BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Nice One here in Asheville, NC

06-05-2023, 09:50 AM   #1
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Nice One here in Asheville, NC

Here now and this thing is gorgeous in person. It’s been here for at least 8 months.
https://www.bmwofasheville.com/new/B...a697848fc8.htm
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 11:28 AM   #2
trev230
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

I've communicated with that dealer in the past and they have been excellent with communication back and forth.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 01:38 PM   #3
pmsteinm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M5C, 19 X5

Garage List
I wonder what that "decoding additional functions" line on the window sticker is.

I also wonder why their website lists the wheels as a $1,300 option since they are the cheaper wheels vs. the forged 789M and either wheel choice is "free" with the competition package.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2023, 10:40 AM   #4
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsteinm View Post
I wonder what that "decoding additional functions" line on the window sticker is.

I also wonder why their website lists the wheels as a $1,300 option since they are the cheaper wheels vs. the forged 789M and either wheel choice is "free" with the competition package.
The "decoding additional functions" is listed on all (or almost all?) examples with individual paint. Something with the lane change assist sensors I believe and the paint thickness due to non-standard paints. It's a non-issue really.
      06-09-2023, 08:31 AM   #5
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
The "decoding additional functions" is listed on all (or almost all?) examples with individual paint. Something with the lane change assist sensors I believe and the paint thickness due to non-standard paints. It's a non-issue really.
Correct. It's all of the true individual colors (not the "individual" ones bmw offers for sale) for example frozen bluestone will not have that option, but mint green will since it was never offered for sale in mint green
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 07:08 PM   #6
willyp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5C, M3CS, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRob View Post
Here now and this thing is gorgeous in person. It’s been here for at least 8 months.
https://www.bmwofasheville.com/new/B...a697848fc8.htm
Yeah sweet car, lots of carbon and that interior is impressive for sure... Color is a little too much for me but I am sure it will sell being one of the last F90s. They had a black on black one also but I think it might have sold.

Asheville BMW is by far the best BMW Dealership I have ever worked with, Alex Powell is awesome to work with and I would highly recommend him.
      06-16-2023, 06:06 AM   #7
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyp View Post
Yeah sweet car, lots of carbon and that interior is impressive for sure... Color is a little too much for me but I am sure it will sell being one of the last F90s. They had a black on black one also but I think it might have sold.

Asheville BMW is by far the best BMW Dealership I have ever worked with, Alex Powell is awesome to work with and I would highly recommend him.
Yeah, that black on black was MY order. I backed out though due to significant delays with it and needing to get one quickly so found another used one elsewhere. They were super cool and understanding about it. It was the second vehicle I bought from them and I have my current one serviced there. A great group of folks to work with for sure! I hated to see when they were ripped off a few months back!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2023, 03:47 PM   #8
willyp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5C, M3CS, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRob View Post
Yeah, that black on black was MY order. I backed out though due to significant delays with it and needing to get one quickly so found another used one elsewhere. They were super cool and understanding about it. It was the second vehicle I bought from them and I have my current one serviced there. A great group of folks to work with for sure! I hated to see when they were ripped off a few months back!

Oh how funny, that makes sense as I was surprised when I saw two in there...

The robbery was nuts, I was there that week trying to get a car for my wife and because they had taken all of the keys pretty much all of their inventory was dead. They had like 1 car and it had just been delivered that day. Pretty crazy story to say the least, so crazy I almost didnt believe it... They said they were stealing them to street race them in Charlotte as the police weren't pursuing anyone who ran. They had the keys in the M3 Jahre but couldn't figure out how to put it in gear LOL.
      09-09-2023, 10:47 AM   #9
TEGRITY
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
Interesting, I had it listed on DG and my current MBB. My sales rep did say that some standard colours like DG are thick paints so some functions get removed.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 09:18 AM   #10
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEGRITY View Post
Interesting, I had it listed on DG and my current MBB. My sales rep did say that some standard colours like DG are thick paints so some functions get removed.
No, in your case it's a country thing, your regulations don't permit it. Ironically in germany its the same thing, lane change is disabled and all cars come with 8TR. If you're interested I can turn that back on for you.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 05:32 PM   #11
TEGRITY
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
No, in your case it's a country thing, your regulations don't permit it. Ironically in germany its the same thing, lane change is disabled and all cars come with 8TR. If you're interested I can turn that back on for you.
Okay, makes more sense then. Yes, would be great if you could help with that! Thanks mate
Appreciate 0