BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    After the software update the car now feels.....

03-23-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
bluem2
Private
Rep
Drives: lbb m2

After the software update the car now feels.....

Hi guys 3 weeks ago I had a drive train error
Sent the car in the get it checked and also the 10 k service. I have the Remus cat back exhaust. I thought it may be related. But the techs actually had no idea what was wrong and what to do. Last thing they tried was to remove all the excess grease and oil on the injectors , coils and plugs and so far the error hasn’t come back.

However after driving the car for a few minutes to now after a few days since getting back the car, the car feels very sluggish at times and very dumb. Previously when coasting and slowing down to a speed bump the car would drop gears automatically at a very timely and fast fashion. Now when I drive the same route with the same driving style the gear would be slow to drop and at times be at 6 th or 7 th gear when at 30-40 kp/h.

I was notified that the car had an update when it went through the regular service. Has anyone had a service recently or had the software update that has a similar experience? The car definitely didn’t drive like before and felt less powerful. When I checked the sport display, at full throstle going through the gears the indicator would be maxed at around the 540 hp mark instead of the previous 600

A bit puzzled
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 05:10 AM   #2
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

That doesnt sound right, or very good. I would definitely take the car back, and explain your concerns, and see what they can do ?, keep us informed.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 04:15 PM   #3
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
That doesnt sound right, or very good. I would definitely take the car back, and explain your concerns, and see what they can do ?, keep us informed.
+1
Appreciate 0