BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Change Msport Exhaust or no ?

12-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
scarface27
Rep
Drives: None

Change Msport Exhaust or no ?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey guys

I was about to go ahead with changing my M sport exhaust from the BMW dealer (he only sells Akrapovic or AC Schnitzer) until I noticed a few posts on the sound levels being too low and not adequate. I live in Dubai and going Eisenmann or something else crazy is not an option as the dealers here are pretty much on a mission to void your car warranty at the first possible chance

I drive my M5 pretty must all the time with the transmission on D2 and everything else on sports plus. I use D3 occasionally if I really want to drive fast but I feel that for city driving D3 is just too hardcore.

Do you guys really feel a significant difference in the sound levels (in the cabin at least) when driving on these settings or you wouldn't recommend burning $10k on an after market exhaust for a minimal increase in sound ?

Appreciate your thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

You need at least 3500 kilometers on the MSPORT to break it in for sound. After that, one thing you can play with before another exhaust, fold down a section of the rear seat back. Let’s more sound into the cabin.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 05:47 PM   #3
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18 M5 FE,15 M6 GC, 12 M5,06 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface27 View Post
Hey guys

I was about to go ahead with changing my M sport exhaust from the BMW dealer (he only sells Akrapovic or AC Schnitzer) until I noticed a few posts on the sound levels being too low and not adequate. I live in Dubai and going Eisenmann or something else crazy is not an option as the dealers here are pretty much on a mission to void your car warranty at the first possible chance

I drive my M5 pretty must all the time with the transmission on D2 and everything else on sports plus. I use D3 occasionally if I really want to drive fast but I feel that for city driving D3 is just too hardcore.

Do you guys really feel a significant difference in the sound levels (in the cabin at least) when driving on these settings or you wouldn't recommend burning $10k on an after market exhaust for a minimal increase in sound ?

I had Eisenmann Race and no Akropovic.
Car came with M Sports exhaust.
Car is too well insulated to hear anything on the inside unless
You go aftermarket.
Catless down pipes make a huge difference even with stock
Exhaust. Custom X pipe also makes difference.
So those are two of the cheaper options if you don't want to
Change exhaust.
I Also have one day used Eisenmann race for sale if you interested.
I had full straight pipe setup and it was too loud.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 03:34 AM   #4
scarface27
Rep

I bought mine CPO - had 4k miles on it already
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 03:43 AM   #5
scarface27
Rep

Thanks - Eisenmann installation would definitely void my warranty unfortunately. With Akra or AC the installation would be done by the dealer (albeit in Abu Dhabi and not Dubai) even then the guys in Dubai kept putting caveats saying that if the engine is damaged because of an aftermarket exhaust BMW wont do anything
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 04:06 PM   #6
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Any part that is not Bmw voids warranty if that particular none bmw part was the cause.
Second it only voids the warranty repair on the damaged part and not entire car.
Lastly I have never heard or seen an aftermarket exhaust cause any issues.
You where saying 10k on exhaust is too much so I gave you a cheaper alternative 😉

I personally now have the Akropovic and it was too quiet until I added full catless down pipes.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 04:43 PM   #7
f90_FTW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahin View Post
I had Eisenmann Race and no Akropovic.
Car came with M Sports exhaust.
Car is too well insulated to hear anything on the inside unless
You go aftermarket.
Catless down pipes make a huge difference even with stock
Exhaust. Custom X pipe also makes difference.
So those are two of the cheaper options if you don't want to
Change exhaust.
I Also have one day used Eisenmann race for sale if you interested.
I had full straight pipe setup and it was too loud.
what kind of tips did you get for the exhaust? Also how much you selling it for?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 10:03 PM   #8
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f90_FTW View Post
what kind of tips did you get for the exhaust? Also how much you selling it for?
Black tips with stainless steel Eisenmann logo cutout in the middle.
$2900
Literally one day used

Look at member classifieds, pictures and videos of it
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 01:27 PM   #9
Steeve19M5CP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 MBB Blue M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface27 View Post
Hey guys

I also have the msport competition and when revving the burbles sound great but on sport plus acceleration it's a little too quiet even with adaptive sound......anyone put the catless downpipes on the msport and does it sound better and louder?

Last edited by Steeve19M5CP; 12-25-2018 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0