BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Power Class for ASD in F90

06-29-2022, 03:48 PM   #1
hlane550
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Power Class for ASD in F90

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I don’t have an F90 but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what their “Power Class” is for ASD Expert Mode on BimmerCode. I wanna try and do S63 engine sound in my X3 M40i for sh*ts and giggles. I know I need to change model and engine but I also need to change power class and I don’t know which one to change it to
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 05:07 PM   #2
m_fife
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlane550 View Post
I don't have an F90 but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what their "Power Class" is for ASD Expert Mode on BimmerCode. I wanna try and do S63 engine sound in my X3 M40i for sh*ts and giggles. I know I need to change model and engine but I also need to change power class and I don't know which one to change it to
People with M5: How do I turn off ASD?
People without M5: How do I turn ASD on?

:

Edit: Not bashing you I just think it's funny.
      06-29-2022, 09:49 PM   #3
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_fife View Post

:

Sadly in my 22 I can't even fully turn it off lol, the coding "mutes" it to a point but there's an audible different with and without the exhaust button, just not as much of a difference with asd on. (I don't have valves so that's not it)
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 12:06 AM   #4
TimmyBHGM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_fife View Post

:

Sadly in my 22 I can't even fully turn it off lol, the coding "mutes" it to a point but there's an audible different with and without the exhaust button, just not as much of a difference with asd on. (I don't have valves so that's not it)
Is this for sure? I have a 22 and turned off asd with bimmercode, the exhaust button controls the pops and bang for me in sport+ mode, I didn't know there is still coming from the speaker, under what setting do you still hear this?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 12:10 AM   #5
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyBHGM5 View Post
Is this for sure? I have a 22 and turned off asd with bimmercode, the exhaust button controls the pops and bang for me in sport+ mode, I didn't know there is still coming from the speaker, under what setting do you still hear this?
I've tried turning it off with bimmer code, protools and esys, same effect. I drive sport + engine comfort everything else d2 for shift settings, just experiment at constant throttle with hitting the button on and off and I can hear the sound profile change. (Gets a little louder with button on and sounds like it's from speakers) or do it in manual shifting and slowly decelerate at higher rpms just foot off gas in 3rd at 4-5k and hit the button on and off and it gets louder and softer lol. I can try to take a video when I get back to the car tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 06:42 AM   #6
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I unplugged mine in the trunk. Sort of a pain to get to but there is a DIY that I used. I think it was from this forum or maybe I googled.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 06:55 AM   #7
TimmyBHGM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Quote:
I've tried turning it off with bimmer code, protools and esys, same effect. I drive sport + engine comfort everything else d2 for shift settings, just experiment at constant throttle with hitting the button on and off and I can hear the sound profile change. (Gets a little louder with button on and sounds like it's from speakers) or do it in manual shifting and slowly decelerate at higher rpms just foot off gas in 3rd at 4-5k and hit the button on and off and it gets louder and softer lol. I can try to take a video when I get back to the car tomorrow.
Yes, there is the sound difference you described, I always thought that is due to the engine running on different map when different engine mode is selected. On our cars there is no module in the trunk to unplug. Can someone with pre-LCI that have ASD disabled comment on the different sound when switched to sport+ engine mode?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 08:31 AM   #8
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes, there is the sound difference you described, I always thought that is due to the engine running on different map when different engine mode is selected. On our cars there is no module in the trunk to unplug. Can someone with pre-LCI that have ASD disabled comment on the different sound when switched to sport+ engine mode?
I don't think there is a different map lol, but you are correct nothing to unplug since it's integrated into the RAM module, aka it's part of everything sound related in the car now. The way I'm 99% sure it's speaker noise is there is no perceptible difference from the outside while doing this, so exhaust note doesn't change from what I can tell so has to be speaker fuzz. Either there's more to coding this off than people think aka it's not mapped correctly and they haven't figured it out, or it's impossible to fully code off. We'll have to see.
Appreciate 0