BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    F90 M5 Competition vs F90 M5 CS Photoshoot

09-17-2021, 10:31 AM   #23
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

I am in the CS camp, quite a package that is great from the factory. The OPs car is very beautiful and well done too. Both FTW.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      09-17-2021, 10:46 AM   #24
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

I'll take Fashion Grey for $100 please Bob

Seriously, your Fashion Grey M5 is the best executed here. Simply stunning and not a single thing I would change.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      09-17-2021, 11:24 AM   #25
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
I didn't know the carbon fiber rocker panels came standard with the M5CS. Is this an option? I thought you cannot add any options to this car.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 11:33 AM   #26
tkl
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 LBB M2C

I would normally go CS. But... If I can choose your Competition model... It is an easy choice for your car! I love your build!
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      09-17-2021, 01:54 PM   #27
LemonOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///Most Powerful Letter

ill take the CS on any given day
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 02:23 PM   #28
The_Werm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F82 6MT Nardo grey

Garage List
2019 M4  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSHNGRY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
FSHNGRY, your car looks stunning. Love that color.
Thank you! Its best seen in person or under these lights, pictures don't do it justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatRear08 View Post
Looking good OP!
Thank you!
Op you should come to our rally on oct 3rd would love to see the fashion grey next to my Nardo
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      09-17-2021, 03:00 PM   #29
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnets21 View Post
What color is your car? Lime Rock Grey?
Wow the color name is right in his username. This was an embarrassingly dumb question.

My LRG X5 is being built in about 4 weeks and I'm hoping it looks as similar to this as I think it might. Awesome car!
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      09-17-2021, 04:21 PM   #30
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
I didn't know the carbon fiber rocker panels came standard with the M5CS. Is this an option? I thought you cannot add any options to this car.
They don't. It looks as though the dealer got carried away with the port installed accessories. Also, curious to know about the CF Engine cover since the M5CS already comes with that standard.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 12:05 AM   #31
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyan92 View Post
Legit, legit photoshoot. Your car is amazing. I love the exhaust tips - what kind are they?
What's funny is I have a "legit legit" photoshoot in the general section of the M5 posts. I was hoping to get that photoset featured, but instead it was a quick comparison photoset with my iphone

Thanks! The exhaust is the M Performance system. Tips are standard like this with the Carbon fiber sleeves. Nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeru View Post
Both are stunning, elegant, athletic and ooze muscular presence even when parked, very far from the new comical Asia-Pacific design language that BMW loves to tout these days.
Agreed, and well said. The front fascia of the F90, especially since adding the M Perf Splitter is so menacing. Truly one of a kind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockArrival View Post
YES to Fashion Grey! Thanks for the comparison shoot, this was cool!
Thank you! I froze for a moment when they had cars on both sides of the M5CS, I did the best I could to get both cars in one photo. I would love to see the surveillance photoage of how many times I would pull around, reverse, park, get out, inch closer lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
BMW sure makes a good looking car when they follow traditional design queues.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinblkF90 View Post
Lol competition looks way better than the CS anyways
Couldn't have said it better! Thank you!
The M5 Comp is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M ARMY View Post
One thing I do like about the CS is the rear seats
I like it because they are "unique"
I don't like it, because even in person, they just seem like they don't belong in an M5.

Quote:
What color is your car? Lime Rock Grey?
FASHION GREY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
Fashion Grey ftw! The OEM plus look dialed in on point! Great build. fashion Grey and full tartufo is just incredible.
Thank you brother! My goal with this build, was to achieve the ULTIMATE OEM+ spec. I'm all about details. I appreciate you acknowledging that!

I knew one thing when it came time to build my spec; Tartufo interior, no matter what. Even when I combed through pages of used or dealership inventory cars, I ONLY wanted Tartufo. Matching up the exterior color took a few looks- but i'm VERY pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
I am in the CS camp, quite a package that is great from the factory. The OPs car is very beautiful and well done too. Both FTW.
Thank you!
I originally decided that the M5 was the perfect next logical step in terms of a daily for myself. Anything less than how I have come to know it, wouldn't be all that I love the M5 for. Now if we're talking m4csl to m4.. CSL.. FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
I'll take Fashion Grey for $100 please Bob

DAILY DOUBLE!!

Seriously, your Fashion Grey M5 is the best executed here. Simply stunning and not a single thing I would change.
HUGE praise. Thank you- I mean that. I've worked damn hard to be able to call this "reality" . I've learned so much on bimmerpost, bmw magazines, PBMWM, etc., I'm just thrilled and blessed to be able to do this and be compared next to some of the guys on here. I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkl View Post
I would normally go CS. But... If I can choose your Competition model... It is an easy choice for your car! I love your build!
Thank you! I promise, after seeing the CS in person- you would make the right choice to take mine! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werm View Post
Op you should come to our rally on oct 3rd would love to see the fashion grey next to my Nardo
Oct. 3?
Where?!
Just checked my calendar, I'm in!
PM me details!

Quote:
Wow the color name is right in his username. This was an embarrassingly dumb question.

No such thing as a dumb question!

My LRG X5 is being built in about 4 weeks and I'm hoping it looks as similar to this as I think it might. Awesome car!
As I have done with a Chalk white Panamera Turbo, and this M5 CS, I will take a picture next to this Lime Rock Grey M4 that I see parked outside this office everyday on my way to work.

LRG is more Grey
FSHNGRY is more taupe, yellow, grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Stig View Post
They don't. It looks as though the dealer got carried away with the port installed accessories. Also, curious to know about the CF Engine cover since the M5CS already comes with that standard.
A few have said he paid over sticker for it, I didn't see the "dealership upcharge" anywhere on the car. I was surprised to see that my F90 M5 MRSP was 4k more than this CS was.

And I still paid way less
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 08:10 AM   #32
My3rdM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 E92

Quote:
What's funny is I have a "legit legit" photoshoot in the general section of the M5 posts. I was hoping to get that photoset featured, but instead it was a quick comparison photoset with my iphone

Thanks! The exhaust is the M Performance system. Tips are standard like this with the Carbon fiber sleeves. Nice touch.

Agreed, and well said. The front fascia of the F90, especially since adding the M Perf Splitter is so menacing. Truly one of a kind!

Thank you! I froze for a moment when they had cars on both sides of the M5CS, I did the best I could to get both cars in one photo. I would love to see the surveillance photoage of how many times I would pull around, reverse, park, get out, inch closer lol

Agreed.

The M5 Comp is perfect.

I don't like it, because even in person, they just seem like they don't belong in an M5.

FASHION GREY

Thank you brother! My goal with this build, was to achieve the ULTIMATE OEM+ spec. I'm all about details. I appreciate you acknowledging that!

I knew one thing when it came time to build my spec; Tartufo interior, no matter what. Even when I combed through pages of used or dealership inventory cars, I ONLY wanted Tartufo. Matching up the exterior color took a few looks- but i'm VERY pleased.

Thank you!
I originally decided that the M5 was the perfect next logical step in terms of a daily for myself. Anything less than how I have come to know it, wouldn't be all that I love the M5 for. Now if we're talking m4csl to m4.. CSL.. FTW

HUGE praise. Thank you- I mean that. I've worked damn hard to be able to call this "reality" . I've learned so much on bimmerpost, bmw magazines, PBMWM, etc., I'm just thrilled and blessed to be able to do this and be compared next to some of the guys on here. I appreciate it!

Thank you! I promise, after seeing the CS in person- you would make the right choice to take mine! lol

Oct. 3?
Where?!
PM me details!

As I have done with a Chalk white Panamera Turbo, and this M5 CS, I will take a picture next to this Lime Rock Grey M4 that I see parked outside this office everyday on my way to work.

LRG is more Grey

A few have said he paid over sticker for it, I didn't see the "dealership upcharge" anywhere on the car. I was surprised to see that my F90 M5 MRSP was 4k more than this CS was.

Beautiful Car OP! The CS is not bad either lol! Judging from your name I am Assuming you are a fellow Greek/American living in Florida, Good luck with that beauty!
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      09-18-2021, 10:47 AM   #33
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:

LRG is more Grey
That would be awesome to see the comparison. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 12:42 PM   #34
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by My3rdM3 View Post
Quote:

Agreed.

The M5 Comp is perfect.

FASHION GREY

Thank you!

Oct. 3?
Where?!
PM me details!

LRG is more Grey

Beautiful Car OP! The CS is not bad either lol! Judging from your name I am Assuming you are a fellow Greek/American living in Florida, Good luck with that beauty!
Thank you! Proudly- one of the Greekest Greeks! Owner/operator of "Greek Islands Taverna"
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 02:19 PM   #35
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
But that's the thing. I thought port installations were not allowed. All these things are on the sticker which means it was allowed somehow.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 1
      09-18-2021, 07:44 PM   #36
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But that's the thing. I thought port installations were not allowed. All these things are on the sticker which means it was allowed somehow.
I never heard that port installed accessories weren't allowed. Although, I didn't ask to get any. I did know that no other color options were allowed. That I tried multiple times.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      09-18-2021, 08:06 PM   #37
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I never heard that port installed accessories weren't allowed. Although, I didn't ask to get any. I did know that no other color options were allowed. That I tried multiple times.
On this car that's what I was told. And yeh I asked about other colors also and got denied.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 08:27 PM   #38
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I will cross check on Monday for verification.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 08:46 PM   #39
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
I believe you can add port installed items before the car reaches VPC. I was offered for add ons, I declined
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 02:14 PM   #40
vanos84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 BSM

Beautiful car FSHNGRY. I never seen that color on an M5. I've seen a similar color on many of the new M2/3/4 cars. Honestly it's perfect w/ the carbon front lip, and I can't really tell but does it also have a carbon rear diffuser? I'd take it any day over that CS!
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      09-19-2021, 05:15 PM   #41
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:

My brain just put that together

All this time I saw it as "Fishing Gary", thinking it was Gary who loved to fish.
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      09-19-2021, 06:38 PM   #42
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
Quote:

My brain just put that together

All this time I saw it as "Fishing Gary", thinking it was Gary who loved to fish.
that is funny
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      09-19-2021, 06:45 PM   #43
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      09-19-2021, 09:11 PM   #44
saveywil1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘21 F90 M5 Competition

I do miss the hood bulge on the M5 coming from the M3. I’d love to see the rear spoiler and hood in person. Two really fantastic cars.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00