BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    STEERING WHEELS. Post your modded steering wheels.

07-16-2023, 12:09 PM   #1
fan51
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

STEERING WHEELS. Post your modded steering wheels.

I’m looking for an alcantara wheel option that retains all of the features as the oem wheel. What’s out there? Let’s see what you guys are running.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 09:46 PM   #2
jm490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21' F90 M5c

Same here. Been looking with no luck. AZA wheels is the only company I know of that builds them and retains all features including DAP and Heating.
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2023, 10:26 PM   #3
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan51 View Post
I’m looking for an alcantara wheel option that retains all of the features as the oem wheel. What’s out there? Let’s see what you guys are running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm490 View Post
Same here. Been looking with no luck. AZA wheels is the only company I know of that builds them and retains all features including DAP and Heating.
I went down this exact path and IIRC, based on posts/advice from jm490 and greentrbo95gst (who had exactly what you’re looking for and really let me pepper him with questions about it) ended up reaching out to AZA. They were punctual and awesome to work with so far. Haven’t had the chance to do it yet, but before deciding to go with AZA, I did some research to see if there was anyone else just to see all my options. I believe AZA is the only one, but at least so far they seem fantastic.

Reach out to Dano.

Photo is greentrbo95gst’s wheel that sounds like exactly what you’re looking for.
Attached Images

F30Andy1774.00
afo818254.50
      07-16-2023, 10:30 PM   #4
jm490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
I went down this exact path and IIRC, based on posts/advice from jm490 and greentrbo95gst (who had exactly what you’re looking for and really let me pepper him with questions about it) ended up reaching out to AZA. They were punctual and awesome to work with so far. Haven’t had the chance to do it yet, but before deciding to go with AZA, I did some research to see if there was anyone else just to see all my options. I believe AZA is the only one, but at least so far they seem fantastic.

That’s what I have heard as well. I’m glad you actually spoke to them and got good feedback. Makes me feel comfortable with biting the bullet with them and going for it soon. Did they give you a price by any chance? I’m figuring it’ll be close to $2500-$3000 but hoping for something a bit cheaper lol. One can hope.

Let’s ask them if we all buy the same one us 3 or even a few more if they would do a discount group buy since it’s all at the same time maybe they’ll go for it lol. Doesn’t hurt to ask!
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2023, 10:46 PM   #5
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That’s what I have heard as well. I’m glad you actually spoke to them and got good feedback. Makes me feel comfortable with biting the bullet with them and going for it soon. Did they give you a price by any chance? I’m figuring it’ll be close to $2500-$3000 but hoping for something a bit cheaper lol. One can hope.

Let’s ask them if we all buy the same one us 3 or even a few more if they would do a discount group buy since it’s all at the same time maybe they’ll go for it lol. Doesn’t hurt to ask!
Dano was amazing quite honestly and I would feel very comfortable doing business with him based on my interactions so far. greentrbo95gst has also mentioned he was extremely satisfied with them and the wheel itself. What’s pictured is exactly what I want, just without the stripe.

The only reason I didn’t proceed was that I was intending to find an installer who would do that and shift paddles at the same time and got busy. I know steering wheels and paddles are really easy for most of you guys, but he did mention using a good installer or the dealership since these are of the most complicated wheels he’s worked on.

PMing you now RE: quoted price.
      07-16-2023, 10:49 PM   #6
jm490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Dano was amazing quite honestly and I would feel very comfortable doing business with him based on my interactions so far. greentrbo95gst has also mentioned he was extremely satisfied with them and the wheel itself. What’s pictured is exactly what I want, just without the stripe.

The only reason I didn’t proceed was that I was intending to find an installer who would do that and shift paddles at the same time and got busy.

PMing you now RE: quoted price.
Okay awesome yeah I’ll probably contact them beginning of august after this crazy month for me.

Just a side note for installing the steering wheel and paddle shifters feel free to pm me your number and I can literally show
You have to do it over FaceTime or zoom in 15-20 minutes. It’s simple after you do it once. (If you just don’t like doing stuff like that that’s understandable but I wouldn’t feel right not offering and letting you pay a shop 200-300$ for something that could take you 30 min lol)

Thanks again for the price quote

Let me know if you decide to buy. I think I actually want the same exact one you are referencing that we both commented on the thread for. We can try to get a small discount ordering together. Never hurts to ask.

-James
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2023, 10:55 PM   #7
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Okay awesome yeah I’ll probably contact them beginning of august after this crazy month for me.

Just a side note for installing the steering wheel and paddle shifters feel free to pm me your number and I can literally show
You have to do it over FaceTime or zoom in 15-20 minutes. It’s simple after you do it once. (If you just don’t like doing stuff like that that’s understandable but I wouldn’t feel right not offering and letting you pay a shop 200-300$ for something that could take you 30 min lol)

Thanks again for the price quote

Let me know if you decide to buy. I think I actually want the same exact one you are referencing that we both commented on the thread for. We can try to get a small discount ordering together. Never hurts to ask.

-James
Thank you for your extreme kindness. That is ultimate M5 BP cameraderie right there! I may very well take you up on your offer when things calm down for you.

I will definitely want to proceed soon also. You lit the fire under me again to tackle this!

If we we want identical ones (and it sounds like we do) then we should definitely ask. A large catalogue of their work is on their website. Take a look and see if anything else pops out at you!
      07-16-2023, 10:56 PM   #8
jm490
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for your extreme kindness. That is ultimate M5 BP cameraderie right there! I may very well take you up on your offer when things calm down for you.

I will definitely want to proceed soon also. You lit the fire under me again to tackle this!

If we we want identical ones (and it sound like we do) then we should definitely ask. A large catalogue of their work is on their website. Take a look and see if anything else pops out at you!

Absolutely! And to you as well!

I’ll take a look and we’ll touch base through PM’s.

fan51 let us know if you want something similar before we actually end up ordering.
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2023, 11:33 PM   #9
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

fan51 let us know if you want something similar before we actually end up ordering.
Sounds like a plan! Thank you!
      07-17-2023, 07:50 AM   #10
dcohen13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

My friend owns Carbontastic. He is currently making me a full custom wheel. I went the perforated leather route, but he can do whatever materials and finishes you like. I am not having any carbon on mine, but that is always an open. Send me a PM if you want me to connect you for a discount. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 09:16 AM   #11
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
minor changes to the trim and paddles.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      07-17-2023, 11:36 AM   #12
SheikhX4MC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredsaint View Post
Where did you get the heritage badge for the steering wheel?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 12:32 PM   #13
DarkishM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
Quote:
That's one sexy steering wheel

SheikhX4MC you can get them through Bimmerkings on etsy.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1334123...g-wheel-emblem
Appreciate 1
NoMods1108.00
      07-17-2023, 08:17 PM   #14
fan51
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Let’s do it let me know what the pricing is like
Appreciate 1
jm490519.00
      07-17-2023, 08:20 PM   #15
fan51
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Reach out to Dano.

Photo is greentrbo95gst’s wheel that sounds like exactly what you’re looking for.
This is exactly what I want. Please DM me pricing! Thanks 🙏
Appreciate 2
      07-19-2023, 12:35 AM   #16
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkishM5C View Post
That's one sexy steering wheel

SheikhX4MC you can get them through Bimmerkings on etsy.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1334123...g-wheel-emblem
armoredsaint, did you get yours from BimmerKings on Etsy?

DarkishM5C did you get one on Etsy?

Thanks in advance guys. After spending a ridiculous amount of money on the IND-Distribution’s (almost) OE heritage roundel floating center caps, I think I have to get the steering wheel to match. I wish someone would attempt to do something closer to OE (cough, cough, IND).

Sorry fan51, no threadjacking intended!
      07-19-2023, 12:38 AM   #17
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This is exactly what I want. Please DM me pricing! Thanks 🙏
DMed!
      07-19-2023, 05:53 AM   #18
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
armoredsaint, did you get yours from BimmerKings on Etsy?

DarkishM5C did you get one on Etsy?

Thanks in advance guys. After spending a ridiculous amount of money on the IND-Distribution’s (almost) OE heritage roundel floating center caps, I think I have to get the steering wheel to match. I wish someone would attempt to do something closer to OE (cough, cough, IND).

Sorry fan51, no threadjacking intended!
Sorry didn’t see it earlier. I got it from the dude who spams the sponsor classifieds a lot with the BMW Logos, I don’t recommend 😁
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2023, 07:00 AM   #19
DarkishM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
ResIpsaLoquitur yes, I ordered a couple of steering badges from Bimmerkings on Etsy and I should have them next week. I am trying to determine if the BMW heritage badge or the BMW carbon fiber badge will look better with the carbon fiber steering wheel trim.
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2023, 07:59 AM   #20
fan51
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

I got mine on eBay. Here’s a link
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-19-2023, 08:39 AM   #21
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
I got mine on eBay. Here’s a link
the real crime is your white tube socks with sandals, you should be driving a Corvette instead
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 11:10 AM   #22
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry didn’t see it earlier. I got it from the dude who spams the sponsor classifieds a lot with the BMW Logos, I don’t recommend 😁
Thank you so much! It actually looks really good compared to some of the stuff he sells!

When I was new to this forum, I reached out once to ask for something and after deciding I didn’t want to proceed because I didn’t like the quality, he continuously messaged me trying to get me to change my mind.

I’d never order anything for the mere fact that I can’t stand his posts.