BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Inspecting M5 + brake wear?

02-22-2019, 11:34 PM   #1
nvez
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 GLE63s

Inspecting M5 + brake wear?

Hi all,

I'm looking at a dealer demo M5 on Monday which has around 3600 kms, I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on things to look out for and if the on-board electronics can report the brake wear so far.

I'm assuming this is a corporate car demo (HEA package) but because of it's low mileage, I want to make sure it's also not super beat. I'm leasing the car but I also don't want to deal with all the extra possible troubles.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 12:26 AM   #2
ST3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvez View Post
Hi all,

I'm looking at a dealer demo M5 on Monday which has around 3600 kms, I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on things to look out for and if the on-board electronics can report the brake wear so far.

I'm assuming this is a corporate car demo (HEA package) but because of it's low mileage, I want to make sure it's also not super beat. I'm leasing the car but I also don't want to deal with all the extra possible troubles.

Thanks
Have them toss in the full maintenance package. Brakes are included for the duration.

I'm assuming they are selling this as a CPO so you will also get an extra year and miles on the factory warranty?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 12:50 AM   #3
nvez
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 GLE63s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3 View Post
Have them toss in the full maintenance package. Brakes are included for the duration.

I'm assuming they are selling this as a CPO so you will also get an extra year and miles on the factory warranty?
This is in Canada, I'm not sure we have a "full maintenance package". The car is being sold as a demo, so the warranty is starting from the in-service date which was March of 2018.

I do have a 12% discount on the MSRP of the car (and it's a lease). $1499 CAD ($1141 USD) with 0 down on 42 months.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 05:35 AM   #4
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

This is in Canada, I'm not sure we have a "full maintenance package". The car is being sold as a demo, so the warranty is starting from the in-service date which was March of 2018.

I do have a 12% discount on the MSRP of the car (and it's a lease). $1499 CAD ($1141 USD) with 0 down on 42 months.
We do have the full maintenance package. It's called service inclusive plus and does include pads and discs.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 01:12 PM   #5
ST3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Last question / suggestion. Why not 36 month lease? You want to make sure you stay within factory warranty.

If I was considering this one I would double check the numbers on the lease and if all good insist on them including the maintenance. You would only need to worry about the rubber, fuel, and any cosmetic damage for 36 months. (No other out of pocket)

Good luck and remember your only power is the ability to walk away if the deal doesn't feel right...there are plenty of good deals out there on F90s.
Appreciate 0