BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Rear Right Passenger Lock Not Unlocking with Comfor Access

11-01-2022, 11:41 AM   #1
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Rear Right Passenger Lock Not Unlocking with Comfor Access

I got my car in mid August but until last week I never had more than 1 passenger in my car so I just discovered this recently.

My unlock settings open only driver door whenever I open the car with comfort access or when I click the unlock button on the remote once.

I had someone try to get into the car when I was in the car, I unlocked the door from inside from the driver door panel the unlock pin went up but the lock didn't get disengaged so I had to reach back and manually open the door from the handle inside didn't think much of it.

Today I got out of the car after parking went to the back right side door to pick up something from the back I pulled the handle, the pin went up but the door wouldn't open. So I took my key out to lock the car and then unlocked the car then it worked.

I know its a major first world problem but since I got the car a little over 2 months ago it's kind of annoying me and a little embarrassing to have someone get stuck at the door especially at the valet lol.

Has anyone else experienced something similar with their door? What can it potentially be? Thank you all for the feedback in advance
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2022, 12:03 PM   #2
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Rear Right Passenger Lock Not Unlocking with Comfor Access

Taking a shot in the dark here, but had a somewhat similar experience previously, but on a non-BMW product. Is there a chance the child safety lock pin is partially engaged? Not seated all the way in either direction, on or off? This can cause the sensor to misread what state the child lock is in, causing it to sometimes be locked and sometimes unlocked.
Aronis2274.00
      11-01-2022, 12:09 PM   #3
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Taking a shot in the dark here, but had a somewhat similar experience previously, but on a non-BMW product. Is there a chance the child safety lock pin is partially engaged? Not seated all the way in either direction, on or off? This can cause the sensor to misread what state the child lock is in, causing it to sometimes be locked and sometimes unlocked.
Never thought about that🤔 but the issue is it doesn't open from outside and opens from inside, for child lock it should be the opposite I think. In my situation the child can get out but the parent cant take him/her out lmao
Appreciate 2
Aronis2274.00
      11-01-2022, 12:29 PM   #4
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zb2603 View Post
Quote:
Never thought about that🤔 but the issue is it doesn't open from outside and opens from inside, for child lock it should be the opposite I think. In my situation the child can get out but the parent cant take him/her out lmao
I totally misinterpreted your third paragraph which explains that. You are obviously absolutely right, it should in fact be the opposite. In my case, it was doing the opposite of your situation. My apologies! Hopefully this is something your dealer can fix easily without the need for parts. Please keep us posted!
      11-01-2022, 12:53 PM   #5
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I totally misinterpreted your third paragraph which explains that. You are obviously absolutely right, it should in fact be the opposite. In my case, it was doing the opposite of your situation. My apologies! Hopefully this is something your dealer can fix easily without the need for parts. Please keep us posted!
No dude you're good. My english malfunctions sometimes I will just take it to see what they say or if they can "reproduce the problem". Thank you though 🙌🏻
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 02:43 PM   #6
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No dude you're good. My english malfunctions sometimes I will just take it to see what they say or if they can "reproduce the problem". Thank you though 🙌🏻
It certainly wasn't your English! iIt was my brain!