BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Future looking purchase advice

02-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #1
ajfriedm87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M4, CP, Manual

Future looking purchase advice

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello all, long time M5 lurker, Prior 435i, and M4C (manual) owner now looking for the next big upgrade.

A short thing about me- I'm an Army Doc looking to purchase an M5C with a delivery time of AUG2022. Reasons for that I'm on deployment in SK for a while, and want to have the car when I return to the states.

I wanted to get the groups advice on ordering and if so generally what time of year can you swing the best deals. As well as since I'm fine with buying from any region, if anyone has better experience in some part of the USA vs. another at getting better deals on new (if it had everything I wanted on it) vs built/ordered cars.

I know its a bit far out but planning ahead and having things to look forward to back in the states is ideal. Dealers/brokers are welcome to contact I know the planned date is a bit far out but knowledge helps!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 08:25 PM   #2
BlueString
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 550i, 2021 F90 M5

Year end November and December are usually the best time for deals and BMW tends to offer the most aggressive deals on lease and purchase. Some dealers will even lock in the year end incentives if you order the car say in November or December for Jan/Feb delivery.

As for your situation in ordering or purchasing a car in August of 2022, the MY will either be 2022 dealer stock or most likely 2023 for an ordered car. I don’t think deals are as aggressive in that period especially with the new MY changeover and dealers don’t want to discount any current year models yet. I also think this will be nearing the end of the F90 M5. My guess is 2023 will see a debut of the next generation 5 as a MY2024 but M5 usually takes a one year hiatus between generations. With rumors of the next generation M5 being hybrid or full electric, the F90 may see a surge in sales nearing its end cycle...

Last edited by BlueString; 02-14-2021 at 08:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2021, 09:54 AM   #3
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [0.00]
BlueString

Concur,

Normally the best time is Nov/Dec as its year-end closing. The next time is when the MY switches over in July/Aug.

I would start looking at dealerships in May/April/June and see what discounts exist and who is willing to give you the larger % off. Deals could be equal or better on a late 22 vs. build 23.

Look nationally as your car can be shipped.

Also, note.... G30 5er - 06/23 End of Production... So, I wouldn't expect many differences between an MY 22 vs 23...

Last edited by DocWeatherington; 02-15-2021 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0