BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    So what cars have challenged you?

08-16-2020, 07:30 PM   #111
1claire
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy33 View Post
OK today I race with Tesla S Performance (TMS Performance, 810hp, 1000Nm, new version of P100d). Results: 50:50. You can see the video in my Stories IG or later in my IG “M5 vs..”
https://www.instagram.com/bmwm5f90driver/
It seems like you had fun. How did it end?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2020, 07:09 PM   #112
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i, '18 X6M, '16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocko78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyan92 View Post
A beautiful white Charger Scat Pack - I think he had done something with his exhaust because it was loud and gorgeous sounding. I was minding my business on the highway and he blew by me. We took the same exit, came up on a light in one of the Dallas-area massive frontage roads. Needless to say he got crushed. Next light he didn't even try. Gave each other thumbs up and went our own way.
Interesting, I've raced a few Hellcats from a light and beat them to 60, they couldn't get traction. Did you take him at first and then he caught up?
A hellcat can catch you on a roll?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 06:36 AM   #113
FLF90
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFirstM5 View Post
More recently a lot of cars don't even want to compete. They're like no thanks. Which honestly is the most respect the M5 can get. Last two challenges off the line were against a Porsche 911 turbo and a Mercedes S63...the 911 gave me the better challenge but they both fell short of course. What has been your experiences.
I got throughly embarrassed by an Audi TT RS recently. Once at the light and again on a roll. Once he went WOT I just laughed at the sound and acceleration. Not stock...!. I dont know what the hell he did to it, couldn't get him to talk. But he had to have been late 60s, big old beard and huge grin.

Honesty it was fun being so throughly surprised by the little thing.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 10:58 AM   #114
Rippy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Trackhawk
CTSV
M3
Audi TT
      10-22-2022, 11:39 PM   #115
BMWJACK1999
Registered
Rep
Drives: M8

Quote:
More recently a lot of cars don't even want to compete. They're like no thanks. Which honestly is the most respect the M5 can get. Last two challenges off the line were against a Porsche 911 turbo and a Mercedes S63...the 911 gave me the better challenge but they both fell short of course. What has been your experiences.
Quote:
I can actually relate with this, it was an interesting moment competing with Porsche 911 turbo.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 06:53 AM   #116
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Should have mine next week!
There’s an aggressive DB drives a mustang in my town (very loud and loves to ride your ass) that’s going to get corrected quickly once he catches me in the M5 instead of my 06 GMC pickup lol!

Of course though if my WIFE is with me, then I’m going to get beat by a Prius!
Appreciate 2
      10-23-2022, 06:55 AM   #117
jm490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21' F90 M5c

Got challenged by a new S4 tuned stage 1 last night. It wasn't even close but fun to see how big of a smile he had on his face because of how unexpected the gap was.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 01:38 PM   #118
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRob View Post
Should have mine next week!
There's an aggressive DB drives a mustang in my town (very loud and loves to ride your ass) that's going to get corrected quickly once he catches me in the M5 instead of my 06 GMC pickup lol!

Of course though if my WIFE is with me, then I'm going to get beat by a Prius!
"Should have mine next week!"

Does this ^ mean you went the lease assumption route?!
      10-23-2022, 03:12 PM   #119
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post

Actually no, I had a loaded 21M5C pop up on autotrader at dealer with 6k miles, specced exactly how I built plus some extras like B&W, Full Leather, Driver Assistance, some carbon & the MPE! Got a deal I’m really happy with and getting delivery hopefully by next Friday!
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2022, 03:20 PM   #120
M40CCA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xdrive LCI msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosM4 View Post
Brake boosting is the best way to launch the M5. It never fails me. It is like 0.2s slower but who cares

The RS7 is definitelt slower stock vs stock but it is a more consistent launching car. So is tge E63S for that matter. Never the less would have the M5 over both any day, all day
https://youtu.be/dgu6aDEGiN0
      10-23-2022, 03:40 PM   #121
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post

Actually no, I had a loaded 21M5C pop up on autotrader at dealer with 6k miles, specced exactly how I built plus some extras like B&W, Full Leather, Driver Assistance, some carbon & the MPE! Got a deal I'm really happy with and getting delivery hopefully by next Friday!
I now remember seeing your post about it on a different thread. Wasn't sure if you had ended up going that route or lease assumption. Awesome news! Congratulations. We can't wait to see.

EDIT — Now remembering that I even commented on it, but it slipped my mind that I did, LOL.
      10-28-2022, 07:24 AM   #122
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Soccer dad driving his wife's Honda Odessey, I didn't even want to try
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 11:57 AM   #123
M5YER
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I just recently collected my F90 M5, so I’m not too versed in knowing what I have bought/ what it can do. I of course did extensive research on the car and have been wanting one for years. I came from a z32 Nissan 300zx, to a 350z N/A, to a Ford F-150 3.5 ECO. I don’t know off the top of my head what cars the F90 is faster than but I like to have a little fun.

Today, in the early morning, I was getting on the highway and there was an f82 ///M4 in front of me and I got excited. I don’t see too many M Cars in south Tx. He was making a right turn and did a nice slide into the lane. (I perked up cause I knew he wanted to play). At the time I thought he might’ve had some bolt ons at least, because of the wealth of carbon aero and GTS taillights.

I got right on his bumper the whole way onto the highway. He got into the left lane and hit it. Naturally, I hit it too and I was still behind him. Traffic was super light except for two minivans that wanted to ride each other’s doors per usual. The ///M4 started braking really hard and I just grinned because the Carbon Ceramic Brakes weren’t even pressed in a 3rd of the way. I looked over to my girl as the van got out of our way, and she had the audacity to ask me “is his car faster?” I got into the right lane with zero traffic for at least 5+ minutes down the road. I dropped to 3rd as we were doing about 80. I let him take the hit, and I smashed out. I pulled buses on him before I let off at 148. My girl then asked, “where did he go?” I said “oh he’s still coming” as I dropped down to the speed limit.

That made me feel amazing because I never really put the car through its paces and I have the M drivers package and want to see if there was really no governor*. The reality set in that I better relax, so I never got past the 155 cars are usually governed at.
Appreciate 2
      10-12-2023, 10:47 PM   #124
hunter8793
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5YER View Post
I just recently collected my F90 M5, so I’m not too versed in knowing what I have bought/ what it can do. I of course did extensive research on the car and have been wanting one for years. I came from a z32 Nissan 300zx, to a 350z N/A, to a Ford F-150 3.5 ECO. I don’t know off the top of my head what cars the F90 is faster than but I like to have a little fun.

Today, in the early morning, I was getting on the highway and there was an f82 ///M4 in front of me and I got excited. I don’t see too many M Cars in south Tx. He was making a right turn and did a nice slide into the lane. (I perked up cause I knew he wanted to play). At the time I thought he might’ve had some bolt ons at least, because of the wealth of carbon aero and GTS taillights.

I got right on his bumper the whole way onto the highway. He got into the left lane and hit it. Naturally, I hit it too and I was still behind him. Traffic was super light except for two minivans that wanted to ride each other’s doors per usual. The ///M4 started braking really hard and I just grinned because the Carbon Ceramic Brakes weren’t even pressed in a 3rd of the way. I looked over to my girl as the van got out of our way, and she had the audacity to ask me “is his car faster?” I got into the right lane with zero traffic for at least 5+ minutes down the road. I dropped to 3rd as we were doing about 80. I let him take the hit, and I smashed out. I pulled buses on him before I let off at 148. My girl then asked, “where did he go?” I said “oh he’s still coming” as I dropped down to the speed limit.

That made me feel amazing because I never really put the car through its paces and I have the M drivers package and want to see if there was really no governor*. The reality set in that I better relax, so I never got past the 155 cars are usually governed at.
Welcome to the club
The power is pretty nice lol
Be safe out there.

Post pics of your new car if you can.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 05:15 PM   #125
RoninF90
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5C

Range Rover SVR, surprisingly.

I let him believe…just for a few moments. I’m a generous guy : )

After we got to considerable speeds, I couldn’t get the charade go on. Hammer down. Goodbye!!
Appreciate 2
DarkM518.00
      03-23-2024, 08:03 AM   #126
S EyeLand
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C

I find a lot of Tesla owners thinking they own a Plaid. They don't understand their Model 3 is a turd. They are most often the ones obnoxiously riding my tail. The other night I gave in around the on ramp to the Goethels bridge. I absolutely ravaged it. Next thing I know they moved over to the right lane and no longer wanted to tailgate. Normally I refuse to "race" anything.
Appreciate 1
DarkM518.00
      03-23-2024, 02:06 PM   #127
DarkM5
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by S EyeLand View Post
I find a lot of Tesla owners thinking they own a Plaid. They don't understand their Model 3 is a turd. They are most often the ones obnoxiously riding my tail. The other night I gave in around the on ramp to the Goethels bridge. I absolutely ravaged it. Next thing I know they moved over to the right lane and no longer wanted to tailgate. Normally I refuse to "race" anything.
had a young lady pull up to a light with me in her new model 3 awhile back, she told me how fast it was. lol asked if she wanted to go from the light and it was on. tapped the brakes at about 80 and she blasted on past and never looked over. lol
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 02:29 PM   #128
S EyeLand
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkM5 View Post
had a young lady pull up to a light with me in her new model 3 awhile back, she told me how fast it was. lol asked if she wanted to go from the light and it was on. tapped the brakes at about 80 and she blasted on past and never looked over. lol
Lol yup sounds about right. All the non P90d or lesser Teslas are the new pests of the road. When I bought my first M3 back in 2010 ish the G35 was the ultimate pest. I learned to let it go for the most part. I never see a fast Tesla out there just the pests that think they have a Plaid bc of Youtube.
Appreciate 1
DarkM518.00
      03-25-2024, 12:12 PM   #129
DarkM5
Rep

I've only seen 1 plaid on the road, they are cool but I prefer the quality of my Beemer. Plus if I feel the need for that kind of acceleration I'll just get on one of my crotch rockets
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:12 PM   #130
DarkM5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S EyeLand View Post
Lol yup sounds about right. All the non P90d or lesser Teslas are the new pests of the road. When I bought my first M3 back in 2010 ish the G35 was the ultimate pest. I learned to let it go for the most part. I never see a fast Tesla out there just the pests that think they have a Plaid bc of Youtube.
was challenged by a Cadillac Lyriq today at a light, didn't know what to expect. lol what a turd for an electric car
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:22 AM   #131
S EyeLand
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkM5 View Post
was challenged by a Cadillac Lyriq today at a light, didn't know what to expect. lol what a turd for an electric car
Haha most electrics are heavy slow turds, Taycans and Plaids are few and far between.
Appreciate 0