BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    M5 to M5C conversion, doable? Done? Who?

02-21-2019, 02:46 PM   #45
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

As I noted earlier, I'm ~6,000 miles in and I've had no issues with the ride quality. I live in WA state so potholes are a problem as are poorly constructed roads/bridge joints. My M5C's ride is noticeably more compliant than say my E63S (which has air suspension)... but that's the only "noticeable" thing that's jumped out at me from a ride quality perspective. Its ride quality isn't something I would have ever thought to bring up--it's great in the twisties, comfortable as a daily and absorbs the road defects where I live and did so on the way back from CO which is where I bought it.

Regardless, I'm throwing my M5C suspension out in favor of a very-much-needed lower aftermarket suspension. Perhaps that'll kill the ride and give me a stronger opinion one way or the other.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 02:49 PM   #46
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
As I noted earlier, I'm ~6,000 miles in and I've had no issues with the ride quality. I live in WA state so potholes are a problem as are poorly constructed roads/bridge joints. My M5C's ride is noticeably more compliant than say my E63S (which has air suspension)... but that's the only "noticeable" thing that's jumped out at me from a ride quality perspective. Its ride quality isn't something I would have ever thought to bring up--it's great in the twisties, comfortable as a daily and absorbs the road defects where I live and did so on the way back from CO which is where I bought it.

Regardless, I'm throwing my M5C suspension out in favor of a very-much-needed lower aftermarket suspension. Perhaps that'll kill the ride and give me a stronger opinion one way or the other.
There you go
Now we all know why you didn't mg the M5C suspension because even that isn't good enough for you Which means you were used to harsher suspension and by comparison this is better ?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 02:49 PM   #47
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashtag_M_Rated View Post
I have seen the same review and I actually like that he said that ! It made me happy with my choice going with "The Base Model" M5 and I also love that I have the M Sport exhaust which is a world of difference from the standard one.
// quick edit above

… OK, I'll stop now, sorry
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 02:52 PM   #48
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
There you go
Now we all know why you didn't mg the M5C suspension because even that isn't good enough for you
Errr, huh?

Quote:
Which means you were used to harsher suspension and by comparison this is better ?
Oh, yeah, possibly--the E63S is fine for undulations and track-twisties but, for potholes, it's positively spine disintegrating.
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      02-22-2019, 09:53 AM   #49
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Prediction-- changing your M5C springs to aftermarket springs will yield little to no difference in ride comfort. I changed the springs from my base M5 and noticed only the SLIGHTEST of difference.
Appreciate 0