BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT    RaceChip ?

01-10-2021, 12:42 PM   #1
2indapink
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

RaceChip ?

Has any ran the RaceChip on their car? Want to do a tune. Trying to get some feedback.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 05:43 PM   #2
Rctorre
///M Addict
Rep
Drives: 19 M5c DG/SS 19m4cs 22 m3c x

I have RaceChip black. you can change tune through Bluetooth. Works great no issues or glitches very simple install and..... you feel a big difference. Short story; coming back from Home Depot 5 bags of salt for water softener and was pulling on a huracan from a roll with it in kill mode. Get BMC filters too
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2021, 07:41 AM   #3
2indapink
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rctorre View Post
I have RaceChip black. you can change tune through Bluetooth. Works great no issues or glitches very simple install and..... you feel a big difference. Short story; coming back from Home Depot 5 bags of salt for water softener and was pulling on a huracan from a roll with it in kill mode. Get BMC filters too
Sweet! I just got the eventuri v2
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 09:19 AM   #4
2indapink
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is it true you can only change between modes when the engine is off?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 07:37 PM   #5
Rctorre
///M Addict
Rep
Drives: 19 M5c DG/SS 19m4cs 22 m3c x

If you get the black series you can do it on the fly with car running and driving.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 07:39 AM   #6
2indapink
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you get the black series you can do it on the fly with car running and driving.
ok. i was reading their manual & had a section that said "for safety reasons your allowed to change the map tunes when car is is on with engine off".
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 07:59 AM   #7
FloridaM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp RWD

Garage List
  [5.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2indapink View Post
Quote:
ok. i was reading their manual & had a section that said "for safety reasons your allowed to change the map tunes when car is is on with engine off".
I think you'll find pretty quickly there is no need to change the map after you put it on max setting. It definitely wakes the car up and is totally worth the price, but there really isn't enough variability in the different maps, and overall, map 7 isn't really that aggressive from a 'tuning' perspective. Fun stuff for sure. Ymmv...my personal experience of course.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 09:05 AM   #8
2indapink
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2indapink View Post
Quote:
I think you'll find pretty quickly there is no need to change the map after you put it on max setting. It definitely wakes the car up and is totally worth the price, but there really isn't enough variability in the different maps, and overall, map 7 isn't really that aggressive from a 'tuning' perspective. Fun stuff for sure. Ymmv...my personal experience of course.
My concern was being able to drive my car with it disabled & on the drop of a dime turning up the juice. I don't want to constantly drive juiced up LOL
Appreciate 0