BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    NEW RELEASE: Dinan Stage 1 S63(TU4) Performance Engine Software

01-19-2022, 04:56 PM   #45
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
I’m fortunate to live in a state with 93 octane available everywhere, but if I chose to buy your Dinan + tune, it would still only come in the 91 octane version with a 753/787 rating? And I would pay $1,100 more for it than the Stage 1 for 93 octane at $800 with a 783/822 rating?

But you don’t offer the warranty for a tune with more horsepower/torque than 753/787. Are the other tunes unsafe?
I think rods start breaking when you surpass 750 torque…
      01-19-2022, 08:03 PM   #46
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5MC | '20 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
Spoke with some managers from 3 separate dealers and only one said they will respect the Dinan tune and will not void the warranty. The other two basically said "nah." However at the end of the day everybody can look for reasons not to cover anything so I'd prob go with the extra $ for the Dinan warranty.
The Dinan warranty replaces the BMW drivetrain warranty. If there's an issue and you have the Dinan+ tune, your dealer works with Dinan. Everything else falls into your BMW warranty from my understanding.
      01-20-2022, 02:32 PM   #47
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
Do the pops and bangs settings get changed on the X5MC? Even the comp version of the X5 doesn't really overrun.. you get nice bangs when shifting at WOT, but nothing when youre off throttle. Just wondering if you made any changes? (My buddy's M5C sounds vastly different)
PnB's on the X5MC do not get changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
Spoke with some managers from 3 separate dealers and only one said they will respect the Dinan tune and will not void the warranty. The other two basically said "nah." However at the end of the day everybody can look for reasons not to cover anything so I'd prob go with the extra $ for the Dinan warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
The Dinan warranty replaces the BMW drivetrain warranty. If there's an issue and you have the Dinan+ tune, your dealer works with Dinan. Everything else falls into your BMW warranty from my understanding.
What CJ said essentially. Copying from the response from the other thread since its essentally the same answer...

Stage 1 has a limited lifetime warranty. Basically covers the tune only (free updates, etc.) Does NOT cover consequential damages. Basically its like every other tune out there --- pay to play type scenario.

Dinan + matches the factory new car warranty (initial 4yr/50k) inclusive of consequential damages. Basically if BMWNA denies a claim citing the cause as a Dinan part then we would step in and cover the claim. Lots of caveats obviously but thats the short and succinct version. It does not extend beyond that new car warranty period (does not match CPO or factory warranties).

As a side note we just launched the hype reel for this particular software today so for those interested it is below. Like a Marvel movie there is some bonus content at the end to enjoy.

Appreciate 3
spuntyb4060.50
-cj-199.00
      01-20-2022, 04:55 PM   #48
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5, 2022 911 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
PnB's on the X5MC do not get changed.

What CJ said essentially. Copying from the response from the other thread since its essentally the same answer...

Stage 1 has a limited lifetime warranty. Basically covers the tune only (free updates, etc.) Does NOT cover consequential damages. Basically its like every other tune out there --- pay to play type scenario.

Dinan + matches the factory new car warranty (initial 4yr/50k) inclusive of consequential damages. Basically if BMWNA denies a claim citing the cause as a Dinan part then we would step in and cover the claim. Lots of caveats obviously but thats the short and succinct version. It does not extend beyond that new car warranty period (does not match CPO or factory warranties).

As a side note we just launched the hype reel for this particular software today so for those interested it is below. Like a Marvel movie there is some bonus content at the end to enjoy.

If you get the Dinan+ tune after the factory warranty is up, don't you get 2 years of coverage? Very interested (2018 base here) but not sure I like the sound of "lots of caveats"
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 05:24 PM   #49
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
If you get the Dinan+ tune after the factory warranty is up, don't you get 2 years of coverage? Very interested (2018 base here) but not sure I like the sound of "lots of caveats"
No, Dinan + simply matches the new car warranty time period. So if you only have 1 year left on that warranty that is all that Dinan+ would match. If you are out of the factory warranty then you should just opt for Stage 1 and get access to the additional power levels as purchasing Dinan+ would just be wasting money. So in your case, you have at most, 2 years of coverage remaining that the Dinan+ tune would match.

Full warranty breakdown can be found HERE but I have to always include that there are limitations/caveats or people undoubtedly believe that the warranty covers everything under the sun. As an example if the vehicle is running DP's (or any non-Dinan or BMW part) that result in a problem that can be directly attributed to those parts -- the warranty isn't covering it. Not our product to warrant first and foremost but also results in the vehicle being run out of spec of what the tune was designed for. If the car is starved of oil and siezes because of improper care/maintenance/neglect -- the warranty isn't covering it. Just a few things off the top of my head but you get the idea.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 05:49 PM   #50
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep

Quote:
No, Dinan + simply matches the new car warranty time period. So if you only have 1 year left on that warranty that is all that Dinan+ would match. If you are out of the factory warranty then you should just opt for Stage 1 and get access to the additional power levels as purchasing Dinan+ would just be wasting money. So in your case, you have at most, 2 years of coverage remaining that the Dinan+ tune would match.

Full warranty breakdown can be found HERE but I have to always include that there are limitations/caveats or people undoubtedly believe that the warranty covers everything under the sun. As an example if the vehicle is running DP's (or any non-Dinan or BMW part) that result in a problem that can be directly attributed to those parts -- the warranty isn't covering it. Not our product to warrant first and foremost but also results in the vehicle being run out of spec of what the tune was designed for. If the car is starved of oil and siezes because of improper care/maintenance/neglect -- the warranty isn't covering it. Just a few things off the top of my head but you get the idea.
The following is from the warranty disclaimer on Dinan's website when you select the Dinan+ tune for an F90 M5:

"CARS NO LONGER COVERED BY THE ORIGINAL VEHICLE MANUFACTURER’S NEW CAR LIMITED WARRANTY

Dinan Performance Products are warranted for a 2-year, unlimited mileage period from the date of original purchase. Dinan’s warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold."

Not sure how else to take that statement. I must just be misinterpreting when you said no, it doesn't cover that, because it seems like you went on to say it does cover for 2 years if you're out of factory warranty. I'm confused.

Last edited by Demon Barber; 01-20-2022 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 11:14 PM   #51
bMm5w
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Demon, I think your example is talking about a warranty for Dinan products, while the latest general conversation here discussed the optional substitute for BMW manufacturer warranty on the vehicle itself which use Dinan + tunes.

That said, I'm torn between Dinan Stage 1 and Dinan + when I have 20K miles left in warranty and considering an extended warranty.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 07:44 AM   #52
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The following is from the warranty disclaimer on Dinan's website when you select the Dinan+ tune for an F90 M5:

"CARS NO LONGER COVERED BY THE ORIGINAL VEHICLE MANUFACTURER’S NEW CAR LIMITED WARRANTY

Dinan Performance Products are warranted for a 2-year, unlimited mileage period from the date of original purchase. Dinan’s warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold."

Not sure how else to take that statement. I must just be misinterpreting when you said no, it doesn't cover that, because it seems like you went on to say it does cover for 2 years if you're out of factory warranty. I'm confused.
On all Dinan products unless specifically notated (refurb, DINANTRONICS Sport, etc) there would be 2 years of coverage on the product only (basically a defect warranty). The key here though is it ONLY covers the Dinan product. So, technically if you are in the last year of your 4yr/50k factory warranty and get the Dinan+ tune you would have 1 year of matching warranty coverage and then another year of coverage on the software ONLY. In the case of software however where there is no physical component that amounts to free updates to defects in the Dinan software. That said -- software has a limited lifetime warranty for updates to the software so that second year doesn't even really mean anything in this case.

The key snippets of the warranty statement are below with some bold sections for the most important parts for this conversation.

CARS COVERED BY THE ORIGINAL VEHICLE MANUFACTURER’S NEW CAR LIMITED WARRANTY

If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty, Dinan products are warranted for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty. The manufacturer’s new car warranty is limited to 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 kilometers in Canada), commencing on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed in-service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier. Dinan’s warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold.

The Authorized Dinan Dealer will, without charge for parts or labor, repair or replace the defective Dinan component(s), as well as any original vehicle manufacturer’s component(s) that may have been directly affected by a Dinan component, using new or authorized remanufactured parts.

CARS NO LONGER COVERED BY THE ORIGINAL VEHICLE MANUFACTURER’S NEW CAR LIMITED WARRANTY

Dinan Performance Products are warranted for a 2-year, unlimited mileage period from the date of original purchase. Dinan’s warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold.

Dinan will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any defective Dinan component upon receipt of the item and proof of the original purchase in the form of a lawful invoice. This warranty does not include reimbursement for repairs to any original vehicle manufacturer’s component(s) that may have been affected by a Dinan component.

The short of it is -- the 2 year warranty referenced is primarily applicable to hard parts and not software. The key however is the 2 year warranty is covering the Dinan product only. For coverage of Dinan and OE components (ie: "full" coverage) that is limited to running concurrently with the factory new car warranty (initial 4yr/50k)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 05:06 PM   #53
fozzydj
DIYer, 335i N54 lover
Rep
Drives: N54 BMW 355i SE 2007, 148,000

I think it was asked on P2 of this post and un answered but:

1. Is the factory launch control still available after a S1 tune.

2. If yes - is it safe to use after the tune or is too much going through the car to be launching it safely…

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 05:15 PM   #54
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzydj View Post
I think it was asked on P2 of this post and un answered but:

1. Is the factory launch control still available after a S1 tune.

2. If yes - is it safe to use after the tune or is too much going through the car to be launching it safely…

Thanks in advance.
Launch control is retained. Is it safe? As far as the engine is concerned we havent had any issues so yes. As far as safe from the perspective of safe to drive. That's more debateable and more dependent on driver skill. I find it scary as all hell personally but the couple race car drivers in the building giggle like school girls.
Appreciate 1
spuntyb4060.50
      01-22-2022, 03:11 PM   #55
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

So when you say +130 whp you really mean, +30hp, in line with Dinan's historical claims of performance vs. actual performance?

Would love for a 3rd party to test these claims on an independent dyno.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 12:30 AM   #56
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep

Quote:
On all Dinan products unless specifically notated (refurb, DINANTRONICS Sport, etc) there would be 2 years of coverage on the product only (basically a defect warranty). The key here though is it ONLY covers the Dinan product. So, technically if you are in the last year of your 4yr/50k factory warranty and get the Dinan+ tune you would have 1 year of matching warranty coverage and then another year of coverage on the software ONLY. In the case of software however where there is no physical component that amounts to free updates to defects in the Dinan software. That said -- software has a limited lifetime warranty for updates to the software so that second year doesn't even really mean anything in this case.

The key snippets of the warranty statement are below with some bold sections for the most important parts for this conversation.

CARS COVERED BY THE ORIGINAL VEHICLE MANUFACTURER’S NEW CAR LIMITED WARRANTY

If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty, Dinan products are warranted for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty. The manufacturer’s new car warranty is limited to 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 kilometers in Canada), commencing on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed in-service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier. Dinan’s warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold.

The Authorized Dinan Dealer will, without charge for parts or labor, repair or replace the defective Dinan component(s), as well as any original vehicle manufacturer’s component(s) that may have been directly affected by a Dinan component, using new or authorized remanufactured parts.

CARS NO LONGER COVERED BY THE ORIGINAL VEHICLE MANUFACTURER’S NEW CAR LIMITED WARRANTY

Dinan Performance Products are warranted for a 2-year, unlimited mileage period from the date of original purchase. Dinan’s warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold.

Dinan will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any defective Dinan component upon receipt of the item and proof of the original purchase in the form of a lawful invoice. This warranty does not include reimbursement for repairs to any original vehicle manufacturer’s component(s) that may have been affected by a Dinan component.

The short of it is -- the 2 year warranty referenced is primarily applicable to hard parts and not software. The key however is the 2 year warranty is covering the Dinan product only. For coverage of Dinan and OE components (ie: "full" coverage) that is limited to running concurrently with the factory new car warranty (initial 4yr/50k)
Now I understand, thanks for clarifying. Since I paid $7k extra up front for a 7 year 100k mile extended warranty, and the car turns 4 years old in May of this year, it seems a bit risky to tune with no warranty backup after June. And, the extra 3 extra years of coverage I've paid for would be voided/money wasted if there was a failure BMW considers tune related.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 08:55 AM   #57
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
So when you say +130 whp you really mean, +30hp, in line with Dinan's historical claims of performance vs. actual performance?

Would love for a 3rd party to test these claims on an independent dyno.
If you choose not to believe the supplied dyno's then so be it. I'm sure some independent data will pop up in due time that supports the claims. Seems to be at least some Dragy data from a Dinan+ customer may be coming in the not so distant future according to another thread.

Quote:
Now I understand, thanks for clarifying. Since I paid $7k extra up front for a 7 year 100k mile extended warranty, and the car turns 4 years old in May of this year, it seems a bit risky to tune with no warranty backup after June. And, the extra 3 extra years of coverage I've paid for would be voided/money wasted if there was a failure BMW considers tune related.
I would likely do the same. When you get into the extended warranty stuff, especially where everything is looked at with a fine tooth comb should something occur, I don't think its worth the risk of jeopardizing what you have already spent up front.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 12:20 AM   #58
sollomon
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4,M5,M8C,X5M50I, X5M

Garage List
2020 BMW X5M50I  [0.00]
2020 Bmw m8 competi ...  [0.00]
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Attachment 2766848

Dinan Stage 1 S63(TU4) Performance Engine Software

Part Number(s): D900-S63-T4-S1 & D900-S63-T4-S1-W

Applications:
  • 2018-2020 F90 M5 & M5 Competition
  • 2020 F91/F92/F93 M8 & M8 Competition
  • 2020 F95 X5M & X5M Competition
  • 2020 F96 X6M & X6M Competition
Limited to to 2018-2020 MY's. 2021+ MY's not supported at this time.

Product Page(s) / Pricing:Release Date: [COLOR="Red"]Available Now![/COLOR]

Description: Some of the world's most potent sedans and SUVs to begin with, the F90 M5 and F95 X5M now have the ability to go beyond formidable and to levels of outright domination in their respective classes. With max gains on pump gas nearing +130 WHP and +200 lb-ft of torque courtesy of Dinan Stage 1 software the battle for runner-up in each respective class is the only question.

Those are garish gains on their own but considering that those figures are with no additional modifications or alterations to the catalysts, it's an even more impressive feat. One that will be sure to result in a very enthusiastic grin. Utilize race gas and the gains jump yet another factor of fun.

While increases in power at this scale typically come at a cost to the engine's durability, this is typically due to improper calibrations that are simply after one goal regardless of engine health - maximum power. Dinan's calibrations are safe and reliable without sacrificing long-term reliability or performance. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. In most cases Dinan software engineers also implement their own additional safety precautions in order to guarantee flawless performance that may not have been needed with factory power levels/programming. Protecting your BMW, while giving the most performance, is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". To do just that, drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength, and then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This process has been a cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades and a major reason why Dinan performance tunes are often labelled as being the smoothest, factory-like solution in the marketplace.

Features/Benefits (Stage 1):
  • More Power: Max gains ranging from 122-130 WHP / 190-198 lb-ft of torque over stock with 93 octane. Consult the performance charts for additional octanes and/or detailed data on specific vehicle variants.
  • Dinan Stage 1 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty.
  • Access to numerous octane calibrations depending on your needs (91, 93, 100, and 104). Switching between mappings would require a reflash at a Dinan authorized dealer.
  • Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide-open throttle and everywhere in between.
  • Optimized boost control, cam phasing, lamda targeting, fueling, airflow and temperature controls for maximum power output that is also safe and reliable.
  • Retains all BMW factory engine safeguards and adds numerous additional safety protections.
  • Top speed governor (VMAX) removed.
  • Torque by gear strategies implemented for maximum power output and traction.
  • Sport mode cooling that targets lower coolant temperatures added for optimum track effectiveness.
  • Pedal feel improved to naturally align with the increased torque output.
  • Sport gauges rescaled to reflect higher than stock power output.
  • Remote start functionality (if equipped) completely retained. Digital key presence not required.

Features/Benefits (Dinan +):
  • More Power: Max gains ranging from 96-104 WHP / 148-157 lb-ft of torque over stock with 91 octane. Consult the performance charts for detailed data on specific vehicle variants.
  • Dinan + performance software matches the factory new car warranty (4year / 50,000 mi) and is the warranty protection commonly associated with the Dinan brand.
  • Limited to a single calibration (91).
  • All other features from stage 1 above are shared with the Dinan + calibration.

Attachment 2766849
Attachment 2766850
Attachment 2766851
Attachment 2766852
Attachment 2766853
Attachment 2766854
Honestly i was never a fan of dinan. But moment i saw remote start wont get effected. This has got my attention and started looking more into it. Remote start is something none of the tuners out in the market can do something about.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2022, 11:02 AM   #59
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

If anyone does put this on their car please share!
      03-07-2022, 08:49 PM   #60
01001010 01001011
Rep
Drives: 300TE

Quote:
Attachment 2766848

Dinan Stage 1 S63(TU4) Performance Engine Software

Part Number(s): D900-S63-T4-S1 & D900-S63-T4-S1-W

Applications:
  • 2018-2020 F90 M5 & M5 Competition
  • 2020 F91/F92/F93 M8 & M8 Competition
  • 2020 F95 X5M & X5M Competition
  • 2020 F96 X6M & X6M Competition
Limited to to 2018-2020 MY's. 2021+ MY's not supported at this time.

Product Page(s) / Pricing:Release Date: Available Now!

Description: Some of the world's most potent sedans and SUVs to begin with, the F90 M5 and F95 X5M now have the ability to go beyond formidable and to levels of outright domination in their respective classes. With max gains on pump gas nearing +130 WHP and +200 lb-ft of torque courtesy of Dinan Stage 1 software the battle for runner-up in each respective class is the only question.

Those are garish gains on their own but considering that those figures are with no additional modifications or alterations to the catalysts, it's an even more impressive feat. One that will be sure to result in a very enthusiastic grin. Utilize race gas and the gains jump yet another factor of fun.

While increases in power at this scale typically come at a cost to the engine's durability, this is typically due to improper calibrations that are simply after one goal regardless of engine health - maximum power. Dinan's calibrations are safe and reliable without sacrificing long-term reliability or performance. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. In most cases Dinan software engineers also implement their own additional safety precautions in order to guarantee flawless performance that may not have been needed with factory power levels/programming. Protecting your BMW, while giving the most performance, is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". To do just that, drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength, and then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This process has been a cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades and a major reason why Dinan performance tunes are often labelled as being the smoothest, factory-like solution in the marketplace.

Features/Benefits (Stage 1):
  • More Power: Max gains ranging from 122-130 WHP / 190-198 lb-ft of torque over stock with 93 octane. Consult the performance charts for additional octanes and/or detailed data on specific vehicle variants.
  • Dinan Stage 1 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty.
  • Access to numerous octane calibrations depending on your needs (91, 93, 100, and 104). Switching between mappings would require a reflash at a Dinan authorized dealer.
  • Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide-open throttle and everywhere in between.
  • Optimized boost control, cam phasing, lamda targeting, fueling, airflow and temperature controls for maximum power output that is also safe and reliable.
  • Retains all BMW factory engine safeguards and adds numerous additional safety protections.
  • Top speed governor (VMAX) removed.
  • Torque by gear strategies implemented for maximum power output and traction.
  • Sport mode cooling that targets lower coolant temperatures added for optimum track effectiveness.
  • Pedal feel improved to naturally align with the increased torque output.
  • Sport gauges rescaled to reflect higher than stock power output.
  • Remote start functionality (if equipped) completely retained. Digital key presence not required.

Features/Benefits (Dinan +):
  • More Power: Max gains ranging from 96-104 WHP / 148-157 lb-ft of torque over stock with 91 octane. Consult the performance charts for detailed data on specific vehicle variants.
  • Dinan + performance software matches the factory new car warranty (4year / 50,000 mi) and is the warranty protection commonly associated with the Dinan brand.
  • Limited to a single calibration (91).
  • All other features from stage 1 above are shared with the Dinan + calibration.

Attachment 2766849
Attachment 2766850
Attachment 2766851
Attachment 2766852
Attachment 2766853
Attachment 2766854
First off, love your description “this process has been the cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades” part of your sales pitch! Second, when you mean decades are you including 2008 to 2017 when Dinan was unable to develop your own software and purchased software from Noelle to sell as if you engineered it? Your sales pitch appears to be less than truthful and misleading, you might want to correct it.

I also encourage you to address my comment to your post on the X3M / X4M forum about disparaging the people that helped make Dinan what it once was. On a side note, I can’t wait to read the reviews of the new colored Dinan ignition coils. I’m sure it’s going to be the latest breakthrough performance product that you’ve developed. Is there a colored Dinan high performance gas cap in the works too?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 06:20 AM   #61
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Wow! Exposed…. But a member here did do a Noelle tune test and trapped 135, which is pretty good for an off the shelf tune, and I don’t think he had any other mods but am not sure. Don’t have that thread handy but it was posted a few months ago. Prior to that there was not much in the way of testing on the Noelle tune.

Last edited by pbonsalb; 03-08-2022 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 08:30 AM   #62
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 01001011 View Post
First off, love your description “this process has been the cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades” part of your sales pitch! Second, when you mean decades are you including 2008 to 2017 when Dinan was unable to develop your own software and purchased software from Noelle to sell as if you engineered it?
If legitimate this certainly casts Steve Dinan in a different light. In interviews he has mentioned the lengthy process his engineers go to to develop safe tunes, and why they are usually last to provide them.

The binary signature of this post is JK. I don’t know if that has any significance……?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 09:44 AM   #63
FatRear08
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Interesante…oh Dios mío!!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 11:10 AM   #64
lankymidget
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Wow! Exposed…. But a member here did do a BBC Noelle tune test and trapped 135, which is pretty good for an off the shelf tune, and I don’t think he had any other mods but am not sure. Don’t have that thread handy but it was posted a few months ago. Prior to that there was not much in the way of testing on the Noelle tune.
This is dated 2008??.. Steve is now involved with CarBahn and not DINAN anymore (was taken by APR - 2015). Interesting 7 or 14 years ago, but not sure how much of this is relevant on this thread today
      03-08-2022, 11:56 AM   #65
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Yes, everyone should know Steve Dinan sold the Dinan company years ago. The Dinan company still has his name, but Steve Dinan now runs a competing company called Carbahn, which presumably does have its own tuners on staff as he represented during the Steve Dinan Carbahn interview/podcast.

What is interesting and relevant and current is that the Dinan company that is active on this forum and that is selling a piggyback tune is just rebranding a Noelle tune even though it claims the piggyback tune as its own.
Appreciate 1
Slugsy01157.00
      03-08-2022, 12:14 PM   #66
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankymidget View Post
This is dated 2008??.. Steve is now involved with CarBahn and not DINAN anymore (was taken by APR - 2015). Interesting 7 or 14 years ago, but not sure how much of this is relevant on this thread today
Point is, in their marketing, they say "decades". From that agreement, that literally isn't true.

Last edited by boost3dx; 03-08-2022 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0