BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Retrofit LCI Tail Lights on the G30 5 Series / F90 M5 LCI (part numbers)

01-04-2021, 01:55 PM   #67
M5 F90 (2018)
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeadam View Post
yeah i read comment about retro fit via bmw...cant see that ever happening, they never have in past and they wont want LCi lights added onto older cars that have a mix of old front lights and new rear, their design/branding teams surely wouldnt allow that, plus they want people to buy LCI models not bodge together one with various parts? i just dunno
You have a good point and seeing everything going on probs unlikely to be anytime soon. I think from memory they had a retrofit service on the 3 series but I could be mistaken. Just what I thought I heard so its possible. Either way I will get them done this year and no rush at the mo as the car has been on the road once in the last 3 months and we have the forthcoming lockdown today. Nuts!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 07:42 AM   #68
jjjjjjjjjjjjj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
yeah i read comment about retro fit via bmw...cant see that ever happening, they never have in past and they wont want LCi lights added onto older cars that have a mix of old front lights and new rear, their design/branding teams surely wouldnt allow that, plus they want people to buy LCI models not bodge together one with various parts? i just dunno
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5 F90 (2018) View Post
You have a good point and seeing everything going on probs unlikely to be anytime soon. I think from memory they had a retrofit service on the 3 series but I could be mistaken. Just what I thought I heard so its possible. Either way I will get them done this year and no rush at the mo as the car has been on the road once in the last 3 months and we have the forthcoming lockdown today. Nuts!
I'm on preorder list already for this "retrofit kit" and you can find this part in bmw catalog officially ( at least dealership can )

But it was supposed to start shipping mid december and it's almost mid january and no one knows exact date yet.
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2021, 12:55 PM   #69
M5 F90 (2018)
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjjjjjjjjjjj View Post
I'm on preorder list already for this "retrofit kit" and you can find this part in bmw catalog officially ( at least dealership can )

But it was supposed to start shipping mid december and it's almost mid january and no one knows exact date yet.
You are spot on my good friend.....just had a chat with my local dealer and the retro fit is now an option and here in the UK iv been quoted £1k all in. Parts are ordered for me today and due on the 10th January and then we will arrange a date. Very, very surprised and very pleased. Nice little mod that will keep me happy until the new M5 is out in a few years. The front lights im not overly bothered about. Appreciate the heads up on this.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 05:14 AM   #70
jjjjjjjjjjjjj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
You are spot on my good friend.....just had a chat with my local dealer and the retro fit is now an option and here in the UK iv been quoted £1k all in. Parts are ordered for me today and due on the 10th January and then we will arrange a date. Very, very surprised and very pleased. Nice little mod that will keep me happy until the new M5 is out in a few years. The front lights im not overly bothered about. Appreciate the heads up on this.
Glad I could help, actually I was surprised because pricing for official retrofit from BMW was cheaper than getting the parts myself through ordering as separate parts and even cheaper than online listings from private people that torn apart theirs
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 06:14 AM   #71
ste0803
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Purple F90 M5 - Stage 1

Quote:
Do you have a part number or a quotation you can send me over so I can go to my dealer to have the same?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 07:31 AM   #72
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp (Evolve Tune)

Quote:
Oh cool , im amazed bww offer as retro fit, as normally that hate cars being mix and match of old and new, handy for you though. i paid a £1000 for mine to be supplied and fitted/coded last year, great mod

Appreciate 1
      01-07-2021, 02:40 PM   #73
M5 F90 (2018)
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste0803 View Post
Do you have a part number or a quotation you can send me over so I can go to my dealer to have the same?
Sure i'll see what I can do tomorrow as the paperwork is on my desktop machine at work. Until I do and if you are in a hurry, just speak to parts and they will take your reg and ask about the retro fitting service. I spoke to two different dealers and both came back with the same price. I had a quote about 2 months ago for the lights and trays etc and that was £1k just for those so very surprised its now £1k all in. I snapped their hand off!!
Appreciate 1
ste0803339.00
      01-08-2021, 10:56 AM   #74
M5 F90 (2018)
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sure i'll see what I can do tomorrow as the paperwork is on my desktop machine at work. Until I do and if you are in a hurry, just speak to parts and they will take your reg and ask about the retro fitting service. I spoke to two different dealers and both came back with the same price. I had a quote about 2 months ago for the lights and trays etc and that was £1k just for those so very surprised its now £1k all in. I snapped their hand off!!
Is this helpful?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Part Numbers.pdf (85.8 KB, 235 views)
Appreciate 2
ste0803339.00
m5 guy1662.00
      01-11-2021, 11:35 PM   #75
bmw.p
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 Competi ...  [0.00]
2019 X3M  [0.00]
2017 540ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Oh cool , im amazed bww offer as retro fit, as normally that hate cars being mix and match of old and new, handy for you though. i paid a £1000 for mine to be supplied and fitted/coded last year, great mod

What exhaust or exhaust tips do you have?
2013 550ix F10 - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 01:46 PM   #76
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
They look like BMS
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 01:33 PM   #77
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Quote:
Is this helpful?
Very helpful! Thank you for the part number. Just had my dealer look it up and it's not available for USA markets. Hopefully soon.

Thanks again for getting us the part number!
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 2
      01-13-2021, 01:36 PM   #78
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp (Evolve Tune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw.p View Post
What exhaust or exhaust tips do you have?
Hi yes bms, but got off another member, he had them for 3 months and sold his M5...he had in chrome but got his mate at McLaren, believe it or not, to get them ceramic coated in gloss black, as bms for some reason only sell the horrible matt black? he also hd the fittings made into grub screw rather than the big clamp they normally come with, that way you dont see any fitting clamp from rear.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 03:04 AM   #79
Mach550
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Garage List
2019 BMW M550i  [8.00]
I keep seeing people mention coding and others say coding is not required. Does anyone know who is correct?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 04:33 AM   #80
-Mike-
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

Quote:
I keep seeing people mention coding and others say coding is not required. Does anyone know who is correct?
Coding is required.
It´s always best to get in contact with your local BMW dealer and let him do the works.
Moreover, in Germany you may lose insurance coverage in case somebody else is coding your car.

Cheers,
Mike
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 10:20 AM   #81
Tbone22
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW F90 M5 Comp

F90 LCI Tali Light Retrofit Coding Help

Hey guys, I just installed the new LCI tail lights on my 2020 F90 M5 Comp but I’m having some coding issues. I have had my BMW master mechanic use Bimmercode for all of the coding but we still cannot get the lights to come on properly when:

- Unlocking the car (one little light comes on only)
- Blinkers (half of the entire tail light blinks)
- Shows that there is a rear tail light signal malfunction
- Brake lights only light up the outer half of the tail light

Any coding help or retro fit coding access would be much appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 11:15 AM   #82
-Mike-
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

- Unlocking the car (one little light comes on only)

Should be like this, so no error.

- Blinkers (half of the entire tail light blinks)

The entire tail light should blink (German setup).

Try the following settings for all Reversing lights:
Values:
Bulb

Cold monitoring
Values:
Active

- Shows that there is a rear tail light signal malfunction

Yes, known error, so far no official solution by BMW.
Error shows up randomly only.

- Brake lights only light up the outer half of the tail light

Should be like this, so no error.

Edit:
On some retrofit cars the inner and outer brake lights illuminate, so this is interesting.
My BMW dealer did the installation and coding, let´s wait for additional feedback from the community.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by -Mike-; 01-26-2021 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 06:52 PM   #83
oilandgas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550, 2018 DB11

This forum seems much more active and knowledgeable than the G30 forum on this topic. I'm wondering if you can help clarify a few things for me:
1. Do you think the retrofit that appears to be offered in the UK would work on US model cars?
2. Does the retrofit kit come with the outer trims?
3. I saw several posts mentioning the need to run a wire from the trunk to the light switch panel in the front of the car? What is that wire for?
4. I saw several posts on the G30 forum about needing to modify pins in the wiring harness to make the retrofit work. Is this also included in the UK kit?
5. Who can code these to work? No one in the US seems to have this solved.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 04:36 PM   #84
oilandgas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550, 2018 DB11

bump
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 04:32 PM   #85
MSX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilandgas View Post
This forum seems much more active and knowledgeable than the G30 forum on this topic. I'm wondering if you can help clarify a few things for me:
1. Do you think the retrofit that appears to be offered in the UK would work on US model cars?
2. Does the retrofit kit come with the outer trims?
3. I saw several posts mentioning the need to run a wire from the trunk to the light switch panel in the front of the car? What is that wire for?
4. I saw several posts on the G30 forum about needing to modify pins in the wiring harness to make the retrofit work. Is this also included in the UK kit?
5. Who can code these to work? No one in the US seems to have this solved.

Hi buddy will try and help as much as possible

1, Im in the UK and was the first to have it done, there is no retrofit kits available in the uk. The parts were just ordered as individual components

2, As above all parts ordered individual, 4 lights, 4 trims

3, Yes the body control unit is located in the front footwell, the original loom is 3 wires short from the new light wiring

4, The plugs are the same, just the order of the pins is different (hence yours not currentley working)

5, Sorry in the UK, so don't know on this one
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 04:53 PM   #86
M5 F90 (2018)
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSX View Post
Hi buddy will try and help as much as possible

1, Im in the UK and was the first to have it done, there is no retrofit kits available in the uk. The parts were just ordered as individual components

2, As above all parts ordered individual, 4 lights, 4 trims

3, Yes the body control unit is located in the front footwell, the original loom is 3 wires short from the new light wiring

4, The plugs are the same, just the order of the pins is different (hence yours not currentley working)

5, Sorry in the UK, so don't know on this one
Sorry bud, there are retro fit kits for £1k here in the UK and parts are on order and im waiting for a date to get booked in. As someone pointed out on here, it was supposed to be December 2020 ready for delivery and got delayed but the kits are available and on the bmw ordering system. Might be worth the US guys making a few calls to dealers to see whats what.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 09:02 PM   #87
adolzero
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F90 m5

i can share more info on retrofit work,2 big rearlight are plug and play,light on the trunklid is more complicated -its socket has 6 pin and you can not do a direct retrofit,1-6 was turn signal,empty,ground,daylight,foglight,rear light,and there are redefined in lci as fog,rear,daylight,turn ,brakelight(new)and ground,you need to rewire brakelight and turn signal from trunklid to front right seat area where BDC module located

left side
Turn Signal Pin Movement: A258*5B 41-> A258*3B 50
New brake pin added: A258*5B 41
right
Turn signal pin movement: A258*5B 33 -> A258*3B 38
New brake pin added: A258*5B 33

look into manual book to locate these socket in bdc

finally use ista or esys to code - basically it is coding your prefacelift bdc module with a f90 lci version of file

the last but not least -share everyone some photos on my progress of building the car
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
MSX99.50
euro*1654.00
      02-07-2021, 04:26 AM   #88
MSX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Sorry bud, there are retro fit kits for £1k here in the UK and parts are on order and im waiting for a date to get booked in. As someone pointed out on here, it was supposed to be December 2020 ready for delivery and got delayed but the kits are available and on the bmw ordering system. Might be worth the US guys making a few calls to dealers to see whats what.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the update, i fitted mine in July 2020, at that point there was no retrofit kit

Maybe it would be helpful if you have a part number for the kit
Appreciate 0