BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    BMW Individual Pricing

02-11-2021, 04:36 PM   #1
m3forme2016
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 SSII/SS Comp

BMW Individual Pricing

I am considering ordering an M5 Comp Individual, but not sure about the pricing.

I was quoted
  • $8,875 for Pure Metal Silver
  • "Approx $15,000" for changing color of leather. (Nothing complex, no stiching.)

But according to other threads (https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1007622), interior is $2K-5K...

I called BMW NA to ask as recommended in one of the threads, and they said there is nobody to answer my questions. All questions go through the dealer.

So, my question is, does BMW NA set the prices for individual, or can the dealer set the prices to add profit?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 04:44 PM   #2
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
If you pick one of their readily available individual interiors (tartufo or smoke white) it’s less. If you go with something not as off-the-shelf such as red, then it’s going to cost the big bucks.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 05:01 PM   #3
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

I have a problem with the way BMW handles this. It's like there is not a clear policy across the board regarding the Individual program. I wanted individual options but my dealer was like no individual options are available. I then see people on here ordering whatever they want. I even send my sales person pictures, and he is like "I don't know how they did that". What kind of crap is that. Unfortunately I paid the deposit so I could not move on. Anyways I called BMW NA and they just sent me back to the dealer, which was zero help.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 06:45 PM   #4
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
I have a problem with the way BMW handles this. It's like there is not a clear policy across the board regarding the Individual program. I wanted individual options but my dealer was like no individual options are available. I then see people on here ordering whatever they want. I even send my sales person pictures, and he is like "I don't know how they did that". What kind of crap is that. Unfortunately I paid the deposit so I could not move on. Anyways I called BMW NA and they just sent me back to the dealer, which was zero help.

uhm, your dealership is filled with morons. shop elsewhere.
Appreciate 1
spuntyb4066.50
      02-11-2021, 06:47 PM   #5
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:

Yeah never again, even though they gave me a bigger discount than other dealerships I would not recommend them.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 06:27 AM   #6
GeniusAdam
BMW Genius
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3forme2016 View Post
I am considering ordering an M5 Comp Individual, but not sure about the pricing.

I was quoted
  • "Approx $15,000" for changing color of leather. (Nothing complex, no stiching.)

But according to other threads (https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1007622), interior is $2K-5K...

I called BMW NA to ask as recommended in one of the threads, and they said there is nobody to answer my questions. All questions go through the dealer.

So, my question is, does BMW NA set the prices for individual, or can the dealer set the prices to add profit?
Hi, you need to differenciate between BMW Individual collection and "true" BMW Individual Manufaktur. Stuff you are refering to is also 7 years old...

Indvidual collection are paints, leather or trim which is on offer through the standard ordering proces and you would find it in the configurator. These options are priced higher than normal options but lower than full indvidual.

BMW Individual Manufaktur gets you the chance to choose colour, leather, trim or other customizations of trim or other parts (these options have their separate codes for ordering).
In Europe we have some kind of price sheet available for all models where are displayed all available customizations and prices (prices are always to be confirmed with BMW, in case of something not usually done the price needs to be determined). But generally speaking we get the price straight from BMW, we do not add any mark-up to these prices that we recieve. This topic is really wide and we could talk hours about the possibilities what can be changed.

Price for the Pure Metal Silver seems plausible to me, it is one of the most expensive colours on offer. The price of leather really depends if you want something different than stardard or collection offer (lets say Golden Brown or Cohiba Brown), then the price checks out. BMW Individual Manufaktur interior can go from 10000-21000€.
Appreciate 1
spuntyb4066.50
      02-12-2021, 07:19 AM   #7
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:

+1

The quality of SAs/CAs varies wildly from dealer to dealer. Find some folks on here who have done individual orders and just ask who they used.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 04:17 PM   #8
BlueString
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 550i, 2021 F90 M5

Quote:

I was quoted

Not sure about Individual interior as I didn't inquire about that. I did have a firm written quote of $5000 for the Pure Metal Silver Individual Paint last November from my CA.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 11:52 AM   #9
m3forme2016
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 SSII/SS Comp

Thanks for all the info about BMW Individual Manufaktur.

That makes sense.

I was still wondering if the dealer can charge any arbitrary price and make a profit, or if the prices come from BMW NA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusAdam View Post
Hi, you need to differenciate between BMW Individual collection and "true" BMW Individual Manufaktur. Stuff you are refering to is also 7 years old...

Indvidual collection are paints, leather or trim which is on offer through the standard ordering proces and you would find it in the configurator. These options are priced higher than normal options but lower than full indvidual.

BMW Individual Manufaktur gets you the chance to choose colour, leather, trim or other customizations of trim or other parts (these options have their separate codes for ordering).
In Europe we have some kind of price sheet available for all models where are displayed all available customizations and prices (prices are always to be confirmed with BMW, in case of something not usually done the price needs to be determined). But generally speaking we get the price straight from BMW, we do not add any mark-up to these prices that we recieve. This topic is really wide and we could talk hours about the possibilities what can be changed.

Price for the Pure Metal Silver seems plausible to me, it is one of the most expensive colours on offer. The price of leather really depends if you want something different than stardard or collection offer (lets say Golden Brown or Cohiba Brown), then the price checks out. BMW Individual Manufaktur interior can go from 10000-21000€.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 11:16 AM   #10
calbears
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CS,2017 F87 LBB M2

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2017 M2  [10.00]
2018 M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks for all the info about BMW Individual Manufaktur.

That makes sense.

I was still wondering if the dealer can charge any arbitrary price and make a profit, or if the prices come from BMW NA.
Prices come from BMW NA and will be listed on the sticker price
Past: E90 328i, F10 535i, F80 M3 (murdered)
Appreciate 0