BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    BMW CPO wrap extended warranty - is mine legit?

03-22-2024, 06:03 PM   #1
cow2215
Registered
Rep
Drives: M5 base

BMW CPO wrap extended warranty - is mine legit?

Hi all, hoping the collective wisdom of the forum can shed some light on my recent purchase experience:

I bought a 2020 M5 base from a BMW dealer out of state in a large metro area; had a PPI done by a local shop, which went fine.

I decided to opt for a BMW CPO protection plan to 84 mo, and I was careful to clarify with dealer's finance department that the car was eligible for a BMW (not 3rd party) extended warranty, which they confirmed it was, so I pulled the trigger on an 84 mo / unlimited miles warranty.

I didn't receive the car until late Feb, about a month after I purchased (family matters took me out of town for ~3 wks)

At that point, I noted that the extended warranty does not show up on mybmw.bmwusa.com, so I got after the finance guy at the dealer. It became clear that they had never enrolled the car, as he forwarded an email that he had sent to a rep at Safe-Guard Products International, from the first week of March which mentions a Late Remittance Agreement (between the dealer and Safe-Guard).

Safe-Guard appears to be a third party issuer of car warranties through dealerships. When I asked the sales manager to clarify whether my extended warranty is directly from BMW or from Safe-Guard, he came back to tell me that BMW is no longer in the extended warranty business and is now outsourcing this to Safe-Guard. Can anyone else corroborate this?

I'm still waiting for the sales manager to provide me with details (ie an executed contract, which should clarify who the obligor is to the service contract. I attach three screenshots below: page 1 of the original contract that I signed; a screenshot from the dealer that purportedly shows that my car's extended warranty is 'registered', and a screenshot from mybmw.com that does not show any CPO extension (and towards the bottom, BMW will still sell me a platinum Extended Service Contract)

Thanks in advance for any input!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 06:43 PM   #2
fun2drv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M5 Comp

Garage List
2023 BMW M5  [10.00]
2023 BMW M5  [0.00]
I just purchased a BMW extended warranty from a dealer in CA last month. It showed up on My BMW app right away.

Good luck solving your situation!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 07:52 PM   #3
jzy
Private
Rep
Drives: '19 G30, '21 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drv View Post
I just purchased a BMW extended warranty from a dealer in CA last month. It showed up on My BMW app right away.

Good luck solving your situation!
Excuse my ignorance, but where do you I find this info on my app?

Edit: NVM I found it.

Last edited by jzy; 03-22-2024 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 04:38 PM   #4
cow2215
Registered
Rep
Drives: M5 base

quick f/u - reviewed the entire contract (of which the cover page is above) and in fact Safe-Guard Products International is listed as the contract Administrator.

I called BMWNA, who confirmed that they can see that I have an active ESC on the car. For good measure I asked my local BMW dealer to check, and they also see the extended warranty. The coverage language looks ok, as others have noted it is broader than CPO (primarily also covering suspension parts). I can add details if anyone is interested.

BMWNA couldn't explain why the warranty extension doesn't show up on mybmwusa.com. Shrug.
Appreciate 0