BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    need some help with my new CS plz

02-26-2023, 04:42 PM   #1
m5csss
Registered
Rep
Drives: btw m5 cs

need some help with my new CS plz

Hey there,
I recently purchased an m5 cs euro spec and imported it to Lebanon. I asked the dealership here if I can get rid of the OPF because the sound is very low. They said the warranty will be void.
I know a guy that owns a garage. he removed the OPF of an Aston Vantage f1 edition. The dealership didn't notice it when he went to service the car because it turns out maybe Aston did not put a sensor there. And when I say removing the OPF is actually taking out the filter inside but leaving the outer frame as it is.

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible for me to do the same without the dealership noticing it. It would be great to have some feedback thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 05:26 PM   #2
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5csss View Post
Hey there,
I recently purchased an m5 cs euro spec and imported it to Lebanon. I asked the dealership here if I can get rid of the OPF because the sound is very low. They said the warranty will be void.
I know a guy that owns a garage. he removed the OPF of an Aston Vantage f1 edition. The dealership didn't notice it when he went to service the car because it turns out maybe Aston did not put a sensor there. And when I say removing the OPF is actually taking out the filter inside but leaving the outer frame as it is.

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible for me to do the same without the dealership noticing it. It would be great to have some feedback thanks
First off, very cool importing to Lebanon. Mabrouk!

We’ve seen bigger issues than your concern about whether your dealer will notice it with some of the Euro guys removing OPF.

Here’s a helpful thread. This was on an M5C, but I’d imagine you’d have the same issues. I don’t see how the car wouldn’t throw a CEL, which your dealer would likely want to diagnose and ultimately find out.

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1672693
      02-26-2023, 07:25 PM   #3
LouK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram TRX F90 M5

The “entire” warranty cannot be voided by a single thing.
Example, you delete the opf and take the car in for the heated seat function not working. No issue

You delete opf and have a tune. Bring the car in for drivability issues, dealer could just blame the tune.
Appreciate 0