BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    2021 M5 Options and Pricing

01-02-2021, 09:55 PM   #67
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Please let us know about the Caramel interior being able to be delivered. Thanks!
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 07:43 AM   #68
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueString View Post
I read somewhere that the M5 Laser Light projects at 600m which is not in compliance with US Dot 300m specifications so thus we can't have it here in the states. I read if Laser Light were to tone down to 300m, might as well stick with Adaptive LED. Not sure how the 3, 8 and X5 can have Laser Light here in the states and not the M5. Maybe those models project shorter distances than the M5 design.

Shadowline light like another poster wrote is just the blacked out upper portion of the headlight unit. The shadowline makes the daytime running L tubes much more pronounced. In the states we can't order shadowline a la carte like you can in Europe. Not sure why the US always has limitations on options. We do pay less for cars compared to other regions...
From what I read it has something to do with the way the laser lights are implemented in the 5 series light assembly. Something about a 3 piece versus a two piece is not allowed by the US DOT. It is a shame because those laser lights really add to the cars presence. BMW should have figured this out and offered on the 5 series after eliminating the iconic angel eyes. I think 5 series owners would have felt better about the change.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 05:17 AM   #69
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
I am curious how this turns out. For my order, I could not order anything not listed in the order guide. I tried to get my sales guy to slip in the laser lights. Would that not be slick to have an M5 in USA with laser lights? Also tried to get carbon fiber trim like in the M3. I was told it is a no go on both of these. I even tried to call BMWNA to request the carbon fiber trim under the Individual program. They just referred me back to the dealer.

Why have an Individual program?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
The lazer lights can not be put in an F90 M5. Maybe the next generation M5 will have them.
Quote:
From what I read it has something to do with the way the laser lights are implemented in the 5 series light assembly. Something about a 3 piece versus a two piece is not allowed by the US DOT. It is a shame because those laser lights really add to the cars presence. BMW should have figured this out and offered on the 5 series after eliminating the iconic angel eyes. I think 5 series owners would have felt better about the change.
Correct. I am looking it having them retro fitted to my 2021 right now I talked to some people in Euro who said that they could ge the headlights and all the pieces needed. I am stuck at the programming part need to find a dealership that will turn a blind eye to it....
2002 M5 Carbon Black (sold) should have never sold her
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 03:48 PM   #70
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousq View Post
Quote:
I am curious how this turns out. For my order, I could not order anything not listed in the order guide. I tried to get my sales guy to slip in the laser lights. Would that not be slick to have an M5 in USA with laser lights? Also tried to get carbon fiber trim like in the M3. I was told it is a no go on both of these. I even tried to call BMWNA to request the carbon fiber trim under the Individual program. They just referred me back to the dealer.

Why have an Individual program?
Quote:
The lazer lights can not be put in an F90 M5. Maybe the next generation M5 will have them.
Quote:
Correct. I am looking it having them retro fitted to my 2021 right now I talked to some people in Euro who said that they could ge the headlights and all the pieces needed. I am stuck at the programming part need to find a dealership that will turn a blind eye to it....
Dealer won't be able to activate them either. The vehicle data integrity security measures introduced with all MY2021 and ID7 OTA update 2020.10 make it near impossible.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 03:29 AM   #71
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Dealer won't be able to activate them either. The vehicle data integrity security measures introduced with all MY2021 and ID7 OTA update 2020.10 make it near impossible.
Hot dmn that crushes my dream.....
2002 M5 Carbon Black (sold) should have never sold her
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 03:32 PM   #72
AramHakop
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Nice
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 11:13 AM   #73
adeuel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Oxford Green M5C

Quote:
Please let us know about the Caramel interior being able to be delivered. Thanks!
Just received confirmation that I can order caramel with light brown trim in my LCI '21 f90 order.

Quoted $4k over indv price
and 6 month production time.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 11:31 AM   #74
Rippy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Caramel?

I can never understand why anyone would choose anything brown in a car haha