BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Wiring auxiliary LED lights

03-31-2020, 04:35 AM   #1
bushboy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Wiring auxiliary LED lights

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Want to add a couple of LED lights behind the front grill of my 2020 F90. Bit disappointed with the Laser LED lights setup if I'm honest - particularly the low beam. My previous M4 was way brighter! I wouldn't splash out for these. Not sure why BMW have reduced the brightness of their LED lights on the 2020 F90.

I have a set of lights, a relay with a wiretap. Wanted to tap the relay to the low beam light to bolster my low beams - any ideas how best to do this?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #2
Jakerx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
Want to add a couple of LED lights behind the front grill of my 2020 F90. Bit disappointed with the Laser LED lights setup if I'm honest - particularly the low beam. My previous M4 was way brighter! I wouldn't splash out for these. Not sure why BMW have reduced the brightness of their LED lights on the 2020 F90.

I have a set of lights, a relay with a wiretap. Wanted to tap the relay to the low beam light to bolster my low beams - any ideas how best to do this?
Well the whole "laser" thing only really works with high beams. The low beam is the same as everyone else's setup.

And when you say you're adding LED lights behind the grille, what kind of lights are you adding? If they're actually putting out anything worth using at night, they are probably not street legal and will just blind everyone else on the road.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 01:35 AM   #3
Earlando86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 and F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakerStyle View Post
Well the whole "laser" thing only really works with high beams. The low beam is the same as everyone else's setup.

And when you say you're adding LED lights behind the grille, what kind of lights are you adding? If they're actually putting out anything worth using at night, they are probably not street legal and will just blind everyone else on the road.
I was wondering the same thing about them blinding others. I hate it when people do custom lights that are way too bright.
Appreciate 0