BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    M5 Comp sound system acting funny

10-20-2020, 10:20 AM   #1
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
M5 Comp sound system acting funny

OK hope I’m not imagining this but having had the 7series prior to the M5 I have noticed something odd with the fader on the M5, if you fade to the rear the rear door speakers turn off and the sound from the rear desk is barely audible but when you fade to the middle the rear door speakers come on again... surely this isn’t right?

The 7series isn’t like this so I’m assuming there’s something a miss with my M5.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #2
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
OK hope I’m not imagining this but having had the 7series prior to the M5 I have noticed something odd with the fader on the M5, if you fade to the rear the rear door speakers turn off and the sound from the rear desk is barely audible but when you fade to the middle the rear door speakers come on again... surely this isn’t right?

The 7series isn’t like this so I’m assuming there’s something a miss with my M5.
It depends on your other settings.
I remember one of them for example concert, or studio. Does not play sound in the rear door speakers. try a different setting then fade and see.
Appreciate 0