BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    NEW RELEASE: Dinan Stage 1 S63(TU4) Performance Engine Software

05-28-2022, 09:24 AM   #89
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F90Alan View Post
Quote:
As some of you are aware upon release we were intending to also offer an E85 calibration. Unfortunately, at the time we couldn't get our E85 calibration to pass our internal emissions test protocols so was not able to offer it at the outset. However, I am pleased to say that that has now been rectified and the Stage 1 now offers an E85 calibration to go along with the other octanes (91, 93, 100 and 104).

I have updated the original post to include the updated information and charts but the short of it is it is now possible for you to enjoy maximum gains of 198-226 WHP / 190-207 lb-ft of torque on E85. No additional hardware required -- just the tune and E85.

It should be noted though that the E85 tune, especially with traction control off, is a handful and not for the faint of heart. If you are an adrenaline junkie though it may just be your cup of tea.

Also -- before the expected questions come in... yes, it is still a bench flash and still only applicable to 2018-2020 model years at present.

Attachment 2893560
Attachment 2893561
So if you purchase the Dinan + tune. You would have to purchase the additional stage 1 tune to run E85?
Dinan+ (factory matching warranty) only comes in the one flavor (91). If you want the E85 calibration you have to go the normal stage 1 which doesn't match the factory warranty. Ultimately with the warranty involved we can't guarantee, or prove, someone wont run 91 octane on an E85 file and destroy their motor leaving us holding the bag so to speak.
I don't get this… how is this getting enough fuel on stage 1 and no other mods?
Could you please elaborate on how this is possible from just a tune?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 01:42 PM   #90
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Maybe Dinan really means using E85 with pump gas to make E30? Haven’t read of any tuners yet with full E85 tunes because 1/3 more fuel quantity is required. Many offer E30 tunes and some custom tunes might be E40.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 02:39 PM   #91
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Maybe Dinan really means using E85 with pump gas to make E30? Haven’t read of any tuners yet with full E85 tunes because 1/3 more fuel quantity is required. Many offer E30 tunes and some custom tunes might be E40.
This is a good assumption and if this was the case i would assume it would be explained. Honestly you are probably right because I don't see how E85 could be used with no other mods but then again If what you're saying is true is that capable of putting out those kind of numbers?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 11:52 PM   #92
IBOOSTU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 19 M5 COMP/21 M5 COMP FROZEN

Will
T this time work on my 2021
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 08:05 AM   #93
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBOOSTU View Post
Will
You better re-read Dinan’s post. There was an important detail you missed.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 11:31 AM   #94
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4h2o View Post
Quote:
Straight E85 from the pump and the tune. No other modifications -- no blends, no fueling upgrades, etc.

Not a calibrator so I couldnt say what exactly is being done (nor would the information likely be shared) but it is probable that this E85 calibration is using the same strategies that were employed on the B58(O1) (M340i) for the full E85 tune on that platform. That was released back last March and at the time no one else was offering a straight E85 tune to my knowledge, citing that the fuel system wasn't capable of handling it. Fast forward a year later and competitors are starting to offer full E85 tunes and no other modifications for the platform so apparently it was possible after all despite all the clamoring saying it wasn't real. Same can be said for the remote start disable on the same platform that was resolved.

Just because not everyone has figured it out does not mean it is not possible.

Quote:
Will
No. Still just for the 2018-2020 (06/2020 build date and prior) models.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 07:21 PM   #95
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe Dinan really means using E85 with pump gas to make E30? Haven't read of any tuners yet with full E85 tunes because 1/3 more fuel quantity is required. Many offer E30 tunes and some custom tunes might be E40.
Straight E85 from the pump and the tune. No other modifications -- no blends, no fueling upgrades, etc.

Not a calibrator so I couldnt say what exactly is being done (nor would the information likely be shared) but it is probable that this E85 calibration is using the same strategies that were employed on the B58(O1) (M340i) for the full E85 tune on that platform. That was released back last March and at the time no one else was offering a straight E85 tune to my knowledge, citing that the fuel system wasn't capable of handling it. Fast forward a year later and competitors are starting to offer full E85 tunes and no other modifications for the platform so apparently it was possible after all despite all the clamoring saying it wasn't real. Same can be said for the remote start disable on the same platform that was resolved.

Just because not everyone has figured it out does not mean it is not possible.

Quote:
Will
No. Still just for the 2018-2020 (06/2020 build date and prior) models.
Whats the best way to switch back and fourth with 93 and e85?
Is it true to run a tank of 93 after 3k miles using e85? Also the quality of e85 could be different from gas pump to gas pump. What if your not getting 85 and happen to get 80?
Appreciate 1
afo818254.50
      05-31-2022, 07:16 AM   #96
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Whats the best way to switch back and fourth with 93 and e85?
Is it true to run a tank of 93 after 3k miles using e85? Also the quality of e85 could be different from gas pump to gas pump. What if your not getting 85 and happen to get 80?
Currently switching back and forth between octane maps would require a trip to a dealer to get reflashed. Not ideal by any means. Work is ongoing on getting a DIY option available.

The E85 tune has an operating range of E60-E85 so pump variability will be of little to no concern.
Appreciate 1
afo818254.50
      05-31-2022, 10:28 PM   #97
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Attachment 2766848

Dinan Stage 1 S63(TU4) Performance Engine Software

Part Number(s): D900-S63-T4-S1 & D900-S63-T4-S1-W

Applications:
  • 2018-2020 F90 M5 & M5 Competition
  • 2020 F91/F92/F93 M8 & M8 Competition
  • 2020 F95 X5M & X5M Competition
  • 2020 F96 X6M & X6M Competition
Limited to to 2018-2020 MY's. 2021+ MY's not supported at this time.

Product Page(s) / Pricing:Release Date: [COLOR="Red"]Available Now![/COLOR]

Description: Some of the world's most potent sedans and SUVs to begin with, the F90 M5 and F95 X5M now have the ability to go beyond formidable and to levels of outright domination in their respective classes. With max gains on pump gas nearing +130 WHP and +200 lb-ft of torque courtesy of Dinan Stage 1 software the battle for runner-up in each respective class is the only question.

Those are garish gains on their own but considering that those figures are with no additional modifications or alterations to the catalysts, it's an even more impressive feat. One that will be sure to result in a very enthusiastic grin. Utilize race gas or E85 and the gains jump yet another factor of fun -- a mind boggling +198-226 WHP and +190-207 lb-ft of torque to be exact.

While increases in power at this scale typically come at a cost to the engine's durability, this is typically due to improper calibrations that are simply after one goal regardless of engine health - maximum power. Dinan's calibrations are safe and reliable without sacrificing long-term reliability or performance. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. In most cases Dinan software engineers also implement their own additional safety precautions in order to guarantee flawless performance that may not have been needed with factory power levels/programming. Protecting your BMW, while giving the most performance, is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". To do just that, drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength, and then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This process has been a cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades and a major reason why Dinan performance tunes are often labelled as being the smoothest, factory-like solution in the marketplace.

Features/Benefits (Stage 1):
  • More Power: Max gains ranging from 122-130 WHP / 190-198 lb-ft of torque over stock with 93 octane and 198-226 WHP / 190-207 lb-ft of torque on E85. Consult the performance charts for additional octanes and/or detailed data on specific vehicle variants.
  • Dinan Stage 1 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty.
  • Access to numerous octane calibrations depending on your needs (91, 93, 100, 104 and E85). Switching between mappings would require a reflash at a Dinan authorized dealer.
  • Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide-open throttle and everywhere in between.
  • Optimized boost control, cam phasing, lamda targeting, fueling, airflow and temperature controls for maximum power output that is also safe and reliable.
  • Retains all BMW factory engine safeguards and adds numerous additional safety protections.
  • Top speed governor (VMAX) removed.
  • Torque by gear strategies implemented for maximum power output and traction.
  • Sport mode cooling that targets lower coolant temperatures added for optimum track effectiveness.
  • Pedal feel improved to naturally align with the increased torque output.
  • Sport gauges rescaled to reflect higher than stock power output.
  • Remote start functionality (if equipped) completely retained. Digital key presence not required.

Features/Benefits (Dinan +):
  • More Power: Max gains ranging from 96-104 WHP / 148-157 lb-ft of torque over stock with 91 octane. Consult the performance charts for detailed data on specific vehicle variants.
  • Dinan + performance software matches the factory new car warranty (4year / 50,000 mi) and is the warranty protection commonly associated with the Dinan brand.
  • Limited to a single calibration (91).
  • All other features from stage 1 above are shared with the Dinan + calibration.

Attachment 2766849
Attachment 2766850
Attachment 2893537
Attachment 2893538
Attachment 2766851
Attachment 2766852
Attachment 2766853
Attachment 2766854
+ 200 TQ for stage 1?? How? Every Dinan tune I've purchased even stage 2/3 for my M3/4 gave me max 20-30 HP and TQ….

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 02:26 AM   #98
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

A little tough to believe these numbers without 0-60 and 1/4 mi times...

Especially hard to believe that a company like Dinan would invest a tremendous amount of resources to develop and bring the tune to market...but can't supply the most basic real world numbers instead of a "graph" they made themselves?

Sorry but at face value it's full on patently ridiculous. Real world numbers are among the very cheapest performance numbers to acquire and there is only one reason to omit them. If the real world street times backed up these claims Dinan wouldn't need a video reel to sell it.

Sorry but I'm calling BS until Dinan posts actual draggy numbers.

P/S @Dinan- you can use my draggy if you can't spare the $150, just message me. Maybe one of the giggling professional drivers you mention who are using launch control will post some numbers...
      06-02-2022, 11:52 AM   #99
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpsy View Post

Especially hard to believe that a company like Dinan would invest a tremendous amount of resources to develop and bring the tune to market...but can't supply the most basic real world numbers instead of a "graph" they made themselves?

Sorry but at face value it's full on patently ridiculous. Real world numbers are among the very cheapest performance numbers to acquire and there is only one reason to omit them. If the real world street times backed up these claims Dinan wouldn't need a video reel to sell it.

P/S @Dinan- you can use my draggy if you can't spare the $150, just message me. Maybe one of the giggling professional drivers you mention who are using launch control will post some numbers...
Numbers don't lie! We need them!
      06-02-2022, 01:34 PM   #100
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
true some 60-130 times would be ideal

Previous BMW model 2018 bmw 340i FBO custom e50 tune 500 wheel
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 02:11 PM   #101
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

im really curious now i just gave dinan customer service a call since i wanted to acquire some knowledge! they said they personally don't do draggy numbers as it can vary to much from car to car. regardless my m5 is 2020 so my next concern is the bench unlock and how long i will have to wait for the ecu and the flash and they said they still have to unlock it and flash it themselves i was ok with going somewhere bench unlocking it and taking it to a local dealer for them to flash but he said he doesnt recomened that

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 08:17 AM   #102
Griffin337
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I am going to try and pull my ECU's out this weekend or sometime next week at the latest to send them for the E85 tune. Once I get them back I will do some dragy runs and also take it to the track to get some slips. I am in FL so the weather isn't the greatest but at least everyone will have something to look at. I am not expecting amazing times since I already have wheel spin with my current Evolve tune.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 11:06 AM   #103
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
+ 200 TQ for stage 1?? How? Every Dinan tune I've purchased even stage 2/3 for my M3/4 gave me max 20-30 HP and TQ….
Worlds of difference between the original DINANTRONICS and the current flashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpsy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97hoh View Post
true some 60-130 times would be ideal
I never understand the seeming hatred for the power graphs we produce by some. It's 3-5 dyno runs averaged and presented so that more information can be easily consumed as opposed to whipping out a straightedge and guessing rough numbers on a normal dyno chart. I guess some see it as possibly a way to alter data and decieve folks, but it isn't. Simply an attempt to provide accurate data, and more of it, without the guesswork. Below are some of the stock (93 octane) and E85 dyno graphs from our F90 M5 ran last summer when the E85 calibration was completed. You will notice they are in line with the "graph we made ourselves."

Name:  93_Stock_Forum.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  455.3 KB
Name:  E85_Tuned_Forum.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  481.9 KB

As far as Dragy data -- we haven't really started doing the Dragy thing until this past year or so and its not something the engineers use for development purposes. More of a marketing tool than anything since those numbers can vary a fair amount car to car, run to run via temp, tires, reaction time, etc. Yes, I realize dynos can vary/be manipulated as well but given controlled conditions a chassis dyno is still the best way to generate repeatable results. As such, our focus is more on the dyno for large changes and then street tuning to work out the nuances that don't get addressed/seen on the dyno and general drivability. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times aren't ever a specific goal -- just a side effect. Drivability is always the key thing being focused on. Performance without sacrifice and all that. Engineers will often go to the tracks around here for stress testing and on occassion to a drag strip (although the latter has fallen off in recent memory). Information garnered there is simply more valuable as we can achieve sustained loads over much longer durations to see how heat can be mitigated and how systems function under more diverse conditions. Not to mention we can test suspension components. Pretty sure the stock M5 at least went to a strip but haven't been able to locate the email with the slips. Definitely never took it to the drag strip or captured Dragy data on the tuned side though. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Our shop M5 is currently at a sister location getting some MG1 development work done and has been for a couple months now or else we would just go out and capture some Dragy data but that isn't an option at present for the veicle. The intent was to bring it to a local strip test day they are having there for some of their domestic projects and get some data at the same time. Still working on scheduling that out as far as I am aware. I intend to update the website with that information when it is available however.

What we do have on site though and have some direct control over is our 2020 F95 X5MC. While its not an exact comparison to the M5 seeing as its AWD and significantly heavier it still is running the same engine with the E85 tune. Data from it this morning/early afternoon is below. Keep in mind it is officially early summer in Alabama so conditions are far from ideal for these captures.

Name:  DragyData_Tuned.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  274.3 KB

0-60 in 3.16s
60-130 in 8.15s
1/8m in 7.08s @ 103.37 mph
1/4m in 10.88s @ 129.08 mph

Not going to be able to post 93 octane (stock) numbers until Monday or Tuesday next week as the vehicle is being prepped for a local show this weekend and we are up against it already. Simply don't have enough time to deplete/pump the tank out and put 93 in to do those runs while also getting it detailed etc. Once that happens though you will be able to really see a real, and meaningful, delta between stock and tuned in like conditions. Data above on its own doesn't really tell us a bunch other then the car is fast. In the meantime the only other Dragy data I could find relatively easily online for the X5MC was from a RaceChip tuned example on 93 octane (thread is HERE). It output:

0-60s in 3.28s
60-130 not taken.
1/8m in 7.29s @ 95.77
1/4m in 11.40s @ 119.07mph

All in MUCH more favorable conditions (~500DA vs ~1800-2200DA).

The difference in trap speeds are telling though. Ultimately thats some marked improvement in all categories over an already tuned vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97hoh View Post
im really curious now i just gave dinan customer service a call since i wanted to acquire some knowledge! they said they personally don't do draggy numbers as it can vary to much from car to car. regardless my m5 is 2020 so my next concern is the bench unlock and how long i will have to wait for the ecu and the flash and they said they still have to unlock it and flash it themselves i was ok with going somewhere bench unlocking it and taking it to a local dealer for them to flash but he said he doesnt recomened that
The reason why that is not reccommended - although you can certainly make the effort - is there is a decent chance the specific box code on your car may be new and would need to be extracted and ported to make a new compatible file anyway which would entail sending us the ECU's regardless. The existing library of box codes on the S63TU4 is still relatively limited unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin337 View Post
I am going to try and pull my ECU's out this weekend or sometime next week at the latest to send them for the E85 tune. Once I get them back I will do some dragy runs and also take it to the track to get some slips. I am in FL so the weather isn't the greatest but at least everyone will have something to look at. I am not expecting amazing times since I already have wheel spin with my current Evolve tune.
The more data the better.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 11:21 AM   #104
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin337 View Post
once you get numbers i will then decide to pull the trigger and take a week of my daily m5 and send ecu out otherwise im going bm3 e30 as i can flash it in one day and dynoed 680 wheel 60-130 6.8 to 7 seconds more then enough for me

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 10:06 PM   #105
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
I never understand the seeming hatred for the power graphs we produce by some. It's 3-5 dyno runs averaged and presented so that more information can be easily consumed as opposed to whipping out a straightedge and guessing rough numbers on a normal dyno chart. I guess some see it as possibly a way to alter data and decieve folks, but it isn't. Simply an attempt to provide accurate data, and more of it, without the guesswork. Below are some of the stock (93 octane) and E85 dyno graphs from our F90 M5 ran last summer when the E85 calibration was completed. You will notice they are in line with the "graph we made ourselves."

This is not about a hatred of dynos. As the dyno guy at a HD dealership for years, I personally performed thousands of dyno runs while performance tuning HDs. As an IT pro now, dynos are the perfect marriage of my favorite interests. But this isn't about dynos, or a graph that, yes, "you did make yourself". We both know a dyno can be made to say anything with the click of a mouse so don't gasp that your graphs aren't taken as gospel by everyone in the world. At the end of the day what matters is real world performance.

I'm simply calling you out for not releasing real world street times while pretending that Dinan just can't be bothered to do it, or maybe did it, but the numbers were misplaced, and why does everyone hate on dynos, snotty bullshit. Who do you think your audience is here exactly? Do you think a bunch of dumbfucks are running around, buying M5s and tunes, and bothering to read the BMW forums? No one takes issue with using dynos for development so don't strawman the conversation. The point is the ridiculous claim that the most famous tuning outfit in the world can't actually time a test car. Yeah right... Everyone else manages to release times and graphs. Just not Dinan, apparently.

I'm not even going to take the time to break down the other obvious bullshit like, "draggy times are for marketing". Give me a fucking break. No one is telling you to use draggy during development but stop pretending it's some stretch to release a single real street time while finding time and resources for your ridiculous sales reel.

Last edited by Pimpsy; 06-03-2022 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
m4h2o287.50
      06-03-2022, 11:09 PM   #106
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep

Dragy times sells..
I'm in the restaurant business and if I want to sell a shit ton of linguine d'mare you better believe I'm posting a picture of that dish. Not going to sell it just by describing it. It may sound good but ppl need to see it and eat it up with their eyes. Your graphs show me power number which look great but I really need to see what you cooked up with those dragy numbers..
Damn now I'm hungry 🤤
Appreciate 2
afo818254.50
      06-06-2022, 11:52 AM   #107
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dragy times sells..
I'm in the restaurant business and if I want to sell a shit ton of linguine d'mare you better believe I'm posting a picture of that dish. Not going to sell it just by describing it. It may sound good but ppl need to see it and eat it up with their eyes. Your graphs show me power number which look great but I really need to see what you cooked up with those dragy numbers..
Damn now I'm hungry 🤤
ya the draggy numbers will back up those dynos not gonna lie if they are accurate

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 04:07 PM   #108
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

As promised last week below are the stock (93) and Dinan Stage 1 comparison Dragy data for the shop F95 X5MC. Again, not a direct comparison to the F90 as the X5M is notably heavier ( ~5425 lbs vs. ~4370 lbs) but it is the same calibration so will give you an idea of gains/deltas.

Name:  DragyData_Stock_R2.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  264.2 KB
Name:  DragyData_Tuned_R2.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  274.1 KB

Not to shabby for 2000+ DA here in early summer in the south. As noted in the earlier post the traps are telling.

Last edited by Dinan_Engineering; 06-06-2022 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 05:37 PM   #109
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As promised last week below are the stock (93) and Dinan Stage 1 comparison Dragy data for the shop F95 X5MC. Again, not a direct comparison to the F90 as the X5M is notably heavier ( ~5425 lbs vs. ~4370 lbs) but it is the same calibration so will give you an idea of gains/deltas.

Attachment 2902464
Attachment 2902465

Not to shabby for 2000+ DA here in early summer in the south. As noted in the earlier post the traps are telling.
noticeable difference even with that da pretty convincing leaning towards dinan sending the ecu is a bit trouble some but might be worth it in the end if f90 m5 60-130 is good with full e85 as well

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 01:24 PM   #110
ScottsG80M3
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5, 2008 M5

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Attachment 2766848

Applications:

Product Page(s) / Pricing:Release Date: [COLOR="Red"]Available Now![/COLOR]

Description: Some of the world's most potent sedans and SUVs to begin with, the F90 M5 and F95 X5M now have the ability to go beyond formidable and to levels of outright domination in their respective classes. With max gains on pump gas nearing +130 WHP and +200 lb-ft of torque courtesy of Dinan Stage 1 software the battle for runner-up in each respective class is the only question.

Those are garish gains on their own but considering that those figures are with no additional modifications or alterations to the catalysts, it's an even more impressive feat. One that will be sure to result in a very enthusiastic grin. Utilize race gas or E85 and the gains jump yet another factor of fun -- a mind boggling +198-226 WHP and +190-207 lb-ft of torque to be exact.

While increases in power at this scale typically come at a cost to the engine's durability, this is typically due to improper calibrations that are simply after one goal regardless of engine health - maximum power. Dinan's calibrations are safe and reliable without sacrificing long-term reliability or performance. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. In most cases Dinan software engineers also implement their own additional safety precautions in order to guarantee flawless performance that may not have been needed with factory power levels/programming. Protecting your BMW, while giving the most performance, is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". To do just that, drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength, and then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This process has been a cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades and a major reason why Dinan performance tunes are often labelled as being the smoothest, factory-like solution in the marketplace.

• More Power: Max gains ranging from 122-130 WHP / 190-198 lb-ft of torque over stock with 93 octane and 198-226 WHP / 190-207 lb-ft of torque on E85. Consult the performance charts for additional octanes and/or detailed data on specific vehicle variants.
  • Dinan Stage 1 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty.
  • Access to numerous octane calibrations depending on your needs (91, 93, 100, 104 and E85). Switching between mappings would require a reflash at a Dinan authorized dealer.
  • Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide-open throttle and everywhere in between.
  • Optimized boost control, cam phasing, lamda targeting, fueling, airflow and temperature controls for maximum power output that is also safe and reliable.
  • Retains all BMW factory engine safeguards and adds numerous additional safety protections.
  • Sport mode cooling that targets lower coolant temperatures added for optimum track effectiveness.
  • Remote start functionality (if equipped) completely retained. Digital key presence not required.

• More Power: Max gains ranging from 96-104 WHP / 148-157 lb-ft of torque over stock with 91 octane. Consult the performance charts for detailed data on specific vehicle variants.
  • Dinan + performance software matches the factory new car warranty (4year / 50,000 mi) and is the warranty protection commonly associated with the Dinan brand.
  • All other features from stage 1 above are shared with the Dinan + calibration.

Attachment 2766849
Attachment 2766850
Attachment 2893537
Attachment 2893538
Attachment 2766851
Attachment 2766852
Attachment 2766853
Attachment 2766854
Attachment 2902928
Attachment 2902929
Quote:
Attachment 2766848

Applications:

Product Page(s) / Pricing:
  • Stage 1: dinan.info/S63-PES
  • Dinan + (Factory Matching Warranty): dinan.info/S63-PLUS
Release Date: [COLOR="Red"]Available Now![/COLOR]

Attachment 2766849
Attachment 2766850
Attachment 2893537
Attachment 2893538
Attachment 2766851
Attachment 2766852
Attachment 2766853
Attachment 2766854
Attachment 2902928
Attachment 2902929

Dinan+ only works with 91 octane?? No 93??
Appreciate 0