BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    2018 Motor Trend M5 Test Review (4.17.2018)

04-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #67
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndukyh View Post
People love asking for the next E39 M5. It's already here and called the F80 M3
It’s nice to see someone give the current gen m3 the respect it deserves.
Appreciate 2
elitex1233.00
duky1316.50
      04-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #68
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndukyh View Post
People love asking for the next E39 M5. It's already here and called the F80 M3
Well, not exactly. But I agree it is the closest thing on the market right now given the F80 can be had with a MT. And that's why I have both.
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 1
duky1316.50
      04-23-2018, 06:57 AM   #69
Bimmer TV
1Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i M Sport PPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
Beastly numbers! Thanks for sharing!
Monaco Blue/Coral Red | MHD BE Flash | RI M1 Bumper | VRSF 7" FMIC | aFe DCI Intake | AR Catless DP | ER CP & Tial Q BOV | H&R Springs | VMR 18" | Black Gloss Grills | aFe Air Intake Scoops | MFactory SMFW | 335is Clutch | Blacked Out Side Markers | Carbon Fiber Deck Spoiler | LUX LED Angel Eyes | BMW Aluminum Pedals | BMS OCC | Mishimoto OCC | RB Turbo External PVC Kit | JB4 w/ Wireless | PR Stage 2 Fuel Pump | BMS SSK
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #70
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
THANKS FOR SHARING!

After Car and Driver, Road and Track, TopGear, Autopista, etc,etc have tested the M5 to be quicker to 60mph and the 1/4 mile than the AMG E 63 S 4Matic+, NOW Mototrend has to pile on ! The conspiracy is broadening! Gotta love what M is doing !
CarWow did some stupid test where the M5 lost that and Merc fanbois had boners.

It was obviously a poorly executed test since the Merc keeps losing elsewhere. The M5 is the fastest sedan C&D had ever tested.
Appreciate 1
onfireX53618.50
      04-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #71
bimmer_335
Major
Rep
Drives: 540 mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
Quote:
I've read ..... next RS7.
Had to pair down the novel. 2 points:

1- I didn't own an F10 but having sat in the F90 I think its genuinely one of my favorite interiors in the business right now. I completely love it and I'm not just falling in love with multi-color lights. I can't stand the E63 interior with the big cheesy flat screen that is a shared part across basically every new mercedes. Like I said, purchasing decision will be based on personal preferences not performance and I'm happy to admit that people may disagree with me on the above.

2 - pretty sure that Audi pic is a photoshop. This is the official pic of the A7 and the back end looks dopey to me. I'm a big Audi fan so I hope it looks better in the flesh but pics are very unflattering of the rear on this car.

I agree, I've never been in love with the A7/RS7 rear end either. I wish they would just make it a little shorter. But the interior of the new A7 I am in love with and I feel is light years ahead of BMW. I've owned the F10 so long now that I really think that BMW should have taken more bold steps to make the interior different than what the G30/F90 is today. I'm not saying that I love the E63S interior either, but I do think that it is at least different enough to be exciting or polarizing at the least. Then again, I'm one of those people who love the E60 and it's interior/exterior designs, where most people hated it.

Now that the MotorTrend review is out and I've personally driven both the F90 and the E63S, I should have ended the novel with the final point of: F90 M5, Fast? Yes. Special? No. The end.

I won't make any new threads on the subject nor make any new points but only respond to threads that people have made that have a direct counterpoint to my posts for a civilized debate. Thanks for playing.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've read ..... next RS7.
Had to pair down the novel. 2 points:

1- I didn't own an F10 but having sat in the F90 I think its genuinely one of my favorite interiors in the business right now. I completely love it and I'm not just falling in love with multi-color lights. I can't stand the E63 interior with the big cheesy flat screen that is a shared part across basically every new mercedes. Like I said, purchasing decision will be based on personal preferences not performance and I'm happy to admit that people may disagree with me on the above.

2 - pretty sure that Audi pic is a photoshop. This is the official pic of the A7 and the back end looks dopey to me. I'm a big Audi fan so I hope it looks better in the flesh but pics are very unflattering of the rear on this car.

[IMG]https://hips.hearstapps.com/amv-prod...s-original.jpg[/IMG]
I agree, I've never been in love with the A7/RS7 rear end either. I wish they would just make it a little shorter. But the interior of the new A7 I am in love with and I feel is light years ahead of BMW. I've owned the F10 so long now that I really think that BMW should have taken more bold steps to make the interior different than what the G30/F90 is today. I'm not saying that I love the E63S interior either, but I do think that it is at least different enough to be exciting or polarizing at the least. Then again, I'm one of those people who love the E60 and it's interior/exterior designs, where most people hated it.

Now that the MotorTrend review is out and I've personally driven both the F90 and the E63S, I should have ended the novel with the final point of: F90 M5, Fast? Yes. Special? No. The end.

I won't make any new threads on the subject nor make any new points but only respond to threads that people have made that have a direct counterpoint to my posts for a civilized debate. Thanks for playing.
I agree that F10 was too heavy and too bulky for the road... didn't feel like a bmw regardless of the variant you got

A7 interior is nice but ergonomically plain wrong... G30 is no breakthrough in looks and styling inside out is ok. But when I was picking my 540 up I felt it was the best driving car among its competitors!!! Absolutely hate the steering but what you gonna do

As for accord... I've not driven the new variant but I hope they have taken care of the road noise issue which gets to you if you have kids in the back and a long journey ahead
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 02:28 AM   #72
hekki
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bentayga, GT3 RS

Quote:
Had to cut down the novel. 2 points:

It is interesting that you are BIG AUDI fan but you don't know difference between S-Line and non S-Line version. The black one is just S-line and the grey is regular version. There is no photoshop.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 12:21 PM   #73
tcw495
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekki View Post
It is interesting that you are BIG AUDI fan but you don't know difference between S-Line and non S-Line version. The black one is just S-line and the grey is regular version. There is no photoshop.
The black picture posted on page 1 of this thread has CLEARLY been doctored. Look how grainy the picture is and how dark the windows are tinted (they're literally painted black).

It's a doctored photo and was not an official photo released by Audi...share an official photo and then we can speculate on RS7 looks, but there aren't any official photos. They haven't even been leaked yet, and from actually speaking to my local Audi dealer, we are potentially still a year away from the arrival of new RS7s because Audi has not given out any info yet.
Appreciate 1
BwoodBMW1861.00
      05-05-2018, 08:42 PM   #74
Ash83
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i & RS5 (SOLD)/ 18 CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by walile View Post
The CTS-V might be a hoot to drive for the car journalist that doesn't own or have to pay for the car, but do a quick search with your favorite Internet search engine on the CTS-V 8-Speed GM 8L90 Automatic Transmission before you even consider one.

The problem with 8L90 transmission is not isolated to the CTS-V, the C7 Corvette and CT6 are also having problems.
Yeah do the search and you will see this was an issue in MY16 only, MY17 and MY18 has near zero issues. GM tried to cheap out with transmission oil that caused the issue.

Performance: JB4|BMW PE|DP Cosmetics: BMW Sport Pedals|Black Kidney Grill
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 10:49 PM   #75
neohh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Had to cut down the novel. 2 points:

Yuck, looks like Hyundai front with Lincoln rear. I love previous gen RS7 and the new gen A7 is very disappointing.
Appreciate 0