BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Retrofit LCI Tail Lights on the G30 5 Series / F90 M5 LCI (part numbers)

05-06-2021, 12:55 PM   #155
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro* View Post
Me and few other people got ours from here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/20329926769...UAAOSwxSNfqZEv

Or you can also go to your local BMW parts department.
lol their prices have changed quite a bit since first selling these. Plus they're the euro spec. Can you run the eurospec on a US car without running wires to the BDC? As in without wanting to utilize the amber turn signal.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 04:18 PM   #156
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Me and few other people got ours from here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/20329926769...UAAOSwxSNfqZEv

Or you can also go to your local BMW parts department.
lol their prices have changed quite a bit since first selling these. Plus they're the euro spec. Can you run the eurospec on a US car without running wires to the BDC? As in without wanting to utilize the amber turn signal.
Oops sorry didn't realize that. They carry USA lights as well, just sold out in the moment. You can msg them and see when they are getting more in.

Initially their price was lower, but the kit was missing some parts. The price went up once they started including all the pieces required for a proper swap.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 06:55 PM   #157
MUC_G30
Germany
Rep
Drives: G30 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Coding ccm only disables error showing in the Idrive, BUT error are atill present in ISTA when you scan the car. Unfortunatley after xy number of internal error check, the BDC disables outputs and they need to be activated manually. Howerver as coded ccm off there will be no error messages.
Well, unfortunately you are right. Scanned the car again today and the errors were logged again -.-

Do you have any other idea on what is required to be coded in order to get rid of the brake light failure? Error message says there is a short circuit to ground, but the lights work perfectly fine. They are set to be LED and Kalt- & Warmüberwachung are disabled.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 11:05 PM   #158
mittu
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530d xdrive

Hi everyone. Ive installed the new lights myself in March, and thought it’d be good idea to share.

I live in England so this guide is suited for all, except North American cars.

I don’t know much about cars; never done any mods, repairs, or have a clue about coding. This is my first BMW.

What motivated me, like a few others on this forum, is the user ‘euro*’, who’d written up a guide for N. Americans.

I used his guide along with the official BMW German translated wiring instructions.

Attached is a guide Ive written up.

Major credit to euro*. Wouldn’t have done this without his write up (which i stuck in mine), so if I can do this then any novice can!

Lights from a BMW dealership will cost you £730-750. Be careful of online resellers charging more.

If youre in the EU, you can pick them up for 750 Euro (£600-650).
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Mittu's LCI tail light retrofit guide.pdf (4.46 MB, 466 views)

Last edited by mittu; 05-10-2021 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ja63p83.00
      06-02-2021, 06:28 AM   #159
hulkk
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
The issues will supposely be fixed with the new june 2021 Istep update, so it got pulled untill they release the new SW.
Is there any new information about this June software? Release date? Did it fix the issues with retrofitted lights?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 07:04 AM   #160
JRod1980
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkk View Post
Quote:
The issues will supposely be fixed with the new june 2021 Istep update, so it got pulled untill they release the new SW.
Is there any new information about this June software? Release date? Did it fix the issues with retrofitted lights?
@autotuninghouse in orlando, FL did mine last week. No issues or problems to report on my end. Link to my post with pictures below:

LCI Rear Lights Upgrade + Armytrix https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1829789
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 10:37 AM   #161
hulkk
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
@autotuninghouse in orlando, FL did mine last week. No issues or problems to report on my end. Link to my post with pictures below:

LCI Rear Lights Upgrade + Armytrix https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1829789
But I think there were some differences with US/Euro cars. You have US car with Euro lci lights?

I have Euro car with Euro lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 10:52 AM   #162
JRod1980
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

But I think there were some differences with US/Euro cars. You have US car with Euro lci lights?

Good question/comment. What I know is that the shop I got this done ordered from Germany. As fo the lights being Euro or USA spec, I'm not sure. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 12:08 PM   #163
euro*
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good question/comment. What I know is that the shop I got this done ordered from Germany. As fo the lights being Euro or USA spec, I'm not sure. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
When your turn signals are on, does the little strip in the taillight flash in red color or orange color?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 01:36 PM   #164
JRod1980
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When your turn signals are on, does the little strip in the taillight flash in red color or orange color?
Red. What does this mean?! Lol
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 03:32 PM   #165
euro*
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Red. What does this mean?! Lol
Means you have USA/Canada spec lights. European ones flash with orange
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 05:29 AM   #166
hulkk
Finland
Rep

Quote:
I checked my car today and it has November 2018 software.

<i-step>S15A-18-11-530</i-step>

Regarding lci tail light retrofit experiences it would be helpful to include information about:
  • car: US/Euro
  • lights: US/Euro
  • i-step: version
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 05:51 AM   #167
sstyle
Private
Rep
Drives: X3MC F97

Here is a guide how to avoid any errors or blinking after start:

1) Update software to 03-2021
2) Add HELC to HO-WORT
3) Code BDC module
4) Make some changes manually (bimmercode can do this too):

BL_L_CCM: ccm_346 [01 5A]
BL_L_IS_LED: nicht_aktiv, default [00]
BL_L_MIN_PWM: 5% [05]
BL_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG: nicht_aktiv [00]
BL_R_CCM: ccm_345 [01 59]
BL_R_IS_LED: nicht_aktiv, default [00]
BL_R_MIN_PWM: 5% [05]
BL_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG: nicht_aktiv [00]

That is it!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 07:06 AM   #168
iraklius
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 550i

this coding works only on euro light. usa one have different problem. as my reserch, car production after 2018-11 have different bdc module, or if someone replace bdc module at delaer in 2019, thay retrofit tail light and have wellcome light too, i did one and it’s works fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 07:09 AM   #169
iraklius
Registered
United_States
Rep

and one that bmw.p have i did that too whit my freands, we mod harnes and tail light itself and add small board inside to make all light works fine. if i have a time and have one more tail light i show u how and upload pictures too
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 07:38 PM   #170
Jakerx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraklius View Post
and one that bmw.p have i did that too whit my freands, we mod harnes and tail light itself and add small board inside to make all light works fine. if i have a time and have one more tail light i show u how and upload pictures too
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 03:46 PM   #171
iraklius
Registered
United_States
Rep

Cool

one more tail light is done, now in CA

Welcome light

sinister540i

Quote:
JakerStyle

Last edited by iraklius; 09-10-2021 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 1
Abdul1037.50
      09-14-2021, 12:44 AM   #172
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittu View Post
Hi everyone. Ive installed the new lights myself in March, and thought it’d be good idea to share.

I live in England so this guide is suited for all, except North American cars.

I don’t know much about cars; never done any mods, repairs, or have a clue about coding. This is my first BMW.

What motivated me, like a few others on this forum, is the user ‘euro*’, who’d written up a guide for N. Americans.

I used his guide along with the official BMW German translated wiring instructions.

Attached is a guide Ive written up.

Major credit to euro*. Wouldn’t have done this without his write up (which i stuck in mine), so if I can do this then any novice can!

Lights from a BMW dealership will cost you £730-750. Be careful of online resellers charging more.

If youre in the EU, you can pick them up for 750 Euro (£600-650).
mittu Thanks you so much for putting this together and posting it up. I’ve been in exactly the same position as you were and this totally solves the problem for me. Much appreciated. Well done!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 01:59 AM   #173
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakerStyle View Post
I agree with you.

The new lights look cool, but not cool enough to justify buying a new OEM set and replacing the perfectly acceptable (and good-looking) previous model year lights.

Better to save the money for an actual performance mod. Upgrading to these lights is about the same as wasting money on the complete carbon fiber engine cover set.
Following your logic, you’re saying that any cosmetic upgrade is a waste of time in your view. These lights were first on the list when I bought the car. The pre-LCI lights date the car enormously in my eyes.

For anyone in the UK:

I contacted Bavarian Coding to see if he could do the coding for this remotely. To be honest messaging the guy on WhatsApp was like pulling teeth and he was only interested in doing it in person. I was left really disappointed after reading that he’d done work for some others on here with coding these lights.

I spoke to Juris at BMW Retrofits UK. https://www.bimmerretrouk.co.uk/ or www.facebook.com/Bimerretrouk

Lovely guy who did the whole thing remotely including full screen Carplay for £100.

Everything working perfectly.

Last edited by Evil Derboy; 09-22-2021 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2021, 04:06 PM   #174
naz162uk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSX View Post
G30 / F90 LCI tail light part numbers (posted by @e36mcab)

Part numbers: https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1598956622

Full retrofit of the LCI rear lights installed today. For more pictures head over to insta @minda_sm

Info:

Bought the lights from a main dealer, will also need the 4 cover trims as they are a different shape. Fitting is straight forward on the outers, the inners will need to be repined on the plug and some additional wires from the BDC. All will need the coding.

Anyone in the UK, i can put you in touch with the chap that done the coding and wiring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSX View Post
G30 / F90 LCI tail light part numbers (posted by @e36mcab)

Part numbers: https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1598956622

Full retrofit of the LCI rear lights installed today. For more pictures head over to insta @minda_sm

Info:

Bought the lights from a main dealer, will also need the 4 cover trims as they are a different shape. Fitting is straight forward on the outers, the inners will need to be repined on the plug and some additional wires from the BDC. All will need the coding.

Anyone in the UK, i can put you in touch with the chap that done the coding and wiring.
How much was the set of trims? Where do they go as the old lights can't see any?
Also can I have the details of your coder ?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 09:53 AM   #175
Grduck
Rep
Drives: e36 m3 f90 m5

Newb here but I was curious if anyone in Los Angeles area could help with this or just install it...lord knows ill screw it up. I'll pay!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 01:24 AM   #176
Ja63p8
Registered
Rep
Drives: 530D M Sport G30 (2020)

Found this thread on google.

Thanks for the UK members for this thread and the info/guides!!!

Looking to get this done for mine. If any members know of any workshop/clever handy chap, that can do it either based in the South-West or London, please reply or message me!

Thank you.
Appreciate 0