BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Losing connection to apps?

12-18-2020, 09:20 AM   #1
Jamesmick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 Azurite Black

Losing connection to apps?

Another random and intermittent issue I've noticed is that my car sometimes refuses to load or connect with apps on my phone (iPhone).

What typically happens is that when I start it up after not having driven it for a while (in the morning or weeks later), all apps show up (spotify, pandora, audible, etc.) and the car will connect to any of them.

I then drive to the office, around town, etc. and leave the car off for an hour or several hours. When I get back in, the car will not load any of the apps and therefore won't connect to any of them. They don't even show up as options in the menu.

To play any music or anything else from my phone I have to connect to the phone and then play through the phone (which sometimes introduces a delay of up to 3-5 seconds from the song being displayed in the car and the music/whatever being played).

Has anyone else noticed this oddity? Any ideas on what might be causing it or how to make it connect more consistently? It's always a crapshoot when I get in as to whether the car feels like it is going to connect or not. LOL.
2003 530i (retired)
2000 C32 AMG (retired)
Appreciate 0