BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    2021 M5C Order Placed for PCD

03-22-2021, 09:01 PM   #23
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5C, 22 X3MC, 24 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler Up! View Post
Tracking site updated to "In Transit" this morning. After a quick call to the Genius line, I've learned that my car departed Bremerhaven on 3/19 aboard the Niagara Highway. It's due in Charleston on 4/6 and will arrive at the VPC on 4/7.

Edit: I just received the word from my CA that I am scheduled for delivery on May 6th.
Congrats! Long wait from vpc to pcd but you do have a couple of accessories to be installed.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 08:43 AM   #24
Boiler Up!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5rivers View Post
Congrats! Long wait from vpc to pcd but you do have a couple of accessories to be installed.
Per a message from BMWNA to my CA, the current bottleneck is availability of appointments at the Performance Center. Waiting another 6 weeks will be tough, but the timing should deliver better weather and scenery on my drive back to Indiana. I'm planning to spend a day or 2 in the Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge area to put on some break-in miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 09:24 AM   #25
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Per a message from BMWNA to my CA, the current bottleneck is availability of appointments at the Performance Center. Waiting another 6 weeks will be tough, but the timing should deliver better weather and scenery on my drive back to Indiana. I'm planning to spend a day or 2 in the Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge area to put on some break-in miles.
Ah that makes sense, thanks! And I am planning on doing the same thing once I schedule my PCD. I'll drive down to Nashville, stay a few days, then head to Greer, pick up car, and drive back and visit a few spots (Gatlinburg and Ashville). At the very least the drive back to Indy will be fun and help with break-in!
Appreciate 1
ToddinTN504.00
      03-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #26
Hennessy24
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Did anyone include the new M performance steering wheel in your 2021 M5 build? I did, but can't find any pictures.
Also, my car arrived at port on 3/15 and still hasn't shipped. it seem to be longer than what i have been reading.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 10:09 AM   #27
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy24 View Post
Did anyone include the new M performance steering wheel in your 2021 M5 build? I did, but can't find any pictures.
Also, my car arrived at port on 3/15 and still hasn't shipped. it seem to be longer than what i have been reading.
I didn't add it because it loses the heating function if you do. See below:

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 10:19 AM   #28
Hennessy24
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

On BMW's website they show this steering wheel? Is this the new one or could they be using the wrong image on BMW website?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 10:22 AM   #29
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
On BMW's website they show this steering wheel? Is this the new one or could they be using the wrong image on BMW website?
That's the wheel from the F80. The image I posted is from this thread:

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1743351
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 11:44 AM   #30
Boiler Up!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I too kept the standard wheel because I didn't wanted to lose the heat functionality.

My car arrived at port on 3/10 and departed on 3/19, but the tracking website didn't update until 3/22.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 12:00 PM   #31
Boiler Up!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ah that makes sense, thanks! And I am planning on doing the same thing once I schedule my PCD. I'll drive down to Nashville, stay a few days, then head to Greer, pick up car, and drive back and visit a few spots (Gatlinburg and Ashville). At the very least the drive back to Indy will be fun and help with break-in!
I've planned out my route to cover just shy of 1,200 miles. Hopefully I can get my break-in service done about 4 days after delivery.

Planning to stay as far off the beaten path as possible...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 07:31 AM   #32
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
OP,

Congrats on the build! I too, ordered my car with Tartufo interior. It was one of those "no-brainer" options for me.

I ordered my car January 20, 2021. As of today March 31, 2021, my car is crossing the pond. One of my calls today is to locate which ship it's on to narrow down the ETA
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 07:44 AM   #33
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have been quoting different shops on this wheel and customizing the blue stripe at 12 o'clock. I've narrowed down the various colors to pick from. I'm just waiting on confirmation for pricing and i'll order. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks to do. Living in South Florida, I have no use for a heated wheel. Def a piece I look forward to adding.

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 01:15 PM   #34
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCHP View Post
Quote:
I have been quoting different shops on this wheel and customizing the blue stripe at 12 o'clock. I've narrowed down the various colors to pick from. I'm just waiting on confirmation for pricing and i'll order. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks to do. Living in South Florida, I have no use for a heated wheel. Def a piece I look forward to adding.
That's going to be a nice build with the Fashion Grey and Tartufo interior.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2336.50
      03-31-2021, 03:57 PM   #35
Boiler Up!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OP,

Congrats on the build! I too, ordered my car with Tartufo interior. It was one of those "no-brainer" options for me.

I ordered my car January 20, 2021. As of today March 31, 2021, my car is crossing the pond. One of my calls today is to locate which ship it's on to narrow down the ETA
Congrats! Same here, Tartufo was the only viable option to me. Black is too plain, keeping silverstone/white clean would be a nightmare with kids, and I'm not a fan of the two-tone look of aragon brown or midrand beige.

Our cars may be on the same boat. Niagara Highway was originally scheduled to arrive in Baltimore today, but its ETA was updated to 4/5 likely due to severe weather out in the Atlantic.

First mods have arrived...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2336.50
      03-31-2021, 09:09 PM   #36
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

Quote:
Quote:
OP,

Congrats! Same here, Tartufo was the only viable option to me. Black is too plain, keeping silverstone/white clean would be a nightmare with kids, and I'm not a fan of the two-tone look of aragon brown or midrand beige.

Our cars may be on the same boat. Niagara Highway was originally scheduled to arrive in Baltimore today, but its ETA was updated to 4/5 likely due to severe weather out in the Atlantic.

You're going to be happy with the 863m wheels. Just put them on as my summer set.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 09:35 PM   #37
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Yes the 863m wheels are indeed nice. Where are the pictures with the new wheels Oswiff??
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 05:25 AM   #38
SleepyM5C
Rep

Quote:
I too kept the standard wheel because I didn't wanted to lose the heat functionality.

My car arrived at port on 3/10 and departed on 3/19, but the tracking website didn't update until 3/22.
I ordered the upgraded steering wheel and it includes the heating button. You do not lose that function.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 04:01 PM   #39
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyM5C View Post
I ordered the upgraded steering wheel and it includes the heating button. You do not lose that function.
I would double check that. If you ordered the M performance steering wheel, you will lose the heating function because the center trim piece does not have the button for the heating function.

Look at the pics I posted in the thread to see what I am talking about.

If there's a new wheel that way came out, please let us know!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 10:07 PM   #40
SleepyM5C
Rep

Quote:
I would double check that. If you ordered the M performance steering wheel, you will lose the heating function because the center trim piece does not have the button for the heating function.

Photo attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 11:50 PM   #41
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
That's going to be a nice build with the Fashion Grey and Tartufo interior.
Thank you! Man did I have a tough time picking an exterior paint. They were all within the same shade. But I was back and forth between Chalk, Limerock, Fashion, and Grigio Telesto. Of them all, Grigio was second place, and Fashion won. I can't wait to post when she's here.

Quote:

I know right!?! I had Oyster in my 335, never agian. My jeans and dark denim pants constantly discolored my driver seat. I was a bit thrown off and let down that there wasn't a good "Red" offered for the interior. Not Shakir, more of a true, dark red.

Black, Looks great, but coming from Blk interior, it shows it's age quickest, and is too bland. The M5 is meant to be respected for both performance, styling, and LUXURY. I wanted a color splashed everywhere with the proper stitching to set it apart.

Thanks to another members' advice somewhere here,
I called a BMW 800 number and was able to get to someone rather quickly and provide production number, VIN number ,name, etc., and was told that it was aboard a "Kline" ship. Is that the same one?! How can I check?

AHH you beat me to a picture! I have my second half of the first order from IND arriving tmrw. I was going to take a picture upon unboxing lol

I spec'd mine with all of the MPE carbon parts (minus the engine cover) and the MPE Exhaust. Modding won't be AS intense or costly with this car. Nice to know that I won't be pulling things apart. Great way to prevent rattling and any damage prematurely .

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 11:52 PM   #42
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I thought that the whole point of having alcantara/ The Performance wheel was to have a race/sport themed steering wheel, not warmers. To me it was always a useless option when I had it on my M4. I swapped to the V2 steering wheel and was instantly MUCH happier.

Can someone confirm if you're even able to have heat applied to Alcantara?

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 03:08 AM   #43
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyM5C View Post
Photo attached
What's the part number?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 03:53 AM   #44
SleepyM5C
Rep

I'm not sure of the steering wheel part number. I ordered as an option when I ordered the vehicle so I assume it's the only wheel option using your VIN on a 2021 LCI.
Appreciate 0