BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Bimmercode App M5

01-29-2021, 06:18 PM   #67
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp First Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTATX View Post
Old thread but wanted to ask. What module in esys we can change ambient lights and anti dazzle. Thx
You understand that knowing the module is akin to listing your home address as "USA", right?

The last time I coded anti-dazzle myself was maybe 4 years ago and it required 20+ FDL-coding changes and a bit of VO coding. This is an easy way to brick your car. I'd recommend paying for it—while I'm confident I can do it myself given the necessary reading, my time is worth more to me than a remote coding session.

Just my tuppence...
Oh I already have it I'm just trying to learn the system. Thx
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 06:25 PM   #68
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Old thread but wanted to ask. What module in esys we can change ambient lights and anti dazzle. Thx
You understand that knowing the module is akin to listing your home address as "USA", right?

The last time I coded anti-dazzle myself was maybe 4 years ago and it required 20+ FDL-coding changes and a bit of VO coding. This is an easy way to brick your car. I'd recommend paying for it—while I'm confident I can do it myself given the necessary reading, my time is worth more to me than a remote coding session.

Just my tuppence...
Oh I already have it I'm just trying to learn the system. Thx
Start with B M W coding.c o m and/or Google. But don't start with questions... just read. It's A LOT!

Look for intro posts from Lemetier and/or Shawn Sheridan. Cheat sheets are commonplace and help reduce the learning curve.
Appreciate 0