BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Eventuri Intake BMW F90 M5

03-07-2019, 02:55 PM   #23
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
The best quality no doubt about it.

The fit and finish is absolutely spectacular.
      03-07-2019, 10:38 PM   #24
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Did you guys change anything in terms of design of the intakes so they can handle winter weather?? My last Eventuri intake for S55 let in a lot of dirt in through your filters. Thankfully nothing happened to my turbos, but I'm still sceptical about your intakes for my F90 M5
Attached Images

Last edited by euro*; 03-07-2019 at 10:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2019, 12:50 AM   #25
///M TOWN
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro* View Post
Did you guys change anything in terms of design of the intakes so they can handle winter weather?? My last Eventuri intake for S55 let in a lot of dirt in through your filters. Thankfully nothing happened to my turbos, but I'm still sceptical about your intakes for my F90 M5
Great question actually.

Having dirt on the intake side is 100% normal.

You will notice the other side of the filters are perfectly clean, so nothing gets through to your turbos.
      03-08-2019, 03:14 AM   #26
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

The filter material has been ISO tested http://www.eventuri.net/filters/
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #27
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN. View Post
Quote:
Great question actually.

You will notice the other side of the filters are perfectly clean, so nothing gets through to your turbos.
The issue with mine was that I had a lot of dirt on the inside actually. The filter metal disintegrated/rusted and was letting everything in. I still should have these filters at my work, I can post more photos, but I'm sure it won't be a good look.

I want to know what changed in the past 2 years in terms of the filters. Are they now guaranteed not to rust and let dust and dirt in?? And what will happen if it does happen again, what's eventuri warranty like in this situation??
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2019, 12:08 PM   #28
BMWiltshire
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 440i M-Sport+ MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
The filter material has been ISO tested http://www.eventuri.net/filters/
I had my heart set on getting an Eventuri for my 440i but have been told there are issues with oil from the filter getting onto the MAF sensor over time, and that a few months after install I'd probably be having to replace it. This is from someone who works on mid range (like my 440i) to very high end (McLaren, etc) cars for a living and has apparently seen this happen previously on more than one occasion.

Do you do a dry filter option? I would still love to get one of these if so as they look cool af and sound amazing
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #29
///M TOWN
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Great question actually.

The issue with mine was that I had a lot of dirt on the inside actually. The filter metal disintegrated/rusted and was letting everything in. I still should have these filters at my work, I can post more photos, but I'm sure it won't be a good look.

I want to know what changed in the past 2 years in terms of the filters. Are they now guaranteed not to rust and let dust and dirt in?? And what will happen if it does happen again, what's eventuri warranty like in this situation??
Sound like a bad seal from what you're describing.

I found this same issue using a HKS filter on my first tuned car, and switched to another style because it scared the crap out of me.
      03-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #30
EvenKeel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Top quality - to acquire one; simply donate one testicle for each side of the intake.
Appreciate 4
      03-09-2019, 08:11 PM   #31
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 15 X5, 14 335

So what the HP gain per $ spent here? When I see IND hyping this type of product I immediately get skeptical on the markup.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 10:52 PM   #32
F90BSM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProperBimmer View Post
So what the HP gain per $ spent here? When I see IND hyping this type of product I immediately get skeptical on the markup.
I don't think we are expecting this to increase our hp. I'd not expect an intake alone to help with hp increase without doing other mods to the vehicle. I believe their testing showed a .22 of a second faster 60-130 mph.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 01:45 AM   #33
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90BSM5 View Post
Quote:
I don't think we are expecting this to increase our hp. I'd not expect an intake alone to help with hp increase without doing other mods to the vehicle. I believe their testing showed a .22 of a second faster 60-130 mph.
Ok so how much was this intake? Let's assume over 2k for example.....so slightly negligible power gain, just a sound gain???
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 01:54 AM   #34
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok so how much was this intake? Let's assume over 2k for example.....so slightly negligible power gain, just a sound gain???
That's what most bolt ones are truthfully... Slightest of performance gains but maximum sound gains... You definitely get a slight increase in throttle feel with the eventuri though, but that could also be placebo... What isn't placebo is the sound it makes and definitely increase exhaust sound as well...

But it is precisely that... Sound mod... Can't even say visual mod because who's looking under her skirt??
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2019, 01:07 PM   #35
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's what most bolt ones are truthfully... Slightest of performance gains but maximum sound gains... You definitely get a slight increase in throttle feel with the eventuri though, but that could also be placebo... What isn't placebo is the sound it makes and definitely increase exhaust sound as well...

But it is precisely that... Sound mod... Can't even say visual mod because who's looking under her skirt??
Gotcha, I mean the thing looks amazing but why waste money on a kid that yields nothing?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 10:57 PM   #36
Austin_2019_X5_50i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i G05

Quote:
Do you realize if you timed (100) 60-130mph runs, each one would differ about .5 seconds at the very least from each other every time??? To show that an intake unit is any benefit/mistake modification to the vehicle it would have to read at least .5 seconds (at the least) every run.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 11:05 PM   #37
F90BSM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_2019_X5_50i View Post
Quote:
Do you realize if you timed (100) 60-130mph runs, each one would differ about .5 seconds at the very least from each other every time??? To show that an intake unit is any benefit/mistake modification to the vehicle it would have to read at least .5 seconds (at the least) every run.
A good intake unit in my opinion has never showed to be a mistake to the vehicle when used properly. I have not done 100 runs to test all of that and can't comment on that portion of your statement nor do I know that they will all differ by .5, but I was just being a messenger of what Eventuri states on their site about improvements. They do explain the details of their testing however. I am personally not a fan of open box intakes under the hood by engine bay. You just open yourself to bear soaking at the end of the day, which in my opinion their current F90 design is. Only time will tell though so we shall see.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 02:06 AM   #38
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gotcha, I mean the thing looks amazing but why waste money on a kid that yields nothing?
I feel like this is subjective and that question can be applied to just about every item in existence, lol... People probably question why we spend the extra cash on a glorified 5 series... Some people find the value in a M5, some people don't... Some people find value in an Eventuri intake system, some people don't...
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2019, 02:10 PM   #39
Austin_2019_X5_50i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i G05

Quote:
I feel like this is subjective and that question can be applied to just about every item in existence, lol... People probably question why we spend the extra cash on a glorified 5 series... Some people find the value in a M5, some people don't... Some people find value in an Eventuri intake system, some people don't...
Well what kind of intake would be the best for me to get for my ‘19 X5 50i? I just got it tuned so it’s 545awhp. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! However I don’t think anyone has started sellling them..? If you know of anyone, or anyone that can do a custom intake please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 04:13 PM   #40
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_2019_X5_50i View Post
Quote:
Well what kind of intake would be the best for me to get for my ‘19 X5 50i? I just got it tuned so it’s 545awhp. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! However I don’t think anyone has started sellling them..? If you know of anyone, or anyone that can do a custom intake please let me know.
Truthfully, BMW nailed the stock intake system. Some of us found that swapping out the box actually caused the vehicle to LOSE power, albeit not by much but a loss is a loss...

Without checking your options for the X5, I have a feeling that options may be limited. You would be fine removing charcoal adding drop in - in my opinion... It's not a vehicle that gets modded as frequently as the non X versions... Forum members are the exception to the norm - SUV's are vehicles heavily marketed to soccer moms... Its the children chariot... Don't get me wrong, many a times I've been tempted by X5M but think I'll wait until offspring / dogs etc...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 06:30 PM   #41
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ohhhh man, no difference if you install carbon fiber engine cover. It will cost you $$$ and it just looks nice.
It's not about performance gains as much as is the sound.
I was the first one to install and will do on every car I own just because i love the sound and the look.
For most people that can effort this expensive car, can probably chip in for mods
      03-14-2019, 08:10 PM   #42
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ohhhh man, no difference if you install carbon fiber engine cover. It will cost you $$$ and it just looks nice.
I was the first one to install and will do on every car I own just because i love the sound and the look.
For most people that can effort this expensive car, can probably chip in for mods
Affordability has nothing to do with it.....m5 owners have over 115k in the car, mod cost probably isn't considered, mod effectiveness obviously isn't either!!

So we're saying here that this intake (which I'm now estimating at $3k) does nothing for performance, looks pretty, and now from what I'm seeing and hearing here, negligibly increases "intake sound" a bit? Is everybody aware the cost of engineering carbon fiber products and making those parts has gone tremendously down in the past 10 years? Or is this just the never ending Ultimate BMW Tax at play?
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2019, 03:48 AM   #43
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Affordability has nothing to do with it.....m5 owners have over 115k in the car, mod cost probably isn't considered, mod effectiveness obviously isn't either!!

So we're saying here that this intake (which I'm now estimating at $3k) does nothing for performance, looks pretty, and now from what I'm seeing and hearing here, negligibly increases "intake sound" a bit? Is everybody aware the cost of engineering carbon fiber products and making those parts has gone tremendously down in the past 10 years? Or is this just the never ending Ultimate BMW Tax at play?
Some people reach for Grey Goose and others will reach for Stoli... Some might find it absurd that one would pay more for what they believe is inferior vodka but shit, I kinda view it as this... End of the day, does it really matter? Why do I want to waste what little time we all have left on this planet worried about why the fuck somebody bought/wore/ate/did/believed in/or fucked? It's an endless debate that can never be settled nor won... Basically, it's just - it is what it is...

Oooorrrr, it could just be a prime example of supply and demand... There's a demand for it, they supplied it, and if you want it, you bought it...

These are all just my opinions of course...
Appreciate 2
      03-16-2019, 03:38 AM   #44
MPerformance
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Quote:
Sound like a bad seal from what you're describing.

I found this same issue using a HKS filter on my first tuned car, and switched to another style because it scared the crap out of me.
Do you suggest getting the eventuri intake? After hearing all these potential issues?
Appreciate 0