BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    "Stop-Sale" Ordered on my car today due to "emissions/fuel tank" service bulletin

12-06-2020, 09:13 PM   #375
eman4517
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G83 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmolaris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman6306 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Ashmostro! This is really helpful. I agree. I actually talked to my CA, parts and a TireRack rep yesterday and ended up ordering another set of wheels and will mount a set of practically new (2k miles on them) 275/30/ZR20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 that I have stored in bags from my Audi RS5 (sold the RS5 with the summers).

These tires are extremely close in size and will suffice for the winter months since we've had relatively mild winters recently. I don't plan on driving in extreme weather anyway. (we have an older Mercedes C450 4Matic and a leased '18 X1 for now).
Are those A/S 3 or A/S3+? I've heard there is quite a big difference between them. I was considering the A/S3+ but couldn't find the rear ones in stock anywhere and am going to just go with winter tires.
Good catch! They're A/S 3+ M/S (Mud & Snow)
Nice. Can you tell me the sizes of those tires?
Sure. 275/30/ZR20 (97 Y). It's also listed on the 2nd tire picture if you zoom in.
So you went with a square setup? Also aren't those not the same size as what's recommended?

Should be 275/35ZR20 for front and 285/35ZR20 right? Also load rating of 97 is below recommending. Not saying anything is wrong with your setup, just curious on how well it will work as I may consider the same thing
Regarding your load index rating concern, I'm far from a tire expert, however just crunching the numbers according to the tire Index/load chart, a tire with a 97 load index (speed rating Y (186mph) in this case (caries a load of 1609 lbs each tire) × 4 tires = 6436 lbs.

Given our F90s have a curb weight of around 4370 lbs, I don't think you have anything to worry about. So unless you're tracking your car with five 400lb people while pulling 2gs, you should be fine
Attached Images

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 0