BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Racechip XLR Pedal Control

12-24-2022, 08:00 AM   #1
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Racechip XLR Pedal Control

Anyone running it, thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 10:07 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Do you have a specific question on this mod?

It's reliable and does what it's supposed to do by adjusting the throttle response; it makes the car more responsive but does not add power.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 07:38 PM   #3
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

What is the goal? Is Sport Plus engine response and Level 3 trans response not enough? There are tunes for the engine and trans that will make both more aggressive. I have both. No interest in a pedal enhancer that adds no power.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2022, 07:03 AM   #4
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Yeah, I had one on my X5M50i and actually liked it because I thought the throttle response was too slow. Just was curious if anyone felt it offered any benefit on this platform as it obviously already has better response factory. Probably not worth it all actually
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2022, 08:45 PM   #5
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
I found them useful on non M cars. Not so much on M cars.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 06:20 AM   #6
ndkicker
NDKICKER20
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
I have a 23’ M5c. I have Miesterschaft exhaust with x-pipe, Dinan turbo inlets, BMC drop in and carbon filter delete. I got the RaceChip GTS black and the XLR. The GTS came in 1st from Ben @R33_rgsport. Ben programmed it and I set it to map 7. The change was very noticeable. I had a permanent smile on my face. 1 week later, I got the XLR in the mail. Ben told me not to run the XLR on #6-7. He said it’s too responsive and the transmission will feel jerky. I didn’t listen and put the XLR at #7. It was a mess. I felt like I was shaking in a blender. I am now on setting # 5. It’s still responsive but it’s now a smoother transition. The XLR in #6-7 made the car feel like it didn’t want to stop excelerating while in D3 transmission mode. If I excelerated to 50mph in a 40mph zone. The car got jerky because I hit 50mph at 5000rpm in 3rd gear and the car “wanted” me to keep excelerating. When I wanted to slow down, the car would “shake”. I have notice if I force the car to upshift manually to 4th gear, the skating would stop. In XLR setting #5, it’s not as jerky if I layoff the throttle mid-gear .

I would recommend the RaceChip GTS black all day. I do like the RaceChip XLR in #4-5, But it’s been a learning experience.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13053.00
      03-08-2023, 07:34 PM   #7
Jambo1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C /// 2023 XDrive40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndkicker View Post
I have a 23’ M5c. I have Miesterschaft exhaust with x-pipe, Dinan turbo inlets, BMC drop in and carbon filter delete. I got the RaceChip GTS black and the XLR. The GTS came in 1st from Ben @R33_rgsport. Ben programmed it and I set it to map 7. The change was very noticeable. I had a permanent smile on my face. 1 week later, I got the XLR in the mail. Ben told me not to run the XLR on #6-7. He said it’s too responsive and the transmission will feel jerky. I didn’t listen and put the XLR at #7. It was a mess. I felt like I was shaking in a blender. I am now on setting # 5. It’s still responsive but it’s now a smoother transition. The XLR in #6-7 made the car feel like it didn’t want to stop excelerating while in D3 transmission mode. If I excelerated to 50mph in a 40mph zone. The car got jerky because I hit 50mph at 5000rpm in 3rd gear and the car “wanted” me to keep excelerating. When I wanted to slow down, the car would “shake”. I have notice if I force the car to upshift manually to 4th gear, the skating would stop. In XLR setting #5, it’s not as jerky if I layoff the throttle mid-gear .

I would recommend the RaceChip GTS black all day. I do like the RaceChip XLR in #4-5, But it’s been a learning experience.
Regarding your piggyback tune, this is encouraging to hear. Given us LCI guys cannot do an ECU tune (understood about Femto), there were some LCI owners stating their piggybacks had no effect at all.

In your opinion, is there a significant difference in acceleration and power delivery with GTS?
Reventon Splitter /// Reventon Diffuser /// Addlights M Door LEDs /// Dinan Inlets /// Gentleman's Switch /// Paddleshifterz With Piano Black Steering Wheel Trim /// Charcoal Filter Delete /// Piano Black Side Skirts /// Funk Motorsports Turbo Blankets
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13053.00
      03-08-2023, 08:40 PM   #8
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo1 View Post
Regarding your piggyback tune, this is encouraging to hear. Given us LCI guys cannot do an ECU tune (understood about Femto), there were some LCI owners stating their piggybacks had no effect at all.

In your opinion, is there a significant difference in acceleration and power delivery with GTS?
I know this question wasn’t meant for me, but with a GTS Black in two M5s now, the difference it makes in pull is violent. I am mechanically bone stock aside from the RC. I’ve never even had the need to use launch control. Both cars have been launched exactly 0 times.

I have mentioned here the car is no fun to drive anymore without it. I stand by the product so much that I used to uninstall all of it before leaving my house for the dealership when I was going in for service, but now, I pull over two blocks before the dealership and remove it there instead so I don’t have endure ~30 minutes of driving without it.

After service, I stop in the same spot, reinstall it again, and then continue my drive home. Even just the combined one hour-ish total without it is torturous.

There is a reason that so many people here have it, wherever their car falls on the spectrum of bone stock (like me) to extremely highly modified. Everyone sees a benefit no matter what the rest of their setup (or lack thereof) is. Hands down one of the best ROI mods out there for the F90 platform. The gains are moderate compared to aggressive flash tunes of course, but safe and typically not detectable without a deeper dive. (That’s another point for other threads that have gone over this ad nauseum — I don’t mean to spark that debate here).

Get it from Ben @ r33_RGSport. He’ll make sure you’re super satisfied and you won’t have to wait for shipping from Germany. He even reprogrammed my RC (remotely!) so that I could use the one purchased for my base pre-LCI in my LCI Comp.
Jambo1257.50