BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    2022 M5 CS Ordering Guide & Pricing Guide

02-10-2021, 03:45 PM   #45
Belugs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i, 2012 528i

Garage List
The dashboard design is too outdated IMO for a car that costs so much. Should have redesigned the dashboard for a different look from current 5 series model. Bucket seats is a really nice touch!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 07:57 PM   #46
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belugs View Post
The dashboard design is too outdated IMO for a car that costs so much. Should have redesigned the dashboard for a different look from current 5 series model. Bucket seats is a really nice touch!
What's it supposed to look like.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 08:12 PM   #47
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
But isn't there laser lights offered on most if not all other BMW models? I think if they are listed in the US order guide they will be available. Maybe they will be turned way down. I wish BMW would put out an official response on this, such as why there are no laser lights on the base M5 or M5 Competition in the US.
This has been discussed as nauseam. The design of the 5 series head light with laser light does not comply with US dot laws.

So for it to be available now it would have to be a redesign or as mentioned they're not active. Although I find that unlikely as they appear to be the same headlight as other 2021 with yellow led. And if that were the case then the 5 series and M5 would also be the same as the euro model headlights just with laser light turned off which it's not.

So I'm leaning toward slight redesign.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 08:48 AM   #48
M3ditate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ALL of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ditate View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel486 View Post
Quote:
I wonder how the laser lights are on the CS in the US but not on other 5 series cars. I think the reason they are not available in the US has to do with a DOT regulation and the design of the 5 series laser light. Maybe they changed the design for the CS so it complies with the regulations.
Just looking at the picture, I dont see any sign of the laser light, they are usually located on the eyebrow in blue color, perhaps BMW made laser light in black for CS.
Probably included because of the yellow signature light for the CS, but laser feature disabled for US, same as with new M3/4... you get them in the US, but no laser feature enabled.

Laser high beam can reach up to 600M distance, the default high beam is around 350m...and the US regulations are apparently not allowing the use uf laser light for now, so it is simply turned off on cars, as it is only an extension to the default high beam, otherwise just default LED
Where did you get this information?
Which one do you mean exactly?
Basically everything except for the word yellow, is incorrect
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #49
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Well, your post is very helpful...well done!
So you apparently know better, but funny enough you just write, everything is incorrect. So then include what is incorrect and why.....

- M3/M4 can be ordered with laser lights > what is incorrect here?
- Laser light sources > Check here, Check here, Check here
- And here how those light work > Check here

So happy to hear from you, what is incorrect on my post...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 10:51 PM   #50
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel486 View Post
Quote:
I wonder how the laser lights are on the CS in the US but not on other 5 series cars. I think the reason they are not available in the US has to do with a DOT regulation and the design of the 5 series laser light. Maybe they changed the design for the CS so it complies with the regulations.
Just looking at the picture, I dont see any sign of the laser light, they are usually located on the eyebrow in blue color, perhaps BMW made laser light in black for CS.
Probably included because of the yellow signature light for the CS, but laser feature disabled for US, same as with new M3/4... you get them in the US, but no laser feature enabled.

Laser high beam can reach up to 600M distance, the default high beam is around 350m...and the US regulations are apparently not allowing the use uf laser light for now, so it is simply turned off on cars, as it is only an extension to the default high beam, otherwise just default LED
laser lights do work in the US but their output it limited vs in the EU. I have them on my X5 and they do actually work. Where did you read about BMW disabling the laser high high beam? (yes that high high is intentional stated). Now, if you mean the always on high beams that have anti dazzle, those are disabled in the US but not the laser lights.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
Dr.Deep1827.00
      02-11-2021, 11:05 PM   #51
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
does anyone know what the lease numbers look like on these? Getting one over the G80 M3 Comp is a possibility
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 04:47 AM   #52
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
laser lights do work in the US but their output it limited vs in the EU. I have them on my X5 and they do actually work. Where did you read about BMW disabling the laser high high beam? (yes that high high is intentional stated). Now, if you mean the always on high beams that have anti dazzle, those are disabled in the US but not the laser lights.
Ahh okey, I did not read they are disabled, my assumption was they are, as they did not make available the laser lights on the M5 before, so I thought they include them on the M5CS but disabled laser on them.

But very confusing, some reports say laser lights are not allowed, then again they have reduced reach....anyway, thanks for clarification!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 09:27 AM   #53
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Ahh okey, I did not read they are disabled, my assumption was they are, as they did not make available the laser lights on the M5 before, so I thought they include them on the M5CS but disabled laser on them.

But very confusing, some reports say laser lights are not allowed, then again they have reduced reach....anyway, thanks for clarification!
yes they do actually work, I posted a image showing them in action via the G05 subforum. I think it was on the from page at one point. The range is great, just not EU great. here's the link for context https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1592918

I'm highly considering getting the M5 CS once I figure out a few things and can get a slot. Of course I need to run it by the wife too my only concern is the frozen paint is a pain for maintenance without wrapping it
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 09:50 AM   #54
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
yes they do actually work, I posted a image showing them in action via the G05 subforum. I think it was on the from page at one point. The range is great, just not EU great. here's the link for context https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1592918

I'm highly considering getting the M5 CS once I figure out a few things and can get a slot. Of course I need to run it by the wife too my only concern is the frozen paint is a pain for maintenance without wrapping it
Cool, thanks for the other post

Yeah, the M5CS looks very good!! Maintenance is not that hard nowdays compared to normal colors, a friend of mine ha a frozen paint, you don't have to watch out on more things than usual, at least for normal maintenance like washing and so on...
Only thing to consider is scratches and chips as it can get very costly to repair such things, as they have to paint much more of the car than with usual paints. But if you anyway cover it with a wrap, should be good to go
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 10:40 AM   #55
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Cool, thanks for the other post

Yeah, the M5CS looks very good!! Maintenance is not that hard nowdays compared to normal colors, a friend of mine ha a frozen paint, you don't have to watch out on more things than usual, at least for normal maintenance like washing and so on...
Only thing to consider is scratches and chips as it can get very costly to repair such things, as they have to paint much more of the car than with usual paints. But if you anyway cover it with a wrap, should be good to go
I live in an area with a lot of dust, rocks and what not so I'd need to wrap it in matte XPEL, otherwise it would be bad. you can't touch up frozen paints. I'm waiting to hear back to see if I can get an allocation and what numbers will look like before I ask the wife
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 10:43 AM   #56
M3ditate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ALL of them

Quote:
Quote:
Well, your post is very helpful...well done!
So you apparently know better, but funny enough you just write, everything is incorrect. So then include what is incorrect and why.....

- M3/M4 can be ordered with laser lights > what is incorrect here?
- Laser light sources > Check here, Check here, Check here
- And here how those light work > Check here

So happy to hear from you, what is incorrect on my post...
Laser lights in Europe go out to 3000 ft and can actually split the beam around cars, which isn't legal here in the US. We're limited at 1000 ft, high beam only with headlights on auto, over 45 miles per hour. This goes for ALL the cars in the US with laser lights. We have different regulations, but we still have lasers.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 12:15 PM   #57
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Has anyone locked down an order? I heard from one store allocations are limited but another told me they are built to order with no limits. I am trying to find out which is accurate before anything. The store which claimed limited allocations wanted a $20K markup
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #58
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Has anyone locked down an order? I heard from one store allocations are limited but another told me they are built to order with no limits. I am trying to find out which is accurate before anything. The store which claimed limited allocations wanted a $20K markup
Everything I've seen says that they are limited to one model year, but not limited in quantity. However, I'm not sure how it all plays out with allocations.

Hopefully they will be able to build one for every customer that actually wants one this year.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 05:48 PM   #59
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Quote:
Everything I've seen says that they are limited to one model year, but not limited in quantity. However, I'm not sure how it all plays out with allocations.

Hopefully they will be able to build one for every customer that actually wants one this year.
I'm waiting for an answer from my friend at a store back east. I've heard the same but you know how dealers can be sometimes. I get they want to make money but I'm also not the type of person to pay sticker on a car. best offer I've had is $1000 over invoice which will be the route I take if I go through with the CS
Appreciate 1
Ex_Stig2562.50
      02-13-2021, 08:24 PM   #60
John-M007
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 Comp

Laser Lights - US 5 Series

Does anyone knows as to why the U.S. market 5 Series is not getting the Laser Lights? Not a single dealer can order the lights. Yet, the 3 series, 7 and 8, X4, X5, X6,, and X7 has the Laser Lights.

Also, the BMW USA has taken away the automatic soft close doors, 4-zone climate control from the 5 Series, and does not allow the touch control climate control being installed in the 5 series, while all the countries which are part of North America in Europe and the Middle East gets them as standard item.

Also, no recorder is available for the 5 Series in the USA.

It seemed like the older your G30 is, the more equipped and options your 5 Series have or received.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 10:27 AM   #61
ucla95
Striker
Rep
Drives: Slow cars

To continue the discussion on the allocations. My medium sized dealer is getting 2 this summer, but has no idea if they'll be able to get more after that or not.
Appreciate 1
Ex_Stig2562.50
      03-06-2021, 01:13 PM   #62
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
To continue the discussion on the allocations. My medium sized dealer is getting 2 this summer, but has no idea if they'll be able to get more after that or not.
If allocations are only given out once a month, how did they find out that they are getting theirs this summer? I thought dealers didn't get more than one month notice?

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 07:36 PM   #63
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

a dealer said to me this car probably wont be leaseable.

anyone heard that?

bad idea if this thing isn't leaseable.. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 08:24 PM   #64
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post

anyone heard that?

I think it would be a good idea for the owners if the car is not available for lease and also make it available only through special order. No pre-ordered cars sitting on lots. Maybe it will not add much to the bottom line, but would make the car more special for the owners.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 09:17 AM   #65
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post

anyone heard that?

My sales guy knows that I lease all my cars and hasn't mentioned anything like that. Honestly, I doubt BMW would do that again after how poorly it went over when they tried that with the M3CS.

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 08:12 AM   #66
Next Level Auto Brokers
Captain
Rep
Drives: M car specialist

lease program isn't out for the CS or any 2022 model so we won't know until next month or so.

CS allocation is out now! They are doing it in 2 allocations ...July and November
Appreciate 1
Ex_Stig2562.50