BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    STEERING WHEELS. Post your modded steering wheels.

07-19-2023, 11:12 AM   #23
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkishM5C View Post
ResIpsaLoquitur yes, I ordered a couple of steering badges from Bimmerkings on Etsy and I should have them next week. I am trying to determine if the BMW heritage badge or the BMW carbon fiber badge will look better with the carbon fiber steering wheel trim.
Thank you so much for the info! I also just placed an order from BimmerKings and can’t wait to see what it looks like in person. The shop owner (Leo) was extremely nice and communicative. He stated that he’d upgrade me to tracked shipping and get it out today. Obviously I haven’t put my hand on the product yet, but he seems great so far!

I’m also going to order the one fan51 got so I can see it in person, too.
      07-19-2023, 11:13 AM   #24
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan51 View Post
I got mine on eBay. Here’s a link
This one looks pretty good, too! I ordered the BimmerKings one, but I am going to order this one too to see how they compare since you’re satisfied with it.

Thank you very much!
      07-19-2023, 01:22 PM   #25
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Thank you so much! It actually looks really good compared to some of the stuff he sells!

When I was new to this forum, I reached out once to ask for something and after deciding I didn’t want to proceed because I didn’t like the quality, he continuously messaged me trying to get me to change my mind.

I’d never order anything for the mere fact that I can’t stand his posts.
He is annoying and the quality is subpar crap for the amount he charges and it’s shipped from Asia directly, I will say he’s quick with emails. Lol
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2023, 02:11 PM   #26
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredsaint View Post
He is annoying and the quality is subpar crap for the amount he charges and it’s shipped from Asia directly, I will say he’s quick with emails. Lol
Lol quick so he can sell you some BS 😂
      07-19-2023, 11:40 PM   #27
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

AZA all the way. The wheel has been fantastic.
      07-19-2023, 11:50 PM   #28
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
AZA all the way. The wheel has been fantastic.
Thank you for letting me share your experience and our conversation in a way that helps fellow forum members!
      07-20-2023, 10:01 PM   #29
fan51
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
the real crime is your white tube socks with sandals, you should be driving a Corvette instead
Hahaha 😝 you got me. Bumming around the house 🤦🏻‍♂️
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2023, 10:53 AM   #30
DarkishM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
These are the steering wheel emblems I got from BimmerKings. At first glance, I thought they were going to be too small, but after comparing them to the steering wheel emblem, they were just right. I believe they're made out of aluminum. You just have to apply like a sticker over the existing emblem. Not sure how well it will stay on with this Texas summer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
ed41367.50
NoMods1108.00
      07-23-2023, 11:38 AM   #31
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
These are the steering wheel emblems I got from BimmerKings. At first glance, I thought they were going to be too small, but after comparing them to the steering wheel emblem, they were just right. I believe they're made out of aluminum. You just have to apply like a sticker over the existing emblem. Not sure how well it will stay on with this Texas summer.
Thanks for reporting back! I received mine yesterday, too.

I’d like to put a couple additional things here for others that may be interested.

First off, the owner of the shop, Leo, messaged me about an hour after I purchased it. He stated that he would be upgrading me to trackable USPS shipping for free and would get it out the same day. Amazing customer service!

As for the decal itself, it’s obviously from China. The emblem is a good bluff job. It does look very, very similar to the OE badges. At least the proportions and M colors are pretty good. The back plastic you peel away to expose the adhesive has transliterated Chinese writing on it. It’s about 1-2 mm smaller than the OE roundel on the steering wheel so not only do you have to get it perfectly level and straight, but you’ve got to do it on both the x and y axes. It is possible to not get in centered and have more of a gap on either the left or fight or the top or bottom.

The decal doesn’t have tactile feedback like the OE roundel. Stated another way, you can’t feel the individual components like an OE roundel; i.e., the “BMW” letters, the “+,” the edges/lips, etc., since they aren’t raised. It looks like it might be underneath, but the entire thing is covered with a smooth dome. It’s a glorified sticker (albeit a nice thick one made from aluminum as noted above), but I think we already knew that.

I hate anything with an aftermarket roundel - emblems, badges, center caps, etc. (this is the first time I’ve ever bought one if this even qualifies as an emblem). I did just spend a pretty decent chunk of cash (for center caps) on the (almost) OE IND Heritage Floating Center Caps. Overall all though, I think this looks pretty good for $15 shipped and I’ll keep until it either degrades or I don’t like the look for some reason anymore.

Please post some pictures once installed!

Big thanks again to DarkishM5C for being the one to show me these!
Attached Images

ed41367.50
NoMods1108.00
      07-23-2023, 12:16 PM   #32
DarkishM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
ResIpsaLoquitur I agree whole heartily. I do wish the emblem would of been just a little bit bigger. I did have to take it really slow when applying to get it just right.
I also had several messages with Leo and he was great at communicating and getting the emblems shipped right away.

Sorry OP for the thread jack.
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2023, 12:56 PM   #33
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
ResIpsaLoquitur I agree whole heartily. I do wish the emblem would of been just a little bit bigger. I did have to take it really slow when applying to get it just right.
I also had several messages with Leo and he was great at communicating and getting the emblems shipped right away.

I would have also loved an extra mm or 2. It would have made it easier to center. It is centered on mine despite the photos making it look otherwise due to the shadow it casts.

Glad to hear you had the same great experience!

Thank you so much once again.

And my sincere apologies as well fan51 for the threadjack.
      07-23-2023, 03:07 PM   #34
fan51
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
I would have also loved an extra mm or 2. It would have made it easier to center. It is centered on mine despite the photos making it look otherwise due to the shadow it casts.

Glad to hear you had the same great experience!

Thank you so much once again.

And my sincere apologies as well fan51 for the threadjack.

Be sure to clean the oem wheel
Emblem throughly with an alcohol pad. Let dry and then apply with lots of pressure. You’re going to beep the horn but it’s okay. The side edges look cheap but once applied it actually looks really good. I was disappointed first and then surprised/relieved. It looks great.
Appreciate 2
      07-23-2023, 04:20 PM   #35
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan51 View Post
Be sure to clean the oem wheel
Emblem throughly with an alcohol pad. Let dry and then apply with lots of pressure. You’re going to beep the horn but it’s okay. The side edges look cheap but once applied it actually looks really good. I was disappointed first and then surprised/relieved. It looks great.
I used a little 70% isopropyl alcohol and a new microfiber cloth. I need to get around the edge with a little canned air. But, I felt the exact same way about the side edges. Thanks for bringing that up, I am really going to push down on it when I am in the car next!

EDIT — Much better after some applied pressure. Thanks again!
Attached Images

07-23-2023, 06:04 PM   #36
fan51
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I used a little 70% isopropyl alcohol and a new microfiber cloth. I need to get around the edge with a little canned air. But, I felt the exact same way about the side edges. Thanks for bringing that up, I am really going to push down on it when I am in the car next!

EDIT — Much better after some applied pressure. Thanks again!
Nice. Enjoy.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2023, 11:15 AM   #37
DarkishM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
I finally got my steering wheel the way I wanted it to look. It took me over a month to get it right. I first ordered the steering wheel carbon fiber trim from RW Carbon, but when I got it, it was shipped from Autotecknic. The wheel trim was of poor quality and it was not cut right whatsoever. After communicating with RW, I found out that their interior carbon pieces come from other manufacturers. I ended returning the piece and of course they charged me a 15% restocking fee. I decided to go oem and found several BMW part stores that were selling the piece cheaper than the BMW store. I went with BMW Parts Hub because they have overall good ratings. It took 4 days to get the piece and when I tried to mount it to the steering wheel, the middle piece that says "M Performance" popped off. I contacted them via email because they don't have an actual live person answering phones. It took them 4 days to respond, but they sent me another carbon fiber steering wheel trim right away. The new oem trim is very nice and of good quality.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ed41367.50
      08-20-2023, 12:37 PM   #38
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I finally got my steering wheel the way I wanted it to look. It took me over a month to get it right. I first ordered the steering wheel carbon fiber trim from RW Carbon, but when I got it, it was shipped from Autotecknic. The wheel trim was of poor quality and it was not cut right whatsoever. After communicating with RW, I found out that their interior carbon pieces come from other manufacturers. I ended returning the piece and of course they charged me a 15% restocking fee. I decided to go oem and found several BMW part stores that were selling the piece cheaper than the BMW store. I went with BMW Parts Hub because they have overall good ratings. It took 4 days to get the piece and when I tried to mount it to the steering wheel, the middle piece that says "M Performance" popped off. I contacted them via email because they don't have an actual live person answering phones. It took them 4 days to respond, but they sent me another carbon fiber steering wheel trim right away. The new oem trim is very nice and of good quality.
Looks awesome!
      08-22-2023, 08:46 AM   #39
ed4
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 F96 X6MC, '18 G30 M550i

I had an AZA wheel on my last car, and it was fantastic. It was a CF & Alcantara wheel, with Lane Keep Assist & the heated rim built-in.

This is what I have now. It's a hand-me-down from my cousin's X5MC. This car has DAP, which I didn't have in my last car. The origins of this wheel is unknown, and it retains DAP, Lane Keep Assist & heat. The heat works decently, but not as well as the AZA wheel.

'23 F93 M8 GC ZCP
- HRE S101SC - Full Akrapovic - '15 Audi R8 4.2 S-Tronic
(Past) YouTube '21 F96 X6M ZCP Akrapovic/MSS/BC Forged, ‘18 G30 M550i, '18 G01 X3 M40i, '15 F10 M5 ZCP HRE S101 #1 & #2/Akrapovic, ‘13 W204 C63 AMG - ADV1 5.01SL's
Appreciate 3
afo818254.50
F30Andy1774.00
      08-22-2023, 01:09 PM   #40
916_M5
IG: @M5RCY_
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

steering wheel

this is my steering wheel with magnetic paddle shifters as well
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ed41367.50
      08-22-2023, 01:18 PM   #41
jm490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21' F90 M5c

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916_M5 View Post
this is my steering wheel with magnetic paddle shifters as well
Beautiful wheel and interior!

How do you like the magnetic paddle shifters? I have been wanting to bite the bullet on a pair but am skeptical. Do you recommend? and if so which ones do you have?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 01:52 PM   #42
DarkishM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
AZA makes beautiful steering wheels!
Appreciate 2
ed41367.50
      08-22-2023, 02:35 PM   #43
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed4 View Post
I had an AZA wheel on my last car, and it was fantastic. It was a CF & Alcantara wheel, with Lane Keep Assist & the heated rim built-in.

This is what I have now. It's a hand-me-down from my cousin's X5MC. This car has DAP, which I didn't have in my last car. The origins of this wheel is unknown, and it retains DAP, Lane Keep Assist & heat. The heat works decently, but not as well as the AZA wheel.

AZA needs to give US buyers a 50% off discount since our taxes are funding their war
Appreciate 2
ed41367.50
916_M5365.00
      08-22-2023, 02:43 PM   #44
ed4
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 F96 X6MC, '18 G30 M550i

Quote:
AZA needs to give US buyers a 50% off discount since our taxes are funding their war
I hear you. I'd argue the opposite though, speaking for myself w/ close friends in Kiev & Odessa.

'23 F93 M8 GC ZCP
- HRE S101SC - Full Akrapovic - '15 Audi R8 4.2 S-Tronic
(Past) YouTube '21 F96 X6M ZCP Akrapovic/MSS/BC Forged, ‘18 G30 M550i, '18 G01 X3 M40i, '15 F10 M5 ZCP HRE S101 #1 & #2/Akrapovic, ‘13 W204 C63 AMG - ADV1 5.01SL's
Appreciate 0