Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost3dx View Post
I did a thing or two today.
Feelin' stupid here. Did you gloss the carbon fiber or am I just dumb?

Shawn
Replaced the door/dash pieces with gloss carbon, reprinted the red font on the dashboard piece, and red wrapped the bars behind the grill.
      08-22-2022, 11:07 AM   #1102
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
Replaced the door/dash pieces with gloss carbon, reprinted the red font on the dashboard piece, and red wrapped the bars behind the grill.

I didn't exactly replace them, I just put the Auto Tech Nic pieces over top the factory trim, which I've never been a fan of. It boggles my mind how their $150K fastest car ever can't get factory CF trim, yet a non M X5 can.
Appreciate 2
      08-22-2022, 12:55 PM   #1103
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I didn't exactly replace them, I just put the Auto Tech Nic pieces over top the factory trim, which I've never been a fan of. It boggles my mind how their $150K fastest car ever can't get factory CF trim, yet a non M X5 can.
Oooooo! Yeah I read on another group it's a bitch to take the original ones off, was wondering if you'd done that. Yeah maybe they wanted to differentiate it from other M cars? Who knows.

I love the red bars! I wanted to do something of that sort, I did get a darker gold wrap. Maybe I'll go with that?
      08-22-2022, 01:01 PM   #1104
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Oooooo! Yeah I read on another group it's a bitch to take the original ones off, was wondering if you'd done that. Yeah maybe they wanted to differentiate it from other M cars? Who knows.

I love the red bars! I wanted to do something of that sort, I did get a darker gold wrap. Maybe I'll go with that?
Yeah I'm not that big on cheap mods but this my friend recommended and I am actually really happy. The green + red looks really good, considering I have the rep calipers, it matches perfectly. Here's what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099RTV46W...t_details&th=1

F20/F30 (Type B) in Red

Note they are bitch to put on, they fit really really tight, so this is why I tried the hockey stick and it worked fine.
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2022, 03:15 PM   #1105
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Anyone figure out how to get these US spec lights full yellow yet?
      08-23-2022, 03:40 PM   #1106
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
What do you mean, "full yellow"? My DRLs are yellow when I'm driving the car. Except at night when the headlights are on.

I got pulled over last month for speeding and the cop asked if I had modified the lights. Said that they were illegal because they aren't amber.

I told him that was above may pay grade, but I'd ask BMWNA about it. Lol
Attached Images

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 2
BMA89223.50
Kstoff125237.00
      08-23-2022, 04:08 PM   #1107
BMA89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M5 CS

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm doing mine in a champagne gold vinyl wrap I found that matches the grill (as close a match as I could find) - will post some pics once complete end of this week!
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2022, 04:22 PM   #1108
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_Stig View Post
What do you mean, "full yellow"? My DRLs are yellow when I'm driving the car. Except at night when the headlights are on.

I got pulled over last month for speeding and the cop asked if I had modified the lights. Said that they were illegal because they aren't amber.

Odd! I've seen the Tellurides about with yellow lights too - is that amber? My money's on BMW vs the cop when it comes to knowing the guidelines.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 05:03 PM   #1109
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
Quote:

Odd! I've seen the Tellurides about with yellow lights too - is that amber? My money's on BMW vs the cop when it comes to knowing the guidelines.
Telluride, hellcat, and I think some Kia sedan have orange/amber DRLs.. and the M4 CSL now too. It's becoming popular I guess. 😃
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 05:47 PM   #1110
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Quote:

Full yellow.. like no scenario in which the DRL is part white. That definitely what I'd love to have. There's a lot of scenarios where you don't get the full yellow DRLs:

- headlights are on
- remote starting
- when DRL only but it's dark enough headlights would auto turn on
- when unlocking the car

It's nuts.. you basically only get full yellow DRLs when it's not dark and when you open the door to the car (and it goes off shortly after that).

If it could be reliably done I'd code my lights so they were never white.
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2022, 06:50 PM   #1111
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That's what I meant. Instead of having the half white half yellow
Attached Images

08-23-2022, 06:51 PM   #1112
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Full yellow.. like no scenario in which the DRL is part white. That definitely what I'd love to have. There's a lot of scenarios where you don't get the full yellow DRLs:

- headlights are on
- remote starting
- when unlocking the car

It's nuts.. you basically only get full yellow DRLs when it's not dark and when you open the door to the car (and it goes off shortly after that).

Lmk if you ever find a solution!
      08-23-2022, 07:47 PM   #1113
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's what I meant. Instead of having the half white half yellow
I didn't even know they did half yellow. 😂

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2022, 08:31 PM   #1114
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Quote:
Quote:

- headlights are on
- remote starting
- when unlocking the car

Lmk if you ever find a solution!
I second this
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 05:04 PM   #1115
BMA89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMA89 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm doing mine in a champagne gold vinyl wrap I found that matches the grill (as close a match as I could find) - will post some pics once complete end of this week!
First pic from the detailer! Will add more when I get it back tomorrow but really like it from the pics so far!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-25-2022, 07:06 PM   #1116
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

First your from the detailer! Will add more when I get it back tomorrow but really like it from the pics so far!
REALLY pulls the look together matched to the bronze surrounds! Looks awesome!
      08-25-2022, 07:11 PM   #1117
BMA89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

First your from the detailer! Will add more when I get it back tomorrow but really like it from the pics so far!
REALLY pulls the look together matched to the bronze surrounds! Looks awesome!
Agree! Haven't seen it in person yet as I don't get it back until tomorrow but I did it in blue on my MBB 21 M5C and it looked amazing! Such a cheap simple touch ($15 vinyl on Amazon) but looks and suits the car so well IMO
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2022, 11:09 AM   #1118
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

2 Animals
Attached Images

HulkM5cs215.50
c18209.00
      08-27-2022, 11:59 AM   #1119
Littierally
Be Present
Rep
Drives: F10 M5C, F90 M5CS

Awesome pic!
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2022, 12:41 PM   #1120
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Link?
      08-27-2022, 12:45 PM   #1121
BMA89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Link?
Matte Metallic Champagne Gold Adhesive Vinyl Roll Craft Vinyl for Signs Letters 12"x6ft Compatible with All Cutting Machines https://a.co/d/iuuImEo
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2022, 04:54 PM   #1122
HulkM5cs
Private
Rep
Drives: M5cs

1/2 mile shift sector event

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=29258588
Appreciate 0