 111 allocation on 1st of February, and they gave me this build sheet on 2nd with the emblem as a default selection. I hadn't selected anywhere. The dealer should be able to provide the build sheet so you can check it if it was included or not I think
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      02-12-2022, 09:57 PM   #29
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The production was 1st week of February? I took over a 111 allocation on 1st of February, and they gave me this build sheet on 2nd with the emblem as a default selection. I hadn't selected anywhere
Yes my car was made 2/3 so I'm wondering if it has it on. We shall see when I pick it up from the dealer. Congrats on your car!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 10:00 PM   #30
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The production was 1st week of February? I took over a 111 allocation on 1st of February, and they gave me this build sheet on 2nd with the emblem as a default selection. I hadn't selected anywhere
Yes my car was made 2/3 so I'm wondering if it has it on. We shall see when I pick it up from the dealer. Congrats on your car!
I think you would have it on yours as well. Thank you, congrats on your car as well. Please post photos when you pick it up so I can live through yours while I am waiting haha
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      02-12-2022, 10:12 PM   #31
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think you would have it on yours as well. Thank you, congrats on your car as well. Please post photos when you pick it up so I can live through yours while I am waiting haha
Haha definitely will. FYI the way things move with BMW make no sense so try your best to exercise patience. I'm dispatched from factory but still somehow at the factory? people have had there cars built after me but are already at the port. Crazy stuff going on there!
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      02-12-2022, 10:14 PM   #32
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haha definitely will. FYI the way things move with BMW make no sense so try your best to exercise patience. I'm dispatched from factory but still somehow at the factory? people have had there cars built after me but are already at the port. Crazy stuff going on there!
Thanks for the heads up, I came across some posts about that. Seems like its an orchestrated chaos in there. But oh well, I'm sure it will be worth the wait at the end of the day. Lets see what they have in store lol
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      02-15-2022, 03:59 PM   #33
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgmike View Post
I was originally told my build week would be the 5th week of 2022 (next week), but as I'm eager I just looked today and production started today!! w00t!!!
Hey, can you attach build sheet here?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 04:19 PM   #34
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
here you go
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 04:24 PM   #35
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
here you go
similar to mine, same wheels too lol sadly they aren't forged(
Appreciate 1
omgmike359.00
      02-15-2022, 04:47 PM   #36
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
here you go
Our builds are similar. You have some more M Perf parts, CCBs and drivers assistance plus. Considering we were the same week still doesn't explain why I'm at the factory and you're at port I hope your car gets on a ship soon man
Appreciate 1
omgmike359.00
      02-15-2022, 04:56 PM   #37
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
similar to mine, same wheels too lol sadly they aren't forged(
I like the way the 820s look, but I was going to swap them out for forged aftermarket wheels anyway relatively quickly. Just haven't taken the time to start looking for the new wheels yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 04:58 PM   #38
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Our builds are similar. You have some more M Perf parts, CCBs and drivers assistance plus. Considering we were the same week still doesn't explain why I'm at the factory and you're at port I hope your car gets on a ship soon man
Yeah dude, doesn't seem like anything make sense anymore when it comes to logistics or supply chain. FWIW, my status is still "at the port," so who knows how long it will be sitting there.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 09:16 PM   #39
Willie_Beamen69
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The production was 1st week of February? I took over a 111 allocation on 1st of February, and they gave me this build sheet on 2nd with the emblem as a default selection. I hadn't selected anywhere. The dealer should be able to provide the build sheet so you can check it if it was included or not I think
If you check your build online I believe you'll see it under the standard options.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 10:12 PM   #40
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
I like the way the 820s look, but I was going to swap them out for forged aftermarket wheels anyway relatively quickly. Just haven't taken the time to start looking for the new wheels yet.
I prefer the look as well, I didn't know they weren't forged lol... funny that it's an "option" on the comp when in reality it's a downgrade...
Appreciate 1
omgmike359.00
      02-15-2022, 10:43 PM   #41
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you check your build online I believe you'll see it under the standard options.
Unfortunately not showing on mine. All is well the standard roundels do just fine for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 10:45 PM   #42
GSMC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah dude, doesn't seem like anything make sense anymore when it comes to logistics or supply chain. FWIW, my status is still "at the port," so who knows how long it will be sitting there.
I'm sure the wait will not be longer than 2-3 weeks total. Update us when you get a ship assignment! You're right though, no process seems to be followed in these crazy times. Definitely not the best first experience with BMW. First time I've ever had a car built for me and my first BMW.
Appreciate 1
omgmike359.00
      02-16-2022, 10:05 AM   #43
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure the wait will not be longer than 2-3 weeks total. Update us when you get a ship assignment! You're right though, no process seems to be followed in these crazy times. Definitely not the best first experience with BMW. First time I've ever had a car built for me and my first BMW.
Same for me on both!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 10:36 PM   #44
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: m5 f90

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Same for me on both!
So Mike did you get your car or not yet ?